Hi guys!

Im new to both the forum and to the kjw m4.

I dont really know if i should get one and was hoping you guys could help me out.

The only thing that worries me is the hopup. Is it any reliable? Or do i need to mod it to make it funktion properly?

Thank you in advance :)

Usually, the hopup is ok in this rifle. But, in order to control the hopup effect with more efficency, you should buy a new hopup rubber for kjw m4 from ra-tech or from the other manufacturer.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Eventually all owners will try to make their own shoot better. So that doesn't mean that the stock need changing. All we can say to you is that of all the GBBR out there, KJ is the BEST, OUT OF THE BOX.

I absolutely agree. Some airsofters prefer heavy bbs and for such bbs a stock hopup rubber could be a little bit less efficient )

Awesome comparison Slipknot!

As Ive said before, a good GBB is wonderful as a PTW. Muscle Memory FTW.

I have just installed CJ's Oring. Upon receiving it, it feels a bit more robust than the stock ring and the rim of the seal seems to have a larger diameter so I'm assuming it will indeed seal better. Upon firing it, you can feel a slight and subtle, but noticeable increase in recoil/snappiness of the bolt. I unfortunately did not shoot the gun just prior to the installation so I am only recalling what I remember. The V2 bolt already is snappier than the original V1. Installation was a breeze and the gun cycles wonderfully and fast. I feel this ring will hold up to much more abuse than the stock one.

Thanks a lot Kai_wolf! I am glad you liked the improvements it gave you. =) Let us know again how it performs after thousands of rounds =) Have a great ops! =)

I guess thats the answer i need :)

thanx guys :)

Cavum,

Another KJW M4 user and I ran a 2 day game this past weekend, where we easily shot well over 3000 rounds for the weekend. Neither of us had a SINGLE issue the entire weekend. Even with temps low in the mornings, our guns performed perfectly.

I was on the fence of selling my KJW for a Polarstar setup, but after this weekend, the KJ is here to stay... Just sent Diane an email for a new v2 bolt group, and a couple other parts, and will order a new piston cup from CJ as soon as I have confirmation of the shipment...

The only issue that I can possibly come up with, is the essence of "lack of fire superiority." In English, 30rds is a tough match up against a 13 year old w/ a box mag, a hicap, or even a 120rd midcap... The only solution is to up your game, and consequently, it is making me a better player!

Edited by Hut73

That sounds pretty awesome! and your guns were all stock during the weekend, reguarding the internals?

I am more or less totaly convinced of bying the KJ now :)

What changes does the V2 bolt group and piston cup do?

actually, thats one of the things im looking forward to. That i have to be careful not to waste any of my shots etc. :)

That sounds pretty awesome! and your guns were all stock during the weekend, reguarding the internals?

I am more or less totaly convinced of bying the KJ now :)

What changes does the V2 bolt group and piston cup do?

actually, thats one of the things im looking forward to. That i have to be careful not to waste any of my shots etc. :)

My gun is fully upgraded w/ all of the Cradle Airsoft upgrades, and my friends is only partially upgraded. The thing w/ the KJW is there's only one upgrade that you might call a necessity, and that's the cradle bolt carrier extension. All the other stuff is just icing on an already iced cake :-)

In some cases, and its hit or miss, the hop ups in the KJW is not as sensitive, and adjusting the amount of hop up doesn't always work that well, but there are easy fixes for that out there... I have the cradle tdc mod on mine, and the gun shoots like a laser beam now. All this stuff is detailed throughout this thread. It may be 200 pages, but its well worth the read...

I just got my gun, and upon field striping it, I didn't find a rubber band. then I looked up pics for KJW V2 bolts and it looks like mine came with one! Is this something KJW is starting to do?

Yes. A lot of the new stock coming out of retailers is already version 2...

Swishy,

I wouldn't call the version 2 bolt as an upgrade as far as i'm concerned. Because my V2 bolt is starting to show wear on it and it's only 3mos old, while my 3 y/o V1 bolt has none.

Is the wear different than the pictures already posted in this thread? If not, would it make sense to round the leading edge shown in those earlier pics out before they start to wear?

Is the wear different than the pictures already posted in this thread? If not, would it make sense to round the leading edge shown in those earlier pics out before they start to wear?

That edge is the bolt catch area so rounding it off would probably mean it wouldn't catch.

I agree its no upgrade I have both but use the V1