I think Pmags may be a big stretch due to licensing issues, but STANAGs would be nice ONLY if they were as durable as the current KJW mags. I'm willing to sacrifice strange looking mags for the reliability and durability I get out of these mags.

I would lik ereplacement CNC'd charging handles (and maybe guide rod assemblies)

Maybe a hopup re-design that was drop in (the TDC is nice, but it requires sending our rifles to you.... kinda a hassle)

also a stock joint redesign that isn't likely to twist a few MM.

One thing I'm constantly loosing are the retaining pins and springs for the body pins, some replacements of those would be great too.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Hey T_Hum as for a few suggestions why not look at some of what the RS guys are doing with their AR15's. Here is my suggestion list.

1. Shorter mags. Not too hard, just a shorter middle space.

2. A cover for the bottom of the mags that protect the fill valve. I had to replace new fill valves after an op due to specs of dust getting in the fill valve rendering the mag useless. I assume rubber that has a cap to allow refills mid game without getting dirt in there.

3. Larger mag. I know its quite a big suggestion, but I am sure some of us would like to have a bigger mag capacity that looks like a drum or at least a longer mag. It could then allow the M4 to be more of a support rifle due to the higher capacity. I could see this my using the top of the mag with a lower drum like part you just screw on as if you are putting the mag together.

4. Co2... people ask this often, but its an interesting thought. Personally I would love to use CO2 if you just had to unscrew a cap and so on to replace the Co2. This works for the player as well since you would only need a smaller pouch to carry the CO2 and a condor shotgun shell pouch would do the trick. Sure reliability would suffer a bit, but again just a thought. You could just use the lower 2 portions of the mag as what you would modify and then do something with the output valve.

5. How about a QD barrel outer barrel or delta ring? I remember Landa saying he was going to use 2 different bolts for where he was playing and realize its quite annoying to have to change the hop up from field to field AND inner barrels as well. It would also help accuracy as well. Either a QD barrel with delta right, or just a delta right that allows QD barrel changes.

6. Different triggers. More of a cosmetic, but given that RS AR's have a ton of different triggers then why not? I have noticed my KJW trigger is really light and allowing a person to have a tougher or even softer trigger might be good for realism. I assume this is possible by altering a spring that pushes the trigger or the hammer spring to make it so the trigger pull is greater.

7. Fill Valves. I understand there are a lot on the market for replacements, but seriously a fill valve that is high quality and lasts would be great for people who like only to buy american.

8. Modded upper receiver allowing the charging handle from the front.

9. Ambi lower. I have seen RS AR15's that have ambi everything in the lower, both bolt catch, selector and mag release.

10. Milspec sized parts. I understand you did this for Raven1 so why not have it as an option for the rest of us? I am sure a few would like a more realistic sized KJW M4 for realism.

11. As the longest shot I will say today. Make a gbbr of your own that uses the KJW M4 bolt or at least offer it. I love the AK and VZ58 platform (not a clone of AK, look it up) and would love to have the reliability from the KJW M4 into another platform. I understand mags would be an issue, but as far as the VZ58 goes, they just released a 556 model that takes AR magazines. Doesnt have to be any of the two, but mainly saying why not offer your own GBBR, allow the option for people who want a different plaform with the same feel OR where you modify AEG's to take the trigger group, bolt and magazine?

Didn't thum show some pics of a prototype pmag where he was able to just use standard pmag shells?

Its not the ugly magazines that i hate. They are the most durable gas mags i've seen on the market, still have my original 7 mags for 2+ years with no issues. I hate the compatability with pouches =(

Edited by alex chang
Didn't thum show some pics of a prototype pmag where he was able to just use standard pmag shells?

Its not the ugly magazines that i hate. They are the most durable gas mags i've seen on the market, still have my original 7 mags for 2+ years with no issues. I hate the compatability with pouches =(

WHy not try the universal mag pouches from FLYYE. I use the open top ones and they fit my mags perfectly. Like a glove when on my vest :)

Lots of good input guys.  Thank you.  Ill respond in more detail to your individual points when Im not tending a cnc machine at the same time. 

One quick question though:

How many mags do you guys own?  If we had an option to convert your mags to STANAGs would that be of interest?  Or would you rather buy full up magazines?  Obviously cost would be lower on a conversion. For now lets assume both were GG/Propane mags just like the current KJW ones.  We can talk co2 another day as its a much more complicated project.

HSGI Taco's are the ONLY way to go for these KJW mags!  Just loaded up 3 X2R's on my FAPC, and they are the SHIZ!

Just to respond to Theme's post about more RS sized parts, in the wake of the events of this past Friday(sorry to all those of you outside the CONUS if you don't know what I'm speaking about), it's important to remember that unless T's business plan includes failing and going out of business, keeping Uncle Sam and the B@TF's nose out of the workings is paramount to his success.  I for one, am willing to forgo more stuff showing up at my door that's going to peak the interest if certain prying eyes, for the sake of realism...

Lots of good input guys.  Thank you.  Ill respond in more detail to your individual points when Im not tending a cnc machine at the same time. 

One quick question though:

How many mags do you guys own?  If we had an option to convert your mags to STANAGs would that be of interest?  Or would you rather buy full up magazines?  Obviously cost would be lower on a conversion. For now lets assume both were GG/Propane mags just like the current KJW ones.  We can talk co2 another day as its a much more complicated project.

Usually about 10, give or take who has borrowed and not returned yet :-)

I play with as little as four some times (especially during greenside games) but I own 7, would probably own more if I played more (job keeps me very far away from home). I would be happy to go either route, I think a conversion would be the most economical.

I do agree, some pouches don't like the KJW mags, especially Kydex ones, but I really haven't had any issues on any other pouches, I use LBT, Crye, Paraclete, and BFG generic 5.56 mag pouches, but getting two pouches in a double 5.56 is tough.

Edited by frogfish

I have 8 mags, only ever had a problem with 1 of them, which was solved quickly.

Even though the mags are super reliable I would still like stanag mags. It's purely a cosmetic thing.

I know Law airsoft in France made stanag mags for the KJW, but have not found any reports on them.

C02 would be nice.

I think replacement barrels would be good. A few options/lengths. I know that you can mod AEG barrels but some nicely machined precision outers would be excellent.

Precision/ wide bore inner barrels (which ever is currently in trend) for the KJW would be nice, an option for a wider hop up window would be good for Rhop etc.

+1 on drop in upgraded hop units, I ve managed to get TDC mods done but both my KJW's are old and I've been thinking about getting a Cqbr.

Edited by Number5

I understand Hut73 and what he is saying, but it was just a suggestion.

I run 4 mags, but own 6. I havnt seen a need for anymore then 4 so a conversion would be possible for me.

I suggested Co2 because I currently have a gas mask pouch with green gas which is quite bulky and I dont need very comfortable with that near my lower back. CO2 would allow me to have a smaller pouch of spare gas which would be more convenient for me.

7 mags personally. Conversion would be nice =).

On another note, i've had my KJW for 2 years and used exclusively for first year. I now switch out with aeg's depending on scenario. Since the LM4 has come out i've seen a lot more interest among my friends about purchasing a GBBR. Two of my friends opted getting a LM4 just because they couldn't find a KJW m4s anywhere stateside. Every thing i read online and all the people i talk to understand KJW is reliable and it is a proven platform. I think more people would run them if they were readily available.

There was also a rumor that KJW's are now on the ATF list and no longer being sold in the US, which i don't remember where i read it but i don't believe it. Can anyone chime in?

Appreciate the feedback gents.

A drop in hop-up fix would be great, especially for those outside of the USA who can't send them to us for mods or don't have access to the tools to do it themselves.  Ill have to sit down and think about this some more. Certainly this is a challenging part to come up with.  The geometry isnt machining friendly and the space requirements are very tight.  But lots of things are possible.

We had a meeting around here today to discuss magazines.  I think we'd like to offer a STANAG conversion for existing KJW magazines. I don't think licensing is in the cards for doing PMAGS.  We touched base with a Magpul insider last year about a project and the basic message we got back was that they weren't interested in licensing the designs to anyone but whoever it was they were already working with.  We left it at that.  We are smack dab in the middle of pretty big jobs for outside clients so if we pursue a STANAG conversion it would have to progress very quickly to make it both feasible and economical.

Frankly the KJW magazines are a brilliant design by Mr. Koba and I don't see a lot of reason to re-invent the wheel so to speak.  Mechanically they are superb.  They could use a little cosmetic tweaking.  Our thought is we can machine the whole lower reservoir from billet, do an appropriate coating and send them out ready to assemble from the existing KJW parts you already have in your magazines.  It means less parts for us to handle and so less cost for everyone.

Also, I've been inquiring into carrying complete magazines but we will see what KJW can offer us price wise.  Also, supply seems to be short almost everywhere so I suspect some sort of supply issue in general.  Ill keep people posted with what I hear back as I know people are looking for mags of any sort but are having a tough time finding them.

• Like 1

Frankly even if you do a small run I'm down for STANAG conversions. I was also thinking about it and I think your idea is pretty much what I had come up with.

Pretty much duplicate the mag, but make the sides STANAG dimensions.

Edited by frogfish

I run like 7-8 mags (one is a constant troublemaker :/) and if there was a stanag conversion I would think about taking one. And if you could increase the mag cap (to at least 60bbs) that would be awesome!

Other thing that crossed my mind are spare lowers (with or without trades depending on the cost). The KJW lower is... well not the best quality. Same goes for charging handle-not the worse, but still quite fragile.

This is a little out of left field, I don't know if this has been discussed before on any airsoft forum, possibly has but Ive never seen it mooted:

Would it be possible to make an all in one inner and outer barrel?

What, if any, are the reasons for there being a separate inner? Materials?

It is potentially a machining nightmare with the tolerances required, perhaps this is the reason we have seperate barrels?

Would it make for a much more solid hop unit also being interested into the outer?

Just thinking about it I would guess that the hopup and machine tolerances would be the 2 big obstacles, but is it at all possible? Would it offer any significant advantages over the 2 barrel design? Possibly a conversation needing a topic in its own right...

Apologies if this is a stupid question!