No, legally they can't do anything for you.

There is an implied warranty on anything you buy to protect consumers from 'hidden defects', 'reasonable' is a subjective warranty term and is open to interpretation by the credit card company, it really doesn't protect AirSplat from anything. KJW's policy doesn't matter to Samuel, they aren't party to the transaction. If he can provide proof that the product is defective there is no reason he can't have charges reversed. If he lied about his age he may havie trouble but it also may help. I don't think the CC company will reverse the charges either, but not because they can't.

Regarding him calling you...me joking! Him need new hobby, perhaps yoga. For the love of God, Samuel, please handle the rest of this yourself and send a postcard when it's over.

Edited by DiscoBiscuit
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Why are you guys are trolling just thinking that 15 year olds can't do *suitcase* with parental help? Maybe if you had something failing everything you shot you might understand. I'm sorry age doesn't determine how much logic or how how much you can use your brain in these situations. If I can be an assistant lifeguard I think I could deal with a toy and the bad retailer that sent me this. I wish you could actually see I am not some troll or anything I am just trying to get across a point and I was making dumbass posts earlier with my experience of the KJW M4 and pretty much getting off topic. I swear on my honor as an Eagle Scout I will try to be more responsible with what I write on here.

The part on the age for the credit card company, it's my parents and they will do anything to get me what the hell I deserve instead of stress and this piece of poop. I mean I think it should be illegal to drop me whenever I ask for parts when I have warranty and then come back and say "Oh, your warranty is out we can't help you." Do you guys know of any good US company? I really don't want to buy from the US now that this happened.

I see people joke all the time on airsoft forums since if I can't get Airsplat to give me my warranty back and refund / replace this gun because of my age I got them to repair it last time and I will make them do something with this gun. Whenever I have been waiting for years to build up $500 and get screwed you would be mad too.

<End comments until I get this sorted out today>

Edited by _Samuel_

Even if your problems are legit or just user error, no one here can really do anything for you. We are not magical forum fairies that can just shake a stick and fix your gun. We are here to answer questions like If you have a specific question about a part, or how to operate/disassemble something. We do not want to hear your rants about buyers remorse, take those up with your parents or someone else who might care. Have a pleasant afternoon

Hm.. thanks for that response. I have been having problems with the trigger mech like I said and it only goes on semi and then doesn't allow it to switch. Then I have to switch between safe and semi-auto to get it to fire one round then it starts burst firing. I think it is manufacturer defect but that is me since it starts shooting three round bursts and fizzes out whenever it is about 92 F. Also, the feeding nozzle has a big gash like I showed you on the picture just from about 50 magazines. There if you want more information just voice chat me or something it is very hard to explain since I am not an expert on this weapon system. I have Skype, Steam, and Xfire if anyone wants to know that in PM. I promise I won't rant. I was shooting it on full auto then the trigger mech screwed up again thought.

Edited by _Samuel_

I haven't heard of many, if any, trigger related problems. Like Steve3057 said, Im afraid not many of us can really help over forums and probably not much better over a chat or video chat service. Out of curiosity, where in the US are you located?

Best of luck getting things sorted with Airsplat.

Also, FWIW, the small revisions made to the CQB-R variant of the KJW M4 aren't likely to solve any of the problems you have reported. The changes to that rifle for the most part were taken care of in the standard models after the serialized versions of the gun were sold. Something to think about as you work through the return/repair process.

I have stress issues due to my old school. Just PM me I will tell you what happened if you don't believe me so be it. I was so stressed I didn't eat much and I couldn't because it gave me reflux and all sorts of other *suitcase*.

NO I WILL NOT GIVE UP! I love the military and what they do and every military holiday is my favorite (other than Christmas and Easter) and we figured it out. The silver piece in the trigger mech randomly jams and doesn't cock whenever the charging handle is pulled back. It jams up somehow and then locks up.

Edited by _Samuel_

I've had a trigger problem before. Sometimes I couldn't switch it from semi to anything else and the trigger would lock up randomly. It turns out there was a small piece of metal stuck inside the lower getting lodged and dislodged in the various parts of the trigger group.

I checked for anything I could see and I found nothing in it. It just seems stuck sometimes from silicon oil and the fact it might be a manufacturer defect since I have no clue what is going on with all of the burst firing on semi. I have had weird problems I stuck an allen screw into feeding lip where it went down the side since my camera is a piece of junk. :mellow:

Hope you guys forgive me for my "trolling" I guess. I am not that much of a noob with the KJW M4. It is just pissing me off to a hell of an extreme where I just stress over the fact Airsplat ripped me off, lied to my face, etc. I am sorry I think it is KJW itself and if you say otherwise how can all this happen?

Links: http://imageshack.us/g/5/brokenbolt.png/

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/32/q2d.mp4/

If you need an explantion more than what I have said just please give me a shout I don't care anymore for this gun. :(

Edited by _Samuel_

I've had a trigger problem before. Sometimes I couldn't switch it from semi to anything else and the trigger would lock up randomly. It turns out there was a small piece of metal stuck inside the lower getting lodged and dislodged in the various parts of the trigger group.

Hey...Actually two friends of mine are having troubles with that issue, and the rifles are almost new...non of us in our team have disssassembled our rifle's lower receiver...it's there any step by step to do it so we can get the area clean of any possible debris???...thanks.

Wow, I was going to but everyone needed to see how much my KJW M4 sucked compared to their KJW M4.

Slipknot1971: Get permission from the retailer to take it apart so you or your team mates don't lose the warranty because there is no way. Mine is now shooting semi only and can't move from side to side to switch firing modes even with disassembly and it doesn't allow it to stay like that or the upper and lower receiver do not go back together! Brand new and this blows! The feeding nozzle cracked and the feeding nozzle has the spring bent to hell and another plastic part that fell out. I think the feeding nozzle is going to crack on me but it is Airsplat's fault for taking it apart first not mine.

Do you guys believe me now or am I just a troll to you guys?

Edited by _Samuel_

If it's not worth $150, I'll take it off your hands for $50 then.

ETA: There is an additional contact at KJW, Ms. Diana Huang besides Claire herself. Also, remember to use simple English and short sentences. :)

Edited by johnyew

Slipknot1971: Get permission from the retailer to take it apart so you or your team mates don't lose the warranty because there is no way.

Your only warranty is from airsplat, KJW and most other airsoft retailers in the US and HK sell items with no warranty implied or otherwise, and those in the US only need obey lemon laws. Unless you can credibly prove you got a lemon (and I bet airsplat could demonstrate otherwise) you won't be getting money back permanently. On top of that I very much doubt you will be getting money back from a CC company anyway as I doubt you have one in your own name. On top of that proper working maintenance for this replica, as it is for a real AR, requires complete disassembly. you need to go in and lube the piston cup every so often, and you also need to clean any dirt build up within the airways, that requires complete disassembly.

Getting 50 mags out of any replica with no maintenance is a pretty tall order, especially for a GBBR, for me that's more than 5 heavy game days, so I would wager that every 6-12 mags I tear this thing down, clean off all the grease on it, re-oil it, re assemble and shoot a mag through it. I note any areas of wear and compare after each game, I see what part I may need to replace next, if possible, I check the upper for cracks to see if I can fill them before they get bad (*if* I ever find any), I check to make sure the barrel is still true, and I check the buffer spring to see if there are any kinks or damaged areas. I also throughly wash the hup-up rubber and clean the barrel, all of this takes about an hour, that's more work than I do for my real AR.

No-one ever said all of your issues were user inflicted, however I did say that you may be encountering certain known issues, then compounding them by attempting to resolve them in less than proper ways (i.e. shoving a hex wrench into a jammed bolt) and creating new/more problems most have never had. Does the fact that others have some of the same issues make you any less of a nuisance, no. Does the fact that you've now had two and can't get a working replica mean KJW M4s suck, no, it means you either have extremely poor luck, bad karma, or don't know how to operate them.

However your trigger related issue was discussed at length on GGI a little over a year ago, the thread should still be there, there is no step by step resolution, but there were some options mentioned. One of the most mentioned solutions was that the mechanism needed to be oiled and worked, then cleaned, oiled, and worked more until it worked properly. Big surprise what airsplat told you to do may actually fix your problem, right? Otherwise if something is out of spec look at it, and grind it down, do what the rest of us do try to find your own solution rather than *badgeress* and moan like a little kiddie until someone holds your hand through the whole process. (slipknot, just so you know that is not aimed at you, I know you guys are trying to figure it out while also asking if anyone has a solution)

Edited by frogfish

Sorry Frog, my camera sucks so I can't even get enough detail for Airsplat for some parts. If I show them that I think they will probably have to give me warranty with the bolt spliting with silicon oil all over it. I mean they messed with it last why the hell it break whenever I shoot it for like an hour and that was with time interventions? 50 magazines is nothing over a few days or weeks. Yesterday I was like "What could go wrong?" so I lubed it to hell and took the upper and just dumped whatever silicon grease was too thick. I couldn't get anything out of the trigger mech but it just seems to be want to stay somehow jammed even thought there isn't anything in it.

Well, I will be trying to talk over the phone calmly with Larry so may God help us all. :unsure:

Edited by _Samuel_

Yes. I can't even turn it without disassembling it and the thing barely seems to not mesh together without force because of the feeding nozzle.

Update: I called Airsplat and they were surprised I had KJW direct contacts and all the problems I am having with their "repaired" gun. I am getting back in warranty and getting a refund. :)

Edited by _Samuel_