• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Hut,

I wanted to throw something your way, and allow other users to chime in in relation to your issue with FA and your V1+ (unless you fixed it).

I noticed that when I used my V1 or V2 charging handel assembly with my V1 bolt or my V1+ bolt I had no issues what so ever, everything functioned flawlessly. However; when I put my V1 charging handel on my V2 bolt it would not cycle properly. I think somewhere there is a slight tolerance variation between the two that was causing a touch more friction than normal. I have been going over the thing over and over with calipers trying to figure out where, but no luck yet. Could this be potentially part of the issue, could it be that your aftermarket (haphestus?) charging handel is just a touch different spec?

I will attempt to impart wisdom.

Full auto issues should first be addressed through the fire control group. There is a slender piece of metal in the FCG that holds the valve open until the hammer is cocked. This piece interacts with the valve knocker.

Over time, this slender piece of metal will cause the valve knocker to split on the thinnest area surrounding its pin by creating a camming action between it and the force of the magazine valve pressing on the valve knocker.

In essence, I would say the full auto issues can be traced to the valve knocker. Check to see if its either broken or loose.

As a precautionary measure, I would suggest removing the slender piece of metal referenced in an earlier paragraph, as it provides an irrelevant feature at the cost of severely reduced parts durability. That feature is the strength of the recoil. The recoil without that particular slender piece of metal isn't reduced too severely, but it is discernable. This is the only negative side effect of removing that slender piece of metal.

The result of removing the slender piece of metal, and if necessary repairing/replacing the valve knocker, is a dramatic increase of shot to shot consistency.

Edit: I realized I had failed to mention how exactly a broken valve knocker affects function on full auto.

I've never given much thought on their relationship, or the relationship between issues with full auto and any other part in the gun.

If I had to guess, I would say that the existence of the slender piece of metal messes with the timing of the FCG. It would release the hammer too early, which would cause it to ride forward along with the carrier.

Specific causality aside, I would say that this slender piece of metal, overall, causes most of the known problems with the function and performance of the GBBR.

Edited by Mental Medic
  • Like 1

Okay, can somebody pleas help me? We had a snow day and I was able to get my KJW M4 from the post office. It is wonderful, and o shot 1 mag throguh it. Very accurate, although I need to adjust my hop up. However, I also bought a PTS MOE Stock and Grip, and I hav some problems installing them. I was able to install the stock, however it was EXTREMELY hard to push down, even with a screwdriver. Is this normal? Also, how do you remove the standard M4 grip and put on the PTS? All the guides I see are for AEG's, which house a motor in the stock.

Edited by Paul202

Okay, while trying to install the PTS Grip the selector switch accidently fell out, and I think something broke. There is no tension on the selector, even with the spring installed. I can still pull the trigger on semi and have the piece of metal (sorry forgot the name) pop up, however on full-auto I can't pull the trigger. I also can't remove the pin in front of the magazine to fully separate the upper and lower reciever. Can somebody please help me?!?

EDIT: It looks like now full auto/semi work fine, however there is hardly any tension on the slector switch. It doesn't click like it did out of th box. I am also having trouble fitting the PTS MOE grip on. Has anybody else had that problem?

Edited by Paul202
Okay whilst rattling the gun around the below piece fell out. According to this diagram, it appears to be piece #44. How do I install it back into the gun?

1. Remove grip

2. Remove spring

3. Insert detent pin (the piece in your picture) with the pointed end facing into the gun

4. Replace spring

5. Replace grip.

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

Okay, the above pieces attaches to the spring and applies tension to the selector switch. I figured out all of the internal problems, and I shot a mag. The only problem I have now is attaching the PTS MOE Grip. I bought the official one, however instead of coming in a Magpul branded box it came in a plastic bag with a label stating "PTS MOE GRIP (Tokyo Mauri Type AEG). I didn't order an AEG grip, just a standard one. Are they both the same thing? And has anyone else had any trouble attaching it?

^ Edit: Sorry Hut, I didn't see your post. Thanks for helping though. I'm also sorry for the triple posts, I kind of panicked. This is really an awesome gun, easily the GBB or airsoft gun I've ever owned. Nice recoil, ROF, weight, and noise. Once I figure out how to attach the PTS MOE grip on I'll have to post some pictures.

Edited by Paul202

Okay, the above pieces attaches to the spring and applies tension to the selector switch. I figured out all of the internal problems, and I shot a mag. The only problem I have now is attaching the PTS MOE Grip. I bought the official one, however instead of coming in a Magpul branded box it came in a plastic bag with a label stating "PTS MOE GRIP (Tokyo Mauri Type AEG). I didn't order an AEG grip, just a standard one. Are they both the same thing? And has anyone else had any trouble attaching it?

^ Edit: Sorry Hut, I didn't see your post. Thanks for helping though. I'm also sorry for the triple posts, I kind of panicked. This is really an awesome gun, easily the GBB or airsoft gun I've ever owned. Nice recoil, ROF, weight, and noise. Once I figure out how to attach the PTS MOE grip on I'll have to post some pictures.

Anyways; where did you order it from?. Was it from an MAGPUL / PTS licensed company? 

^I think I got the AEG Version because the base plate is help on by screws and there are multiple holes at the top. I bought it from UNComany, there's a link down below. I'm guessing that it is not compatible and I will have to buy a GBB one? http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=23924

Try eBay, closer to you and much cheaper. (most of the time free ship for less than $20) Not to mention it may also be Magpul USA (RS) instead of PTS.

Again, make sure you are buying the correct one... :rolleyes:

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

I'm feeling pretty stupid. So far this gun is awesome. The only thing that could be considered bad is the noise, my are are ringing after shooting it indoors. Also I need some advice. I have $300 to spend on the gun. Should I buy the V1+ bolt and some mags? At $160 I want to know if the V1+ bolt is really worth it. If I didn't buy it I could buy all he needed accessories for the gun, which are the CORRECT grip, EOTech, Rear BUS and some mags.

Edited by Paul202

Yeah; the KJ M4 are LOUD. hahaha.

If you have a V2 system; the V1+ isn't as much as a priority. Unless you need to crank down the speed. Could get a VA for the V2. The V2 shoots quite fine as far as I have seen but I have not fielded it yet. I broke my charging handle playing around with it too much.