• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

does t_hum sell tbb too?

Yes.

Are you guys who have both the v1 and v2 bolts, swapping out the bolt catch when and if you change them? I find that my v1 bolt works fine w/ the v2 catch, so I've been leaving it in, but I wanted to see what you all were doing.

As for You guys putting on BAD Lever's, I HIGHLY recommend the Troy Ambi Bolt Release over the Magpul version if you're gonna use a real steel one. It's infinitely better, and less prone to stripping out than the Magpul version. I've gone through 3 Magpul Bad Levers now, and the screws have stripped out of all 3 of them. And Magpul customer service has been worthless IMHO.

T_hum is definitely still doing KJW stuff. He was on gasguns.info last week re-verifying his existence. His every day work has been keeping him very busy lately, so he hasn't been on the various boards much.

Edited by Hut73

I really don't want to buy 2 more bolts for $48.

In the mean time, I added gorilla tape to the bottom of the bolt catch and the part that pushes on it on all my mags. This makes the bolt catch engage the bolt at the fullest. And I'm not releasing the bolt by hitting the bolt catch, I'm pulling the charging handle back to release it. Seems to be working really well and it locks back everytime.

I hope it lasts a long time, and it shouldnt be wearing down the bolt if I keep doing that.

I will keep you all updated on how it holds up.

Im still here guys. Just wrapped up in the day-to-day of my other business. But we are still making parts and still doing work for the airsoft crowd.

As far as the v2 bolt issues go... we still have our designs for our billet carrier which is based roughly on the v1 design. No doubt it would be a better long term contender than the v2. I have a few more t's to cross before we could consider going into production with them. The biggest one is whether or not KJW will supply us with v1 bolt cups so we can make complete units. Ill try to get an answer soon.

Also, I had requests a while back from people wanting a V2 bolt disassembly video. Is this still something you guys want/need?

Edited by t_hum

To all folks who asked me how did I install the Magpul ASAP Plate in my KJ TK m4 GBBr and for those who wants to know.

It is hard to describe how in words so I am planning to create a video on how I installed it. It should be ready late next week. But what I can tell you now is that I did not use RS buffer tube to have it installed. I used the stock KJW buffer tube ;) there is a trick there ;) So no need to buy anything else just to install the ASAP Plate.

Also, in my signature below I have a link on the detailed instruction on how to disassemble the V2 bolt, does anybody still wants a video version of the instruction?

Thanks

Hut, how are you stripping BAD levers? Been using them on real steel extensively and then on airsoft with no problems at all. Loads of people have in fact.

I realize that... Honestly, I wish I knew. Don't know whether its the combo of the screw and the soft metal the lever is made of or what. I just know Magpul has blown me off consistently. when I found the Troy version, and saw how much better designed they are, I dropped them on both my KJW and my real steel and have been completely happy since. And obviously don't mind recommending them over the magpul version as a better alternative(IMHO of course).

Hut, how are you stripping BAD levers? Been using them on real steel extensively and then on airsoft with no problems at all. Loads of people have in fact.

I realize that... Honestly, I wish I knew. Don't know whether its the combo of the screw and the soft metal the lever is made of or what. I just know Magpul has blown me off consistently. when I found the Troy version, and saw how much better designed they are, I dropped them on both my KJW and my real steel and have been completely happy since. And obviously don't mind recommending them over the magpul version as a better alternative(IMHO of course).

Had to use the Phase5 version on my real Larue since the Magpul BAD won't fit the Larue lower. Nice piece it is, but not sure it fits the KJW since it replaces the entire bolt catch.

Hut, is the bolt release pad thinner or thicker than a real steel one, so you are torquing down on the screw and ripping out threads from the backplate or what? A little less torque and a little more loctite, perhaps? :)

Anyway.......y'all that modified the mag loader to accept a click loader........how is that working out for you?

Reference here and earlier in the thread: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/171349-kjw-m4/page__view__findpost__p__2506577

I bought an extra loader from KJW and drilled out the hole to accept the loading nozzle from TM click loader and can get a mag maybe halfway full before it is simply not possible to load more. Y'all have this happen? Best I can tell is the regular push stick and tube keeps the BBs aligned well so they get pushed right in, but the click loaders allow the BBs to shift side to side a touch and not be aligned. I suppose I need to drill that hole completely through so the click loader tube sits as close as possible to the mag feed lips, eh? (I stopped at the shoulder inside the mag loader......)

Hut, is the bolt release pad thinner or thicker than a real steel one, so you are torquing down on the screw and ripping out threads from the backplate or what? A little less torque and a little more loctite, perhaps? :)

Anyway.......y'all that modified the mag loader to accept a click loader........how is that working out for you?

Reference here and earlier in the thread: http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/171349-kjw-m4/page__view__findpost__p__2506577

I bought an extra loader from KJW and drilled out the hole to accept the loading nozzle from TM click loader and can get a mag maybe halfway full before it is simply not possible to load more. Y'all have this happen? Best I can tell is the regular push stick and tube keeps the BBs aligned well so they get pushed right in, but the click loaders allow the BBs to shift side to side a touch and not be aligned. I suppose I need to drill that hole completely through so the click loader tube sits as close as possible to the mag feed lips, eh? (I stopped at the shoulder inside the mag loader......)

I believe that's probably what happened to the first one. I was more careful w/ the subsequent ones. I haven't measured the thickness, but could grab my calipers to find out. The Troy version uses pressure/friction from 2 grub screws and a backplate that slides into grooves to keep it in place, rather than relying on the threads of the screw. Just a better designed product from my pov.

As for the mag loader issue you're experiencing, I have had a similar issue on occasion, but not consistently. My belief is that the speed loader does not sit flush w/ the shoulder inside the loader piece, allowing the bb's to shift as you mentioned. I haven't tried it, but I'm betting that if you "shorten" the neck on the loading piece, so that the speed loader sits flush w/ the shoulder, you'll solve that problem...

Hey is there any chance of fitting a stock like this http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_141&products_id=2877 ?

Probably not. That stock is specifically for AEGs and doesnt have an area for the buffer assembly. I guess if you really wanted to, you could modify the ###### out of it and it would work.

Bought a GBB-WA grip for my KJW that arrived today. Sadly it didn't fit. Can anyone link to the exact grip that I need. I was pretty sure the GBB one I bought was the one Raven linked to way back at the start of this thread. Which one fits?

You should be able to Use a real steel grip.

Edited by Hut73