Why are you guys getting so defensive? KJW is the best system out there, but its not the best, the V2 update is evidence of that.

Paul, i have an answer for you: Some newer mags have thinner silver tabs for better compatibility with the V2 bolt (so it wont push up the bolt catch too much and catch the nozzle) or the magazine is old and it's spring is worn... possibly for leaving it loaded for extended periods of time? or its low on gas (and/ or its a cold day) and the bolt doesn't cycle ALL the way back and lock.

If you check your tabs and they are indeed thinner, you can epoxy them to the V1 spec. 

DSC02436.jpg

Even if you have a V2 BCG (not a V1 or V1+), you wanna still epoxy to V1 (dont worry about the nozzle, doesn't affect function, if anything the nozzle return spring might break... just uncoil the broken end and re tie it :P ), the thinner tabs prematurely wear the bolt lock area of the BCG as the bolt catch doesn't push up high enough, doesn't get enough contact.

This is a good time to check your bolt, maybe its worn and the problem isnt your mags.. if the bolt is worn, just file the bolt catch area flat again... lol, thats what i do.. until i can buy a V1+

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Hey guys, wanted to update on another test I did yesterday with my prototype V1+ and a friend's finished v1+.  It was 37 degrees outside and 30 degrees in my poorly lit garage.  With both bolts, I was able to do multiple burst and full auto mag dumps.  Both had the bolt lock back on a mag warmed under the arm prior to shooting.  A full auto dump had cool down near the end but was still doing full cycles and was not as slow as my v2 (which would cease to fire at times from cool down).  Shots were still quick.  Burst firing every half second fared well with significantly less cool down and snappy response.  All this in close to, if not freezing temperature.  I cant wait to see the results in the heat.  

Ill have these posted on the site for sale this coming weekend.  WWW.CRADLEAIRSOFT.COM   

Orders placed will ship mid to late next week. Limited stock so order quickly!

Sweet!  T, got any specific dollar figure in mind for those bright red beauties??

I got one of the three KJW M4 GBBR's that I purchased a while back from a buddy last night. Its been over two years since she left my hands...the gun was pretty loose all over and required some TLC. Nothing was broken. Just the usual wear from use.

After purchasing a velocity reducer from cradleairsoft, I decided to mess with my stock flute valve. I ended up using a plasticky heat shrink tubing as an insert to restrict gas flow towards the bb. I cut the piece, shrank it to spec, and super glued it. So far its holding up. My velocity went down to about 340-50 FPS with .20g BBs at about 60 degrees...Pretty much where I want it to be.

Here's a photo for those interested:

20130222_120956_zps5a79d244.jpg

I need one of those bb loader adapters. I'll be watching your site Travis :P

Just had a shooting season with the rifle and it started to act up. First it wouldn't lock the bolt, I gassed up and tried again with the same result.

After a mag or two it suddenly started to release gas with a bolt failure. Tried greasing BCG and piston to see if that helps - but then it started to "double tap" the bolt when pulling the trigger once.

Same Mag was used during the whole season and got very very cold towards the end.

Single fire only. Rapid fire though.

V2.

Stock internals.

Got any suggestions?

Edited by Kireru

For the not locking back, check the BCG, maybe its worn in the are where the bolt catch locks it back... and what do you mean with "bolt failure"?

for double tap you mean: press trigger, fire, release, fires again? it could just be a dirty trigger group or something more serious like a worn disconnector..

The rifle is completly new, only has had 7-9 mags through it, but i will check. Going to run a less cold-mag season today. I got the info that a really cold mag can cause the gas valve to freeze up and cause a malfunction with mag/bolt.

With "double tap" i mean the bolt cycles twice on one trigger pull, very strange. An unwanted burst function. I'll do a clean up on the internals and only use a decent temp. magazine today just to check up on it.

Edited by Kireru

Yea, its really funny my gun would shoot sluggish, burst in semi and expel all the gas in the mag too when it was pretty new i remember... i cleaned the trigger assembly and was fixed instantly, never again.

I think its the parts settling in and the junky thick factory grease... the dirty grease must be full of paint and chips of metal fragments as the new parts settled, remove that and replace it with some good ol super lube.

Sorry for quickly suggesting the worst, I didnt think the gun was new, if i knew, i would have remembered i had my issues when new too. Best of luck with the KJW,  awesome platform!

Agreed, but I think there may have been an issue with licensing from TK that required them to somewhat change the system, maybe they didn't want to pay the fees, maybe TK wanted to change things and KJ said no or TK didn't like what KJW was doing... who knows...