• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Has anyone thought of a mod that allows the same stock trigger pull on an AR15 for the KJW M4, but without altering the fps and such in any way? I know milspec is sort of out of the question, but what about trigger pull? I was thinking it doesnt have to be the hammer spring but something on the trigger to increase the pull weight.

Ok Snoop spill LM4 or KJW?

After trying an LM4 in a shop I was major disappointed but still would but it way above my ol WA.

KJW V.1 for the sake of function. Gun is more consistent...more accurate...more reliable. You never hear about double feeding or chopping bbs from these. Bolt lock does not wear down the BCG. Hop buckings are pretty good out of the box....just gotta keep em dry so they grip (A shot of electronic parts cleaner onto a shop towel and use a cleaning rod to make sure the bucking is oil free).

LM4 has recoil. Precision is lacking as shots sometimes swerve...possibly from getting nicked by the metal bb extractor.

LM4 is definitely more fun to shoot....but practicality wise....KJW. 

LM4 needs to be tweaked more out of the box.

My money is on the people selling them are COD fans who didn't expect the realities of owning a gas gun. Well, not necessarily just COD, but the general 'I want a Vector, and this is the only one I can buy, so I'll buy it... Why can't I blast off whole mags in 2.5 seconds without my eyebrows becoming frozen? FOR SALE.' types.

hey t_hum. I noticed my V2 bolt seems different from your video. later generation design perhaps?

My spring is attatched to my piston/valve assembly.

Anyways; on another note, I stripped the *fruitcage* out of the screw thats on the side of the BCG. really weak screw head it seems. :( maybe I need a thinner flat head.

Edit: to the part way back when I mentioned my BCG wasn't being caught on empty. The side where that lever comes up is pretty worn.

Edited by Shroker

Well finally got parts to put my V1 bolt back together, I'm not sure why but my V1 weapon just didn't like the V1+ bolt, my V2 weapon on the other hand loves it.

My v1 was light striking and seemed to just have issues with the trigger group when the v1+ was installed, not sure what it was, but I think it was something to do with my weapon on the BCG.

Also snagged a cradle BB loader, its a little snug on my older mags but fits newer ones fine, This kinda goes along with my theory there has been some change to the mags and not just the weapon. The loader worked like a charm though.

Also snagged a cradle BB loader, its a little snug on my older mags but fits newer ones fine, This kinda goes along with my theory there has been some change to the mags and not just the weapon. The loader worked like a charm though.

Yeah, my loader scrapes the paint straight off the mags.  There are a few burrs on mine leftover from the milling process but nothing a few passes of a hobby file can't fix.

Well finally got parts to put my V1 bolt back together, I'm not sure why but my V1 weapon just didn't like the V1+ bolt, my V2 weapon on the other hand loves it.

My v1 was light striking and seemed to just have issues with the trigger group when the v1+ was installed, not sure what it was, but I think it was something to do with my weapon on the BCG.

+1 on the v1 compatibility issue Frog.  I reported early on when I got mine that I was having issues, and I've come to the conclusion that it's definitely the something within the V1 lower that's the culprit.

Here's how I've come to that conclusion.  I tested the v1+ w/ my v1 lower extensively, including swapping out springs, etc. and it still seems to have what I would call a light strike issue.

Recently, I purchased a v2 lower from Paul202.  I dropped one of my v1 uppers onto it w/ the v1+ bcg, and it seems to work flawlessly. 

Fortunately for me, I've now essentially got 2 guns that I can run.  I'll run the Cradle v1+ in my v1 upper/v2 lower long rifle configuration, and the Cradle test bcg in my v1 CQB gun.

As for the Cradle loader, I've tried it on a couple mags, all of which are v1, and it's definitely pretty snug.  Seems to feed pretty well, but I want to give it a bit more testing w/ each of my other mags.  It looks awesome, and I'm definitely excited to have it!

Hola Bitchachos ! !

Just a quick note to let you know I have extensively tested the COMPLETE V1+ Bolt Carrier and this is a sweet reliability upgrade ! ! !

Been gone for a minute as I've been busy ( So Don't ASK ! )

I apologize in advance for my Overly Detailed Reports on the KJW M4 . . .

+1 on the v1 compatibility issue Frog.  I reported early on when I got mine that I was having issues, and I've come to the conclusion that it's definitely the something within the V1 lower that's the culprit.

Here's how I've come to that conclusion.  I tested the v1+ w/ my v1 lower extensively, including swapping out springs, etc. and it still seems to have what I would call a light strike issue.

Recently, I purchased a v2 lower from Paul202.  I dropped one of my v1 uppers onto it w/ the v1+ bcg, and it seems to work flawlessly. 

As for the Cradle loader, I've tried it on a couple mags, all of which are v1, and it's definitely pretty snug.  Seems to feed pretty well, but I want to give it a bit more testing w/ each of my other mags.  It looks awesome, and I'm definitely excited to have it!

If you are having light strikes make sure that your guide rod moves smoothly through the range of motion the carrier makes.  I do this with the carrier out of the gun.  Basically make sure the underside of the guide tab that locks into the rear of the receiver isnt hanging up on the carrier body.  Light rub is fine.  Binding is bad.  Ive seen that some guide rods are pretty out of spec on that part of the casting and some even have nasty mold lines that rub quite badly on the carrier.  A light filing of that portion of the guide rod can free up the movement of the carrier.

Yes, the loaders are tight and were designed to be. We found that any lateral slop made for less than perfect loading some of the time.  So we opted for snug as opposed to a misfeed.  The paint finishes are inconsistent in thickness it seems, as well.  We averaged out thicknesses the best we could so some may find a mag tight and another only snug.  Everything should wear in just fine.

It was amazing to see just how sensitive the internal features of the loaders were to tolerance deviations during machining.  It took us a while to come up with a machining strategy that gave us perfect results. The loaders are, in fact, a very tight tolerance part.

Edited by t_hum