Theme, pop the two pins in the top, pull out the whole top, to expose the output valve and take it out and soak it in oil... :)

anyways, awesome day with my KJW 100% working, went through about 1,200 rounds... only issue was one of the mag's fill valve o ring came off... so i couldn't fill that mag correctly, i was able to find the tiny o ring and kept it to put it back later, (i have the moondog ones if i did loose it...)

the second issue was weird... the "spring" in the nozzle broke (V2) so the nozzle wouldn't retract... i noticed right away when i got there, when someone was holding the gun and inspecting it :/ (people like to corner me to see it/ hold it, i guess GBBR's are a rarity down in FL)

I took it apart there quickly and it "seems" the spring broke in two... as the pin, etc looked fine. I have an extra nozzle, so I'm fine for later.. but i used it like that for all 1.2k rounds... nothing seemed out of the ordinary, worked fine.. FPS was around 465-483,

what could that have been affected? gas efficiency? could i have damaged anything?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Well thats the thing Landa, HOW do I take it out :P haha, the output valve that is and could you PM your Cell if ya have one? It would be nice to contact ya faster if I had any questions lols.

Seems like your issue is yet another problem with the V2 bolts lols. I was chronoing earlier today and boy did it take me a while with my perfectionist attitude haha. I am shooting about a good 350-365 at room temp, so in heat I should be a bit higher. This is with .25g btw. Anyone know a way to get my FPS a bit more consistent? Also at some points I was shooting at about 370ish. Either my gun could be more consistent or I just forgot that KJ M4s arent the most consistent in the world haha (coming from shooting a TM Px4 with super crazy consistency)

Ok done some work on the tank project, before I started I weighed the stock M4 with carry handle and KAC ris and it came in at 2750g the loosely assembled tank came in at 1940g still to add a reflex sight and change the stock (may just leave a blank tube like pistol AR15's). So roughly a 30% reduction in weight, given a mag is 420g ish the tank loaded and ready to go will weigh less than a stock M4 WITHOUT mag.

Big deal I hear you say but there are two easy ways to increase the kick of a gbbr

1) increase the weight of the moving mass

2) decrease the weight of the rifle

I've gone with 2) for this project to keep the KJW reliability.

Pictures when its finished but so far it's a V1 with TDC mod a G&P tank front set and I've used spacers on the std valve to get 330fps.

Range Report: Okay just got back from playing and heres my report on my gun and mods.

1. TDC Mod worked like a charm, I adjusted it adjusted, so it works great BUT when I was talkign to a vet airsofter I told him my bbs were all over the place and he said that usually my bucking while some other noobs said it was barrel vibration. What I am going to do is put the stock Hop back in and when I move or airsoft again I will see how my shots are because before I got the TDC Mod, my shots were **** (Poop).

2. Sand and dust are ALL in my mags and I am desperately in need of a valve key for primarily my output valves since the dust got everywhere! My Px4 has actually stopped working due to it getting in the loading nozzle and mags so I have A LOT to clean up lols. T_T joy for me, but overally I need to do a lot of cleaning on my stuff and seriously need that valve key for the output valve.

3. My rig actually worked very well. I got an mask pouch for my gas (can hold two KA green gas containers for on the go use) and that was nice, loading 15 at a time was a bit annoying and my mods to keep the tubes together did fail, but luckily I didnt loose anything. MY ammo pouch I put a lot of stuff in and saddly had issues with it closing, but it held up for the most part. Was just a bit of a headache to open and close it due to the amoutn of stuff in it. Might take a few things out or something will figure it out later.

4. My KJ M4 functioned excellently! Even with dirt in it it ran unlike my Px4 :P haha, but I am now again confident my gun will last! Going to check the "damage" and see how things look. For sure going to replace that bucking.

5. I think I may need a new sling or just need to extend it.

Aside from getting a thumbs up from a 4 year old Indian kid on the ride home, today was pretty good, even with my gear being super dirty with dust and stuff. Also anyone know a way I can full take apart a Marui Px4? I want to clean everything out but cant figure how to take out the loading nozzle and slide catch.

On a side note I have seen females play at fields before, but the one there was geared just like the guys and to top it all off had a big chest although she wasnt 100% fit, but then again she wasnt fat haha :P too bad she had a really similar face to an old friend of mine who was an *albatross* to me. Hope to god my girl doesnt find this post or else I will be in the doghouse haha.

Yes, it needed a small rectangular slot cut in the end of the barrel. I have a picture I'll put up when u get the chance. Was very easy to do.

Indeed different gas would also increase recoil but again would lead to reduced reliability. Also the increased fps may not be desirable.

Since this rifle is a project I'm going to try things like short stroking the bolt to increase rate of fire and ways to further increase recoil.

Just a reminder to everyone, if you want to sell your guns or kit then you must post them for sale in the proper classifieds section and not in this thread, I have removed a number of posts attempting to sell, warns will be issued for any attempts to sell and anyone who has already attempted it and tries again will face a suspension or be banned as per the forum rules.

In order to access to the sales sections of the forums, 100 posts is required. At this point your member status should change from 'Member' to 'Regular Poster'. If your post count reads 100 posts or higher and you do not have access, try to post in a section of the site where your post count increases - please remember that not all areas of the site (such as off-topic) contribute towards your 'official' post count.

Selling via forum status updates, general 'please buy' adverts in the non-sale sections of the forum or attempting to sell via pm are considered intentional evasion of the 100 post rule and most likely will result in a warning / and or suspension from the forum. Repeat offenders will be banned.

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/386-general-rules-and-guidelines/

Anyone fitted a RS Ambi Selector? Read on another forum that a guy fitted a Stag Arms one.

That will good news if RS Ambi Fire Selector fits our gbbr. Please advise if anyone have RS AR15 and KJW M4 GBBR and appreciate if you can take pictures and measurement comparison.

I tried to compare Ambi Fire Selector for WA system and it will not fit. I thought I can modify it to fit KJW M4 Gbbr, but it will require a lot of work because the design and diameter is far different.

May last option is to do a cheap mod. Get AEG fire selector and screw it to the other side of KJW fire selector. It will be very easy, just dremel it.

But I hope RS Ambi will fit or at least close to the design of KJ fire selector so I can modify easily.

Has anybody been able to get in touch with KJW for parts? I need some specific things but I havent gotten a reply in the past 6 months.

I had the same problem until I took a second look at their email. I just copied the email off the back of my manual and got a reply that night.

This is the email I used: kjworks@ms47.hinet.net

KJW lost their english speaking sales staff a few months back it seems. They have hired new people as of last week I believe. Directing mail towards the email swishy pointed out will make sure you mail makes it to the general inbox and then to the new sales staff. Using the emails with the old sales staff names in the address will get you a whole lotta nothing.

I'm getting tiered of this...

img0763ts.jpg

the bolt has 3k rounds, and the gun has a magic pin, so there is not wobble or receiver gap. The first thudsand was shot using mags that have the thin "new" style silver tabs.... i epoxy'ed all of them to the thicker old version mag, like CJ said, for the next 2k rounds.. but the damage is huge as you can see, my first V2 bolt also gave up at around 3k, and my bolt catch still has literally no wear.

Im i unlucky? i got bad bolts? or is something else wrong thats causing this?

Please T hum, need that BCG ASAP :)

Hi Landa,

The epoxy mod will not prevent that problem but will delay the wear. It makes the contact between the bolt catch and the bolt in maximum efficient contact, thus making its life longer.

But I think the contact point in the V2 bolt will give in eventually, because of its bad design in that contact point. Same bad design like in WA system. Only if the V2 bolt is made up of hardened steel... maybe it would have made a big difference.

Looking at the picture you posted, I think you need to add more expoxy, it needs more height higher than the old tab. The wear in your bolt contact is too low, therefore your tab wasnt pushing the bolt stop to its maximum.

Thanks CJ for the reply..

the thing is, 90% of the wear you see, happened in the first 1k rounds of the life of the bolt, before i modded all my mags with epoxy.

Now, all my mags have enough epoxy to push the bolt catch slightly higher than the normal "old" style. i did them as thick as possible before the bolt catch wouldn begin to hit the bolt when firing with BBs. Also, i filed the tubular stick that runs from the follower to the back of the mag a bit too, to get more angle out of the silver tabs... so the tabs are pretty much "maxed out."

But, like you said, this only delays the wear, this v2 is flawed. even with the epoxy, I'm seeing wear in 2k rounds.

Also, side note, i did this to my old bolt (that had all the bolt catch worn out)... had nothing to loose pretty much, had salvaged the nozzle and a return spring, so it was useless... its steel epoxy, do you think it will hold? considering it so easy to file epoxy, compared to "real" metal, i doubt it will.

img0764et.jpg

Lastly, i don't know if the cradle bolt in "V1" style will help me, because doesn't the V1's bolt catch have two contact points? i have the V2 bolt catch, with the shaved part for the nozzle.... or I'm confused? i haven't seen a V1 in person or locked back, but i guessed that extra part the v1 has is a second contact point... or it doesn't work like that? i took this form someone in this thread btw.

20j39cx.jpg

Edited by Landa

Hey everyone, if I was selling a tool that allowed you to take the output valve on and off of almost every gas magazine, was cheaper then what the tool sells for and that the tool itself would bend to avoid over tightening, but could be bent back easily would you buy one? I am thinking about doing this but need some input.

Hi all, I've been enjoying the delights of the KJW M4 for some time now and picked up a second one so I could have swappable uppers or just 2 Rifles to choose from!

I am however having a bit of a problem.

The 2nd KJW/TK M4 I picked up was 2nd hand (so was the first but it was practically unused!). It is functional however I've notice that the lover receiver has split around where the Recoil spring retention piece is, meaning the spring buffer sits a few mm forward.

Now I have read through the entire thread, some time ago, and recall that it was a problem which I believe was caused by the older style BCG's (T-hum made some sort of extension piece i recall to solve this).

However, I've been comparing the BCG on my Newest KJW M4 (its a V1) with the BCG from the 2nd hand M4 and the 2 look identical although there is a slight difference (0.25mm) in the thickness of the cylinder at the end of the BCG!? other than that I cant see a difference.

-My question is this: What has caused the split to appear? (see pics) is it something that can just happen over time?

-Is it more of a fault with the lower receiver or the BCG?

-If I cross the bolts over will it split the lower of my newest gun also?

Im planning on ordering a new lower from KJW, have there been any significant changes/improvements made to the lowers which would prevent me from swapping the internals over into a new lower? (not that I have a clue how to achieve this! :D )

Other than that, my TK M4 is kicking out around 330 fps with the cradle airsoft bits. nice range, aroud 45-50 meters depending on how it feels.

Next steps will be to do the TDC mod, which I will be doing at teh end of the month when I will have access to a workshop and a skilled craftsman! which I'm very excited about. Just need to find appropriate Screw/grub screw and tapping equipment.

then Im going to attempt to put an R-hop into the M4 and see how/if it improves the gun! will keep you informed.

Pics of the damage:

IMG_0077.jpg

BCG:

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0001-2.jpg

The change to stop that wasn't the bolt it was the retainer had the catch on the top of it cut back to allow the bolt to take the load from the buffer spring rather than it catching on the retainer. Hard to see from the pics on my phone but looks like the retainer is fitted back to front? The hump bit on the top that holds the buffer is cut back on the newer retainers check your other rifle ( only 1mm or so. But that looks like the bump is cut back from the front of the retainer.