• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Wow,, I'm really amazed at the gas efficiency in the cold. I just shot two mags throguh it, ~25 round in each mag. The bolt cycled quickly, and it locked back after the last round. I was also able to fire it rapidly in semi-auto, and this was all in 20 degree weather. (Fahrenheit.) I'm sure it could've fired 30 rounds, however I only loaded 25, expecting it wouldn't fire all.

Hey guys
I must say - I work for one of the big airsoft companies, some of your rifles have the logo on it ;) And when i saw we had it in stock, I did a little reading as to the build and quality. First i fell over this thread on arnies and then on gasguns, did alot of reading and even asked one of the tech guys about it and all i've gotten out of it has been positive. 

I've played airsoft for about 8 years - last 5-6 has been with PTWs. All the times I've seen GBBR out on the field they have always failed, thats why when reading about the KJW I was both impressed and very much needy to get one. So i did :)

I got a stock KJW V2 and right now it just waiting to pimped up. Have ordered a bunch of stuff for it, so it's on its way(helps to work for an airsoft company).

I gotta give the people here, who have posted tests, options and guides/help to others a big thumbs up!. Really awesome to see people help the airsoft community grow and let everybody in on how to better their gear.

I will hopefully get the Cradle V1.5 BCG once I've saved up for it and have one of the tech guys help me out with the TDC.. after that, from what i can read should be all the internal upgrades needed. Looking forward to bringing it out when its ready.

Keep up the good work guys, awesome to read all the 271 pages.

Wulgh7ml.jpg

So I'm disassembling the barrel, and I find this. It must be a factory error, as I had never touched the barrel beforehand. A bit disappointing, however I am installing an SR-25 outer so I don't really care.

? What do you think is wrong with it?? Looking at the picture on my phone so apologies if its something obvious.

Wulgh7ml.jpg

So I'm disassembling the barrel, and I find this. It must be a factory error, as I had never touched the barrel beforehand. A bit disappointing, however I am installing an SR-25 outer so I don't really care.

There's nothing wrong with that barrel nor the hop up chamber.

Why do you think there's something wrong and why are you disappointed?

Hey guys I'm having a problem with my front retention pin. It has no tension at all and can come out with a hard shake of the gun. Did I lose a print or something?

Hi Paul,

you DO NOT need to completely remove the retaining pins out from the lower. Just push it out sufficiently to clear the upper.

Yeah, about the barrel I must have been thinking wrong. I think I thought some piece was broken off or something. Anyways I don't know what I was thinking, it's is fine.

^Yeah I learned this a little to late, in the het of the moment I forced the pin out and broke something.

However, I was able to install my SR-25 barrel and RIS and Voila! I ordered a scope for it and a MOE Grip, however I think it looks amazing.

Uu4So7El.jpg

Edited by Paul202

What pouches are you guys using for your mags? I'd like to double stack my mags, but putting them in double stack pouches is a huge pain in the *albatross*. I either can't get them out without using two hands or can't get them in without hitting them hard...

I plan on getting 2 more magazines a total of 8 for a big MILSIM in a few months and won't be to run my set up the way I usually do with 5 double mag pouches, 1 mag in each and 1 in the gun...

What pouches are you guys using for your mags? I'd like to double stack my mags, but putting them in double stack pouches is a huge pain in the *albatross*. I either can't get them out without using two hands or can't get them in without hitting them hard...

I plan on getting 2 more magazines a total of 8 for a big MILSIM in a few months and won't be to run my set up the way I usually do with 5 double mag pouches, 1 mag in each and 1 in the gun...

I'm running HSGI X2R TACOs on my Flyye FAPC, and they are perfect for the KJW Thermold style mags.

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

Is the Angry Gun recoil kit compatible with the KJW and if so, does it cause internal damage to the gun? I am considering buying it however I don't want my gun broken after a couple hundred rounds.

Also, does anyone have a cost estimate on the price of a new upper reciever along with all the upper reciever components from KJW. Reading through the thread it looks like you can buy plastic upper receivers directly from KJW.

Is the Angry Gun recoil kit compatible with the KJW and if so, does it cause internal damage to the gun? I am considering buying it however I don't want my gun broken after a couple hundred rounds.

Also, does anyone have a cost estimate on the price of a new upper reciever along with all the upper reciever components from KJW. Reading through the thread it looks like you can buy plastic upper receivers directly from KJW.

Have you googled the kit to see what it's compatible with? It looks like it's for WA system guns, so doubtful it's compatible...

Email kjw directly w/ a parts list, and they'll send you a quote...

Why do you want stronger recoil? My stock V2 generates about the same recoil as my AR does, and my V1+ generates even more.

Run the thing stock till it breaks then worry about upgrading it.

The KJW system is not compatible with any other system.

as for an email use the one on KJWUSA's website.

Edited by frogfish
  • Like 2

Why do you want stronger recoil? My stock V2 generates about the same recoil as my AR does, and my V1+ generates even more.

The KJW system is not compatible with any other system.

as for an email use the one on KJWUSA's website.

@ Paul202,

This... :stop: ever heard of "if it ain't broke, don't *fruitcage* with it"?

And stop drinking the Angry Gun Recoil Kit Kool-Aid. That *suitcase* isn't good for any gun unless you have a forged receiver and beefed up internals. :headbutt:

When are people going to learn... :no:

I agree strongly with this sentiment.  As is the gun should work just fine.  There are people who didn't do anything more than just gas and shoot and they were happy with what they had. 

I think you should play in a few games before you even think about upgrading.  Try to have fun with the gun as is before you "break it on purpose".  After the fun, gather a baseline of how well/poorly you think it performs then go from there.  Upgrade it based on your own experience with the gun.

Have anybody tried out the stanag mags from LAW airsoft?

Just wondering about performance.

How's cool down vs' KJW regular mag's

I don't think anyone has actually tried them, or there would be a write up on them somewhere in this thread.

Frankly, they're too expensive to take a chance on for us in the US without some proof of functionality...