I don't think anyone has actually tried them, or there would be a write up on them somewhere in this thread.

Frankly, they're too expensive to take a chance on for us in the US without some proof of functionality...

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

Would be nice running stanag's on the KJW but they are indeed to expensive to take a chance on

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Would be nice running stanag's on the KJW but they are indeed to expensive to take a chance on

Meh, I'm perfectly happy with the standard thermold style ones. After dealing w/ WA mags, and how leaky they can be, these mags are a dream!

Meh, I'm perfectly happy with the standard thermold style ones. After dealing w/ WA mags, and how leaky they can be, these mags are a dream!

I think the thermold style are great to but kind of a drag fitting them in various mag pouch types.

But again this platform are in my opinion far superior of the wa and we platform, I'm able to skirmish my KJW in whether as cold as -5celsius... I would newer be able to do that whit my old we and wa rifles.

I think the thermold style are great to but kind of a drag fitting them in various mag pouch types. But again this platform are in my opinion far superior of the wa and we platform, I'm able to skirmish my KJW in whether as cold as -5celsius... I would newer be able to do that whit my old we and wa rifles.

What are you running with V1 or V2?

Personally I think the Thermold mags are great. Unlike alot of other gas mags, they don't leak, and they have very little cool down, so little that I can use my V2 KJW in 20 degree weather. BTW t_hum, is there any ETA on the speed loaders/stalag magazine shells? When reading throguh this thread I know you were trying to produce mag shells, you didn't want to make Pmags be ause of copyright violations, however it seemed like you still planned on producing Stanags.

V1, 20 rounds in my mags and extreme conservative trigger finger;-)

Darn it - was hoping it would be a V2. I'm not entirely happy about mine being a V2, guess i'll just run it to the ground and then get the Cradle BCG, alot of good points about using it, before upgrading it. I just want it in tip top shape for MERCs 9, without failure. 

What pouches are you guys using for your mags? I'd like to double stack my mags, but putting them in double stack pouches is a huge pain in the *albatross*. I either can't get them out without using two hands or can't get them in without hitting them hard...

I plan on getting 2 more magazines a total of 8 for a big MILSIM in a few months and won't be to run my set up the way I usually do with 5 double mag pouches, 1 mag in each and 1 in the gun...

I have 3x ATS single shingle pouch acting as the back row and in the front i have 3x Eagle Industries Mag pouch FB (kydex shell "inserts").

The ATS is really tight around the mags, if i push them all the way down i have trouble getting them up again without using both hands. The EI FB pouch holds it pretty well and releases ok too when pulled. However i cant push the mags all the way down.  Both type pouches hold them really well although they arent seated all the way down. 

BTW t_hum, is there any ETA on the speed loaders/stalag magazine shells? When reading throguh this thread I know you were trying to produce mag shells, you didn't want to make Pmags be ause of copyright violations, however it seemed like you still planned on producing Stanags.

The speed loader adapters are finishing up at anodize today (that deep sexy red color the new reducers are so you cant lose it on the field) so I would expect to have them on the website by mid to late next week.  There are limited quantities on these at the moment so strike quickly.

STANAGS are proving to be tricky.  Due to the way the thermold mags bulge out at the upper seal makes doing an authentic looking STANAG hard/unlikely.  So until we can devote more time to solving that puzzle its going to remain half baked.  We got busy again right after we machined the speed loader adapters so who knows when the next window of opportunity will arrive.  Ill keep you all in the loop.

Darn it - was hoping it would be a V2. I'm not entirely happy about mine being a V2, guess i'll just run it to the ground and then get the Cradle BCG, alot of good points about using it, before upgrading it. I just want it in tip top shape for MERCs 9, without failure. 

I'm beating the sh.... Out off min while staying updated on T_hum's progress in developing the v1+ bolt group, thinking my v1 would be worn out in time the cradle v1+ got out,

but somehow it just keeps on going :-)

I'm beating the sh.... Out off min while staying updated on T_hum's progress in developing the v1+ bolt group, thinking my v1 would be worn out in time the cradle v1+ got out, but somehow it just keeps on going :-)

Well i do plan on running mine like a wild bull on a hot summer day, when summers come to Denmark... oh yea! 1 whole week of warm weather!

but the Cradle V1+ is out... so no excuse for you not to get it.

$5.15 priority flat rate to the continental US. Rates just went up for international customers due to the 2013 USPS rate hikes.  Domestic mail seems to have only fluctuated by 10 cents or so while international has gone up by about $6. 

I find this may be a good time to reiterate that we dont make a red cent on shipping and we don't charge handling fees so when our shipping prices go up its not us gouging our customers.  Blame USPS.

@T_hum 

Would the CAA style magazines be an option? They have released their own brand CAA AEG mags, but if i remember correctly its King Arms that produces them, so a license deal might not be impossible, CAA is pretty open to business proposals. 

First time Ive ever looked at their products.  They look fairly nice.  Really the issue here would be the same as any magazine thats thinner than the thermold design.  Stanag, Pmag, Caa, etc.  TK made the top seal extend internally into that top nub around the magazine that touches the underside of the mag well.  So if you make the mag thinner up there for aesthetics you also cut away most of the sealing surface.  The obvious solution is to scap using the KJW upper portion of the magazine as well as the lower but by then you are starting the whole mag from scratch.  $$$$

First time Ive ever looked at their products.  They look fairly nice.  Really the issue here would be the same as any magazine thats thinner than the thermold design.  Stanag, Pmag, Caa, etc.  TK made the top seal extend internally into that top nub around the magazine that touches the underside of the mag well.  So if you make the mag thinner up there for aesthetics you also cut away most of the sealing surface.  The obvious solution is to scap using the KJW upper portion of the magazine as well as the lower but by then you are starting the whole mag from scratch.  $$$$

Dont wanna question what you wrote at all, just trying to better myself in understanding. I just tried comparing the thermolds to my PTW mags STANAG and Rampos Pmags... are we talking in the mm difference at the top seal end of the magazine (magwell covered part)?

The section that sits completely inside the magwell is almost identical across all models of magazines.  Its the exposed part that varies.  Look specifically at the area just below the magwell lip.  The thermolds are wide and almost sit far enough out the be flush with the outside dimensions of the lower receiver.  The other style magazines hold the internal magwell dimension all the way down.

Well i do plan on running mine like a wild bull on a hot summer day, when summers come to Denmark... oh yea! 1 whole week of warm weather!

but the Cradle V1+ is out... so no excuse for you not to get it.

Jep going to order the v1+ just about the time "ferikonto" is paying out;-)

Jep going to order the v1+ just about the time "ferikonto" is paying out;-)

Bah! "betalt ferie", useless junk... how am i suppose to get my hands on it now! I got a rail coming in from Madbull for the KJW, two PTS Pmags for the PTW. I need a MOE stock for the KJW, probably a new pistol grip too... argh damn hobbie! If things look ok, im going to order the V1+ in a weeks time

OR we can order it together have save on shipment, ahhh!!!

Edited by Kireru

The section that sits completely inside the magwell is almost identical across all models of magazines.  Its the exposed part that varies.  Look specifically at the area just below the magwell lip.  The thermolds are wide and almost sit far enough out the be flush with the outside dimensions of the lower receiver.  The other style magazines hold the internal magwell dimension all the way down.

Ok I think i see what you mean... darn, well people have lived with the thermold mags since day one so i'm guessing we'll all be just fine :) Thanks for the info

Bah! "betalt ferie", useless junk... how am i suppose to get my hands on it now! I got a rail coming in from Madbull for the KJW, two PTS Pmags for the PTW. I need a MOE stock for the KJW, probably a new pistol grip too... argh damn hobbie! If things look ok, im going to order the V1+ in a weeks time

OR we can order it together have save on shipment, ahhh!!!

Sadly my budget are tight at the moment so I need the "feriekonto" payout before I'm able to order anything:-(

Wouldn't been bad saving on shipping thou!

Hey guys.  Just tested a finished V+1 bolt in 40 degree weather last night.  Perfect!  Though there was a little delay in rate of fire, we were able to do full auto dumps with lock back.  I also got to use Frog's rifle in -30 degree weather and though you couldnt dump, you could use semi and still get lock back.  My v2 bolt didnt do well on either test.  I also have a prototype v+1 and the finished one seemed to function just slightly better in the crisp firing aspect.