• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I'm afraid of doing this wrong.

How do I disassemble the V1+ to get to the VA?.

Also; my V2 seems a bit different from the t_hums v2. I'l post pictures of the v2 I have when I get the chance.

Look on cradles website. There should be a video on how to disassemble the v1 and put in the va if memory serves. if it's not there, it's still on YouTube.

No clue how to answer pt 2 of your post yet.

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

Thanks Hut. I didn't realize the V1+ was basically the same thing as the V1 :P. I thought the piston cup design was altered haha.

Thanks mate! I should have just checked. DOH. :P.

SILLY ME.

Okay. I think I need a thinner screw driver os I don't strip the screw. I think thats what I ended up doing to my V2.

EDIT: On the V1/V1+/V2. Is there a dummy screw?

EDIT EDIT: I missed a crucial step in the begining which was poking out the spring guide pin for the V2.

Thanks guys. 
A friendly reminder I need to catch up on sleep.

Edited by Shroker

Hello fellow KJW users! Been following this thread for a little while now, only on page twenty-one though, ha ha, but it's been quite helpful. Donut and Raven, thank you. @ t_hum, kudos to you and Cradle, sir.

This lady is my current build. I'll be modding the outer barrel and a new inner, then figure out how to throw a MagPul PTS PRS stock on her tomorrow. I've seen a few ways to do so, but not sure which way to try. But I'm sure I can manage that.

One question though, what MagPul grips will fit the KJW M4 without a problem? I recently ordered a RS MagPul MIAD grip, but it didn't fit. And I'm hoping my selector spring isn't awry now. Semi seemed a bit "soft" in it's clicking into position once I put the original grip back on. But that could just be me though, won't know until I test fire her. But I'm thinking of a MagPul PTS MOE grip, will it fit without a hitch?

Any help with the MagPul grip issue would be a blessing. :D

kjwm4woptic002.jpg

*edit, I just now seen not to ask questions here. Sorry, been up all night and missed that before I posted.

Edited by Erebus

Hello fellow KJW users! Been following this thread for a little while now, only on page twenty-one though, ha ha, but it's been quite helpful. Donut and Raven, thank you. @ t_hum, kudos to you and Cradle, sir.

This lady is my current build. I'll be modding the outer barrel and a new inner, then figure out how to throw a MagPul PTS PRS stock on her tomorrow. I've seen a few ways to do so, but not sure which way to try. But I'm sure I can manage that.

One question though, what MagPul grips will fit the KJW M4 without a problem? I recently ordered a RS MagPul MIAD grip, but it didn't fit. And I'm hoping my selector spring isn't awry now. Semi seemed a bit "soft" in it's clicking into position once I put the original grip back on. But that could just be me though, won't know until I test fire her. But I'm thinking of a MagPul PTS MOE grip, will it fit without a hitch?

Any help with the MagPul grip issue would be a blessing. :D

*edit, I just now seen not to ask questions here. Sorry, been up all night and missed that before I posted.

VERY NICE! What scope do you have mounted on there?

And why wouldn't you be able to ask questions on here?

I had no problem mounting a MIAD to mine, so I'm curious what kind of problems you grab into, or if anyone else experienced the same thing...

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

Ok added a few things on it.
new trigger guard.
new stocktube sling mount.
new flashlight.
Still waiting for the CQB inner barrel so i can mount the silencer from within the front.

In progress:
I decided on a CTR mil-spec stock, since im thinking it sits tighter on the tube and MOE grip. 
I kinda fell inlove with Troys Ambidextrous mag&bolt release, so really considering getting them.
And come wednesday, im so gonna order a V1+ oh yea, taxreturn for the win!

mfr_phase3.jpg

Edited by Kireru

@ Erebus

On That MIAD make sure to use the KJW grip fastener as the Magpul Fastener is slightly L O N G E R than the Kay Jay Dub Ya fastener is bro !

I've had every Magpul grip on mine and currently have the Umbrella Corp Grip installed and never have had An Issue as I've always used the KJW fastener.

QUICK TIP: 

When Removing the grip have the rifle inverted ( Upside Down With Grip Orientated To The Ceiling )

Make Sure to have new grip staged - as in out of the packaging, ready and in easy reach in front of you!

Verify Selector Is On 'Safe'

With fastener removed, gently 'Rock' the grip side to side ( Not Front/Muzzle - To Back/Stock ) while pulling up at the same time.

!Slowly So That way the spring doesn't launch on you!

Making sure to capture the detent spring for the selector, set aside.

Set the old grip aside and grab the new grip.

Slide new grip fully into place,

Verify Good contact all the way around, if there are no irregularities ( as in no filing or trimming needed)

Gently slide Grip away from lower about half inch or 15mm - Place selector detent spring into place ( Be Aware Spring MIGHT Be At An Angle !  If this IS the case place the spring into its home - Gently slide the grip down to where it just makes contact - Then Slowly VERIFY The Spring IS Compressing and NOT Being Smashed Flat Between Grip And Lower Receiver Body ) If It Is then use a small flat blade screw driver to compress and Hold the spring into the lower receiver and slide the grip on top of and small blade Flat screw driver so that the grip is now holding the screw driver.  Slide the screw driver out and install the fastener and let the good times roll baby . . .

Good to hear :). So did you end up switching over to the tanio koba version of this gbbr? Was out in Mesa, AZ february of last year Ended up playing at VIPairsoft then. Dont have a reason to drive down there anymore though as the girl moved back up to Cali for school. Lol.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Say guys, this is probably covered a lot of times, but I can't get a definitive answer.

At the beginning it was stated the KJW M4 takes VSR 10 barrel. So I can *albatross* a VSR 10 GSPEC TanioKoba Twistbarrel, right?

Now... since I think it can, does this means it can also take VSR/ TM pistol rubbers like the famous Firefly VSR hoprubber?

OffTopic:

Second part isn't really about the M4, but hey, who knows:

It has been stated the KC-02 takes KJW M4 barrels, thus again, does this means it could take the same TK VSR barrel and FF VSR hoprubber?

I'll re-ask this one in the KC-02 thread.

Hey everyone just placed an order for an AR15 trigger spring. I plan on attempting to put one in to see it will not only work, but increase the pull weight on the trigger. Should come within a week and I will let eveyrone know how it goes! I onyl got a trigger spring because if I changed the disconnector I fear that it could cause more resistence for the bolt to completely cock the hammer. Wish me luck!

Well last night i tried out a RS ambi selector from a german company. It was made for civilian use, hence single fire only. It was configurated for 45' and 90' clicks. Sad to say, it wasnt a plug and play solution. It needed some modding to fit in lenght and when that was done, the tension plug for the selector switch (part 44) didnt match the grooves on the RS part either, making it a none-click switch. So final thoughts -> bummer

Success! A standard AR15 trigger spring will infact work and does increase the trigger pull and what feels like the crispness of the trigger reset. Only issues I can say is that you will need to noodle around with the trigger once installed so the hammer spring can fill the groove to keep the trigger pin in place. Otherwise it works!