• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Ok some folks don't know, just trying to help.

I think it'd be hard to get sub 1j on that barrel, had a job on my mates std M4 lenght tight bore and here in Scotland we are lucky to get 25 too.

You could run lower pressure gas, ie ultra or duster? Some guys on here do.

Sorry if I came off as an abrasive *rickroll* :P I appreciate all the great info you've been giving me. And yeah, I guess I was being a tad too hopefull. I could run duster I suppose, but the gas efficiency will go down from what I've heard, as well as overall performance :/ I suppose I could try running some sort of mixture. Eh, regardless, I should just get the damn thing and tinker around till I come up with a solution.

Cheers.

No probs.

If I were you I'd try it with the cradle valve shimmed as far closed as you can reasonably go, see what fps you get then trim back the inner barrel to get the desired fps, will be a compromise but probably the best one going.

Mixing the gasses would be a problem when it comes to topping up mags between games. Your fps would be all over the place depending on the mix.

• Like 1

A couple of thoughts for you AG:

1. I haven't seen a dramatic increase in accuracy on barrels in excess of the standard 363mm M4 carbine length. You might consider going with a barrel that doesnt quite reach out to the end of your outer barrel. 363 might be a tad short in your case but a 410ish might be an acceptable compromise. Going from a stock 363 to a tightbore 363 yields about 30 FPS gain. The actual accuracy effects of a tightbore are hotly debated by groups of players. Might a slightly looser barrel in a longer length get you the accuracy results you want without the FPS bump? IE, http://orga-airsoft.com/products-page/magnus-barrel/magnus-6-23mm-widebore-barrel-aeg/ (these arent compatible with the KJW but they may have something that is.)

2. Might also consider some porting along the barrel as you get further towards the end so that whatever positive gas pressure does exist is vented rather than continues to accelerate your BB.

Edited by t_hum
  • Like 1

1. I haven't seen a dramatic increase in accuracy on barrels in excess of the standard 363mm M4 carbine length. You might consider going with a barrel that doesnt quite reach out to the end of your outer barrel. 363 might be a tad short in your case but a 410ish might be an acceptable compromise. Going from a stock 363 to a tightbore 363 yields about 30 FPS gain. The actual accuracy effects of a tightbore are hotly debated by groups of players. Might a slightly looser barrel in a longer length get you the accuracy results you want without the FPS bump? IE, http://orga-airsoft.com/products-page/magnus-barrel/magnus-6-23mm-widebore-barrel-aeg/ (these arent compatible with the KJW but they may have something that is.)

2. Might also consider some porting along the barrel as you get further towards the end so that whatever positive gas pressure does exist is vented rather than continues to accelerate your BB.

Hmm, very interesting stuff. I do have some old clone AEG barrels that I can modify and chop-up how I please. Think I'll do some FPS and Range/Consistency comparisons between the stock barrel with reducer and whatever I can put together with those AEG barrels. Now just to find a chrono...

Adding to point no.2, ported barrel indeed reduces FPS. I changed my cqbr barrel to 363mm 6.01 ported. Supposedly fps should go up if not ported. But I get readings in the 400 and below range with it. So it really affect the increase in FPS. However I tend to get great accuracy on the 6.03 non ported (12-15 meters, 10 out of 10 shots consistently, target as big as a human head), though the FPS increases to 450 now with it. I guess making the barrel shorter than 363mm could help reduce the FPS but with higher accuracy. Im using 0.28g BB btw.

Finally got my Hephaestus Type 2 Charging Handle:

The packaging

DSC03807.jpg

All Steel including the latch. (magnet test)

DSC03810.jpg

Installed:

DSC03811.jpg

What I noticed so far:

1. It fits just right in my old upper reciever, but its very tight in my other new upper reciever.

I haven't done any further testing yet, hehhee

Edited by Cj Radge

Thanks for the update Cj and keep us posted.

For newer KJWs, you're going to need to do a mod to the upper receiver. I will try to document the mod when my friend and I address the problem this week. CJ might be around while we are doing this. Otherwise, I'll pass my findings over to him.

Likewise Thum, cant wait to see how it performs! Great news.

The Cradle Reducer will go sub 1J no problem.

A BCG Update:

The carriers are done being machined. I finished them up on Saturday so they go to anodize this week. Originally I didnt want to ship anything until all the new fancy packaging was in place but if we cant get everything 100% by mid November with the finer points of the packaging Ill probably start accepting orders anyways.

Sorry for the delay in any case. Please try to remember that Cradle is owned by an engineering/industrial design firm that we have to keep running on the day to day to keep my and my partner's families afloat. Sometimes our main line of work takes priority by necessity. It is our full intention to have Cradle standing entirely on its own here very shortly so these projects move much more quickly.

This is my initial test of my Scopecam.

Target distance: 92 feet (measured via google earth) no farther target available.

Target size: Apple size

Zoomed at: 42x

Weapon: KJW TK GBB SPR (SR25 front assembly)

Scope: Leupold Mark 4 M1

HD Camcorder: Sony HDR-CX160 (30x Optical Zoom, 42x extended zoom, 350x digital zoom)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN6ytgp-l7I[/url]

Can anyone tell me what size are the screws in the flash hider and the buffer tube that covers the brass/gold inner tube? I can't get those two bad motherfingers removed with any of my hex keys. It would be a real pain if I had to drill these bastards to remove'em :/.

On the other hand what screw size would you guys recommend to do the tdm mod. Finally found secon-handed V1 M4 and was so excited about it I bought it, even thou the hop up was ###### (my last two KJW/TK hop was working as a charm).

Anymore feedback on the Hephaestus charging handles guys?

I'm about finished with my custom portable target stands for my side yard shooting range, so I'm gonna start shooting drills soon. Was curious if they were a good option in case I have any problems with mine...

Thanks!

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

Hi Hut,

We've been running the charging handles for a few weeks now. We've not noticed any problems with them aside from installation. On newer upper receivers, we've had to modify the receivers to allow smoother function. For older receivers, it was as simple as dropping the charging handle in.

From what we've seen, these handles are a bit heavier and feel far more solid and superior to the OEM handles.

With that said, we would recommend trying them out as well, however we feel like we need more time to really put them to the test.

I am also waiting for the cradle v1 bolts to become available for use.

Anymore feedback on the Hephaestus charging handles guys?

I'm about finished with my custom portable target stands for my side yard shooting range, so I'm gonna start shooting drills soon. Was curious if they were a good option in case I have any problems with mine...

Thanks!

Hi Hut,

We've been running the charging handles for a few weeks now. We've not noticed any problems with them aside from installation. On newer upper receivers, we've had to modify the receivers to allow smoother function. For older receivers, it was as simple as dropping the charging handle in.

From what we've seen, these handles are a bit heavier and feel far more solid and superior to the OEM handles.

With that said, we would recommend trying them out as well, however we feel like we need more time to really put them to the test.

I am also waiting for the cradle v1 bolts to become available for use.

Thanks for the feedback Freon. I have already gone ahead and ordered both models from WGC. I assume they'll be here in a week or so.

I've got 2 older uppers, so it sounds like fit/functionality shouldn't be an issue for me.

I have a couple teammates who are waiting on the Cradle bolts as well...

I have a Madbull Mk 18 RIS clone on my KJ, the nut didn't twist past the half mark for some reason too; even though the are both supposed to be AEG threading...

Anyways, I bought i think the last remaining G&P DD nut anywhere and it screwed in perfectly.. here is the en result...

My KJ has changed quite a bit since too, got a troy BUS set, XTM hand stop, VTAC QD mount, CTR stock, TG pistol grip, T1 micro, MS2, VTAC gas block, etc..

Also, I removed the sleeve on the outer barrel, technically making it as thin as a "lightweight" RS barrel.. looks aggressive too with the phantom FH.

img1166kv.jpg

img1177bs.jpg

Edited by Landa

I have a Madbull Mk 18 RIS clone on my KJ, the nut didn't twist past the half mark for some reason too; even though the are both supposed to be AEG threading...

Anyways, I bought i think the last remaining G&P DD nut anywhere and it screwed in perfectly.. here is the en result...

My KJ has changed quite a bit since too, got a troy BUS set, XTM hand stop, VTAC QD mount, CTR stock, TG pistol grip, T1 micro, MS2, VTAC gas block, etc..

Also, I removed the sleeve on the outer barrel, technically making it as thin as a "lightweight" RS barrel.. looks aggressive too with the phantom FH.

What Outer barrel is that? Is it standard? If yes does that mean yours is the M4A1 models then? Im looking for ways to lighten my barrel as I feel its very heavy on the front part, not to mention the RAS and such.

Edited by delarosa

Its mixed with CQB-R parts.. but yea, thats the M4A1 14.5 barrel... what i did is i removed part B4. Its made of steel as opposed to the rest of the barrel that seems to be aluminum, and it being so far forward, once removed, it does lighten it.

http://www.ar15barrels.com/profiles.shtml

Being so thin, basically the barrel becomes a "lightweight". You might think it looks bad as the first half would be government profile and then it becomes super thin, but the transition is hidden by the gas block... it looks pretty good.. and aggressive :)