• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I doubt it. Probably a stock V2 bolt with the velocity reducer or something in it. If not they probably just got it wrong. Although it the bolt was designed by RA-Tech I can see why its failing so much...

I still think it was a really bad call for KJW to change the bolt and magazine contents. At least cradle will have a nice bolt up soon. Even if the bolt was 80usd I would buy one if I got a V2 KJW M4 (I am not trying to jinx everyone haha)

Edited by Theme57

Okay so after several days of delay I managed to finish the mods for my KJW

TDC Mod

IMG-20120824-00547.jpg

Looking good, but haent test it yet in the field. Took me days to find someone willing to do it, as I dont have the required tools. Hope its worth it, Thanks to weekeny for the help on the tutorial :D Very much appreciated.

Magpul ASAP

IMG-20120824-00546.jpg

Saw the tutorial on here the other day (sorry I forgot who posted it but thank you so much!) Turns out finding a washer ring is very hard in my country, still didnt get one, so I swaped it with a teflon ring painted black. Took it from my couch's legs and cut it, so far looking good although its far thicker than a washer ring, I still would like to find a washer ring though.

Looks good happy I could help.

Should work well. I use some PTFE thread tape on mine to make sure it doesn't work loose. Prevously I used a small amout of locktite but the tape works just as well and no risk of using too much and seizing the screw. I've also now got proper grub screw rather than a cut down one. The grub screws are described as "dog point" this means that the last few mm are not threaded (slightly narrowed dia). There ideal if you can source them.

Should work well. I use some PTFE thread tape on mine to make sure it doesn't work loose. Prevously I used a small amout of locktite but the tape works just as well and no risk of using too much and seizing the screw. I've also now got proper grub screw rather than a cut down one. The grub screws are described as "dog point" this means that the last few mm are not threaded (slightly narrowed dia). There ideal if you can source them.

Ah I think I have that tape lying around somewhere. How many layers did you wrap it around the screw?

sorry bud I don't need any more mags, but I'm sure some people here would be interested, post a WTS add and I'm sure they'll be gone before you know it!

EDIT: just noticed you are low on teh post count.... I'll try to help if I can...

Edited by frogfish

Um 2 or 3 just go by feel as it will depend on the tollerance between the screw and the cut in thread.

Got it thanks, will post the results after I test the TDC mod and the tape. Currently seeking for the grub screws you mention as it might be safer to use it with the tape. Mine is still the cut down one, wouldnt want to break it if I wrap around with the tape too much. Anybody know where I can get the washer ring mentioned in the Magpul ASAP videos? Try to go to a car parts store but couldnt find it, motorcycle as well.

Has anyone looked into shaving down the lower ridges on the magazine body? I'm looking to use shorty KYWI pouches for mine but I both am not sure if they'll fit with the thermold ridges and I hate how they look. On first inspection the mag body doesn't seem to need them to maintain its integrity.

Okay so after several days of delay I managed to finish the mods for my KJW

Magpul ASAP

IMG-20120824-00546.jpg

Saw the tutorial on here the other day (sorry I forgot who posted it but thank you so much!) Turns out finding a washer ring is very hard in my country, still didnt get one, so I swaped it with a teflon ring painted black. Took it from my couch's legs and cut it, so far looking good although its far thicker than a washer ring, I still would like to find a washer ring though.

Glad my tutorial helped you =) Nice work on the teflon ring. Even here in my area, that washer is hard to find, I just found mine lying around the house. For those who cannot find a washer, they can just sand down the inner buffer tube, 1mm is good enough ;).

Glad my tutorial helped you =) Nice work on the teflon ring. Even here in my area, that washer is hard to find, I just found mine lying around the house. For those who cannot find a washer, they can just sand down the inner buffer tube, 1mm is good enough ;).

Thumbs up for you Cj, I didnt think about sanding it down, might try it later on :D

• Like 1

Hello friends, I'm thinking in buying a UBR stock for my rifle and I don't know if it fits the buffer tube of the KJW....Anyone knows if it's possible?...I know there's two types of it, AEG and GBBR but, the GBBR i've found, always are for WA...and that's my point of doubt...any help would be really appreciated!...thanks!

@ Shabby. the inner barrel is modified AEG Prometheus 6.03mm diameter/ 510mm lenght barrel. I am yet to test it hehehe, There are many things to consider to make this a performer sniper rifle... from the quality of inner barrel mod to increasing the power source to compensate the lenght of the barrel. It can be done by either using more powerful gas or stronger hammer spring. Hope this performs well, if all efforts are exhuasted and does not perform the way I want it, this project will be scratched. Let's see. =)