The band pulls the nozzle free of the hop when the bolt goes back. If you fire the gun without the band it will not chamber bb's each time as the nozzle will not go back properly without the pull of the band.

Once installed you'd never know the bolt has the band it doesn't detract from the realistic function of the rifle and the whole v1 setup is far better than the v2.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

The band pulls the nozzle free of the hop when the bolt goes back. If you fire the gun without the band it will not chamber bb's each time as the nozzle will not go back properly without the pull of the band.

Once installed you'd never know the bolt has the band it doesn't detract from the realistic function of the rifle and the whole v1 setup is far better than the v2.

Ah okay. Gotcha. I just figured that the V2 didn't have it as they took out the band so was curious. I'm sure I will find that out as I read through the threads. From all the reading I've done; it sounded like the band was 50/50 and some people had an issue or not.

As for function and feel; good to know that isn't hampered. 

I will read through as I am pretty sure my question is answered somewhere :)

The v1 against v2 bolt is a complete revision not just removal of the band. The v1 is much like any other GBB where the nozzle is part of the piston cup and the piston is attached to the slide or in this case the bolt carrier. Where as the v2 is like the WA GBBR design and the nozzle is part of the piston and the bolt carrier forms the piston cup.

Shroker, if you've disassembled a GBB pistol and taken apart the loading nozzle, you will encounter a long spring that retracts the nozzle back into the piston cup. The rubber band serves the same function, pulls the loading nozzle back when the bolt travels rearward and alos prevents the nozzle from over extending the piston.

post-2882-0-70109800-1356964550_thumb.jpg

Yeah! I can't wait to run this in games. I think even in the cold weather it may do decently. Just need more green gas as it'l go through them a bit quicker.

I have the V1+ BCG from Cradle coming in soon. Figured since it is on sale and I'd get it as a standby (Or switch over and use my V2 as a backup) something like that. I couldn't help myself. It looked pretty hahaha. Has the piston and the VA.

Probably will keep hop-up and barrel stock for the time being until I run a game and see how it shoots. :) Until then; more running to close the engagement distance ha.

Yeah! I can't wait to run this in games. I think even in the cold weather it may do decently. Just need more green gas as it'l go through them a bit quicker.

I have the V1+ BCG from Cradle coming in soon. Figured since it is on sale and I'd get it as a standby (Or switch over and use my V2 as a backup) something like that. I couldn't help myself. It looked pretty hahaha. Has the piston and the VA.

Probably will keep hop-up and barrel stock for the time being until I run a game and see how it shoots. :) Until then; more running to close the engagement distance ha.

BTW, where did you see the Cradle's BCG on sale?

The KJW performs better than any GBBR out there in cold weather...  Now, Canada cold may be a different story...

http://www.CradleAirsoft.com

Still preforms pretty decent in the cold. I managed to get a full mag out at 350 FPS +/- 5-8 with .25s on the V2 bolt (stock internals). in 3C ambient temperature. Dunno about East side Canada cold though ha.

@Johnyew: Ya know what. I thought the same too. OOPS HAHAHAHA. But yes; That was my intended thought originally. I thought it was on discount sale myself hahaha. *Hopes shattered* lol.

Internals are nicely lubed and greased up. Minus the hop-up and barrel of course. Can't wait to do some range tests.

I come from a PB background playing mag-fed and limited ammo (I still play) and used to shoot airguns competively. This is my first gun for Airsoft. 

Never really liked the feel of AEG's and GBBR's had various issues. The TK M4 really does seem to be the starting step to properly designing a gas operated system.

I love the Thermold mags. Its like a pmag but not and its not like s a STANMAG haha.

I am looking forward to running some HSGI Tacos for these puppies.

Now to get an ASAP plate on....anyone know if they need anything changed/added? 

If I remmeber correctly there are two verisons of Magpls line of stuff and someone in the early parts of this thread needed to add an internal spacer so it won't wobble.

Still preforms pretty decent in the cold. I managed to get a full mag out at 350 FPS +/- 5-8 with .25s on the V2 bolt (stock internals). in 3C ambient temperature. Dunno about East side Canada cold though ha.

@Johnyew: Ya know what. I thought the same too. OOPS HAHAHAHA. But yes; That was my intended thought originally. I thought it was on discount sale myself hahaha. *Hopes shattered* lol.

Internals are nicely lubed and greased up. Minus the hop-up and barrel of course. Can't wait to do some range tests.

I come from a PB background playing mag-fed and limited ammo (I still play) and used to shoot airguns competively. This is my first gun for Airsoft. 

Never really liked the feel of AEG's and GBBR's had various issues. The TK M4 really does seem to be the starting step to properly designing a gas operated system.

I love the Thermold mags. Its like a pmag but not and its not like s a STANMAG haha.

I am looking forward to running some HSGI Tacos for these puppies.

Now to get an ASAP plate on....anyone know if they need anything changed/added? 

If I remmeber correctly there are two verisons of Magpls line of stuff and someone in the early parts of this thread needed to add an internal spacer so it won't wobble.

Yes for the ASAP plate you need to put spacer inside to fill the gap so it wont wobble. I used small electrical cable to wrap around the gap. And also you need a washer to fill the gap between the plate and the buffer tube, because the plate is thinner than stock ones.

Koba's solution only looks inelegant to a casual observer.  Once you actually go through the thing you can see how simple a solution he came up to make his design function reliably.  The man is a master and the airsoft world is going to miss him greatly.

Oh for sure. I know it is great in design just not that great of a rubber on KJ's part haha.

It was just confusing because the V2 does not use this and I wonder if this was done in part on KJ's side of things to reduce the need to constantly replace the rubber bands?.

Either way; I look forward to the V1+ from t_hum. Does the V1+ have the cradle extension built into it or will it not suffer from the similar problems?

Has anyone done any extensive testing since the release of the BCG?  Im curious to see how it is holding.  I cant imagine it will perform any less than stellar as our prototypes did.  i specifically want to hear about ROF consistency on full auto in a v2 gun, if someone could.

Hi guys!

I need some help.. I'm planing on getting my second KJW m4 and start fresh.. I'm also planing on getting some new stuff for it but I don't know if it will fit.. 

the parts that I plan to use are: 

1. http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=26141

2. http://www.airsoftpark.com/replica-mk18-modo-buttstock-black-p-9406.html (don't know if it will fit or will wobble a lot) << if someone has buttstock like this, please let me know :)

3. http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=870 (g&p or CA << which fits better?)

4. Inner barrels? I know that t_hum had some inner barrels a year ago, maybe even more because my friend bought one.. 

thanks in advance!

Part 1 and 2 will fit. Not sure bout the ready mag. Inner barrel you could get from thum or buuy ratech or edgi barrels. If the stock wobbles, get yourself some anti slip stickers and put it inside the stock, or on the stock tube. I'm doing it to my moe stock, and got rid of the wobble, will post pic later on to show you.

I have just received my V1+ BCG in the UK (Unfortunately after paying £28/$45 Import and handling fees). And I’m Impressed! Photos .

Bolt comparisons are of an Original V1 with Cradle piston + reducer /(against) Cradle V1+ Complete.

I’ve only fired 2x magazines (60rds) with the new bolt. Working well in cold England, the V1+ seems to sound different when fired and that’s not a bad thing!

Since the new bolt is lighter (-18g) than my other V1 the cycling time seems reduced, although I haven’t had the chance to confirm this.

Just to add, the packaging is nearly impressive as the bolt.

Well it feels sharper (happens in less time) yet it has a lighter kick due to the small mass of the bolt compared to the heavy v2.

Question to the cradle team...

Am I best off using the old revision(v1) of the bolt lock and buffer or the new style(v2) or is there no difference?

Its just because the rear of the v1+ BCg is flat and the v2 buffer has a raised circle to accommodate for the hole in the kjw bcg's. Whereas the v1 buffer is flat where it meets the bcg. It just seems to be the better choice.

Also the v2 bolt catch seems to be stronger so would this be the better choice? But I guess it all just depends on how you designed it to work.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

We tested the v1+ with as many configurations as we could. Everything was compatible.

The v2 bolt catch whe being shaped differently engages just fine. The v2 buffer will sit a hair further back in the buffer tube but functionally performs no different than the v1 buffer.