Hey guys.  Just tested a finished V+1 bolt in 40 degree weather last night.  Perfect!  Though there was a little delay in rate of fire, we were able to do full auto dumps with lock back.  I also got to use Frog's rifle in -30 degree weather and though you couldnt dump, you could use semi and still get lock back.  My v2 bolt didnt do well on either test.  I also have a prototype v+1 and the finished one seemed to function just slightly better in the crisp firing aspect.

Awesome feedback - good to hear that it still performs extremely well. I'm sooo gonna get the V1+... just take my money!

Edited by Kireru
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

So guys I sent an email to kjworks@ms47.hinet.net asking for a quote for the parts needed to construct a lower receiver. That was 3 days ago, and so far they haven't replied back. I checked my spam folder and saw nothing. I know other people have mailed and ordered from them in the part. Have they stopped selling parts, or is there a wrong email? I just emailed KJWUSA as per advice of another member, hoepfully they will respond back.

Paul.

Try this email address as well.  It's a direct link to their sales department, and usually garners a better response:

sales@kjworks.com.tw

Although what Sandstorm mentioned is correct.  Chinese New Year is pretty much like Christmas in that part of the world where everything shuts down, and no one works much.

I would say its like Christmas day is here, but it lasts for almost a month....

I remember my parents trying to flee Beijing when Bird Flu popped up in the middle of New Years, at one of the worlds largest international airports there were two ticketing counters open.

BTW, incase of a misunderstanding, I don't have a KJW M4 lower ATM. However, I am looking for a KJW Upper, and it is cheaper to buy a full M4 and sell the lower vs buying all of the upper pieces and then selling it. If you are interested in buying a new KJW M4 lower in the near future then please PM me.

4OX0PEhl.jpg

I finally got some parts in and I was able to finish my gun. So far it' awesome, the only problem is the hop up isn't working that good. I plan to get the TDC mod done so that shouldn't be a problem. On a side note, did Raven1 ever release his maintenance guide? He was talking about it but a couple months back he dissapeard off the face of the earth. I haven't lubed my gun at all, and I'm worried that it may break.

Well according to the prices on the back of the KJW M4 manual, outing the parts for a whole new upper reciver would cost ~$220. I plan to buy a new M4, and hopefully sell the extra lower reciever.

^Interesting find, however considering I can buy an upgraded belt or an extra dollar, there is really no reason to buy that. Also, please respond to my question in our conversation about the lower.

Okay, I am having problems with one of my mags, where the bolt is not locking back. I think it's a mag problem, as with one of the mags the bolt locks back while with this mag it doesn't. I've determined that the problem is that the silver tab in the back of the mag doesn't stay up, it keeps going down. I think this must be because a spring is worn out, and if that's the case then where can I buy a new spring?

Okay, I am having problems with one of my mags, where the bolt is not locking back. I think it's a mag problem, as with one of the mags the bolt locks back while with this mag it doesn't. I've determined that the problem is that the silver tab in the back of the mag doesn't stay up, it keeps going down. I think this must be because a spring is worn out, and if that's the case then where can I buy a new spring?

From what i read, it should be fairly easy to disassemble the mag. Try doing that and see if anything is causing the spring to not fully push up the silver tab. 

Well this is interesting. I was playing around with the magazine and after a while I got it to work normal again. When I raised the dry fire tab the silver tab moved up and the magazine follower moved up, and now both makes looked identically similar. However one mag would stil dry fire, but I noticed if I pushed the mag up then it would usually lock back. This leads me to believe that the magazine folder is a couple mm to short. Does anybody with more knowledge about the KJW platform have anything to add. I that is the problem then all I'll have to do is someone raise the BB's follower.

On another note, if anybody wants a second KJW M4 then how's a great time to buy one at UNCompany. They have a 12% discount which knocked down their M4 price from $280 to ~$245. My total cost including shipping was $346, almost $30 cheaper than if I were to buy from the states.

As do I. Although I notice very little performance difference between my two with a v1+ bolt. One is a 14.5 inch barrel that has a madbull tightbore and a TDC, the other is the 10.5 inch with the stock barrel and TDC, both shoot man sized targets at about 220ft.

Edited by frogfish