• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Hey all,

I recently purchased a V1+ bolt from Cradle Airsoft after my v2 bolt snapped and have had issues getting the gun to cycle.

I'm able to pull the charging handle all the way back with no issue but it is a little stiff when you initially pull it. When I pull the trigger, gas is released, the bolt tries to move back (usually only going at max an inch), the hammer is usually locked back again, and a BB is loaded into the chamber, but it does not fire the BB that was already in the chamber. 

After trying a few times (unjamming the BBs every time) I was able to get the gun to fire, and after a number of dry fires the gun did lock back a few times. I have no been able to reproduce this however this morning when I tried a bit before classes.

I used silicon spray as lubricant as the V1+ came unlubed except for the o-rings. 

Any ideas? 

• 3 weeks later...

We got STANAG mags in the box with our recently bought Version 2 CQBRs, while the Version 2 M4A1s still had Thermolds.  Comparing them, the STANAGs are a lot heavier than the Thermolds, significantly enough that I actually prefer to run the Thermolds despite the bulkiness.  If you've felt the heft of WE and WA STANAGs, they are closer to the WA in weight.  Otherwise they seem to operate the same as the Thermolds in general.  Willing to post more impressions when we have more time to compare them.

Hey all! I just recently became a member of the family!

I bought a used KJW and so far I absolutely love it! This is my 3rd GBBR in my shift away from AEGs. 

It's a V2 with a Noveske rail, Cradle velocity reducer, the TDC mod and I added the magpul furniture.

I also have the falcon hop up and 6.03 TBB on the way. 

I had a few questions for you guys.

• There is a slight wobble between my upper and lower receiver. It isn't much but, but it's still annoying. Any known fixes?
  • After adding a B.A.D. Lever, when changing mags with the bolt back, if I use any amount of force putting another mag in, the bolt will automatically release and move forward. While convenient, I fear this may be due to wear, or some other problem. What should I look into for this?
  • With the velocity reducer, is there anywhere online that gives you an estimate with what FPS you'll get with the amount of spacers in it? I don't own a chrono, and would like to be within a new field's limits. (I'm aware that the TBB will also affect FPS, but it won't be here in time for the first game at the new field.)
BIDiUGM.jpg?1

I think u can use G&P magic pin. I use on mine wobble free, and my friends say it can save my upper from broken. U can found it on wgc or ehobby, arround $8 if im not mistaken.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I recently got my woman a KJW (she plays airsoft and was using an MP7 prior) Now we have mag compatibility.

I was fiddling with the hop to get it to be as good as it was on my gun and came to a very good realization.

When you unscrew the hop dial from the hop, one of the parts (part #94) is called the hop dial spacer.

Playing on a hunch and doing a little experiment, I went ahead and sanded it down a little at a time so that the dial would screw in a bit deeper and thus affect the hop a bit more. 

It WORKED! My girl can now set her KJ to fire .25s with 0 to 1 click, .30s with 3 to 4 clicks, and .36 or even .40 bbs with 6 to 8 clicks in.

Be careful not to sand the spacer in too much. I overdid it on my gun and if I screw the dial in too tight it can't be turned.

Personally I have followed this thread and owned KJW M4's for a while and it seems like it is losing popularity. About a year ago when I bought one the guy had multiple offers within a day, my KJW has been for sale for months without so much as a comment. It's really a shame too, in my experiance the KJW M4 is one of if not the best GBBR on the market.

May be because KJW doesn't have any real problem... and it's a M4 not because loosing it popularity I think @paul202. For me and my teammate KJW M4 still the best GBBR in the market though. For newbie like me it's very easy to use and takin care of imho????

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I think the KJW lost popularity because of its reputation for poor materials. Especially now with all the choices for GBB M4;s, not many people are likely to buy one that has a receiver that will break.

I know after mine broke and KJW refused to ship me a new upper, I swore I'd never buy one again.

May be because KJW doesn't have any real problem... and it's a M4 not because loosing it popularity I think @paul202. For me and my teammate KJW M4 still the best GBBR in the market though. For newbie like me it's very easy to use and takin care of imho????Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

You're confused, I'm saying that it's a very reliable GBBR and that it's a shame that people seem to be turning away from it.

I think the KJW lost popularity because of its reputation for poor materials. Especially now with all the choices for GBB M4;s, not many people are likely to buy one that has a receiver that will break.

I know after mine broke and KJW refused to ship me a new upper, I swore I'd never buy one again.

Just wondering did you have a V1 or V2 KJW? I know the V1's had a problem with the upper reciever breaking, but it was my understanding that they had fixed this problem in the 2nd version. Edited by Paul202

Gotta keep in mind that its a design from 2009. There's no trademarks or other colors to keep people interested. Oddly enough however...it seems that the v.1's are preferable.

Fast forward 3-4 years....you still have some g&p WOC m4's....challenge kits and what not. Those are money pits. People don't realize it before getting into it and before you know it...they spend bank on the gun. The entry price of $200 gets them a gun that shoots with trademarks.

Of course...there are other guns that came out...KWA/KSC lm4 in magpul, cqb, carbine variations that are built solidly (hop still

Needs work), kmp7, KMP9, FPG, AKG Then we have WE Open Bolt M4/ M16/ XM series, WE Open Bolt PDW, M14 series, G36/39 series, and the AK series. VFC came out with the MP5 series, M4's, and the popularity of the HK416 skyrocketed after the SEALs took down Bin Laden. GHK started churning out pretty good AK's after the terrible 2009 offerings...their PDW kept getting better, and now they have the G5 which is a very very very very very good performer out of the box. TM came out with their GBB MP7 and more recently the M870.

Yup, interest dipped significantly but its mainly because of more variety of guns to choose from these days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

While I have seen breaks in older guns, I haven't seen anything significant in recent years, so I'm not 100% sure this argument holds as much water as it may have in the past.

Gotta keep in mind that its a design from 2009. There's no trademarks or other colors to keep people interested. Oddly enough however...it seems that the v.1's are preferable.

Fast forward 3-4 years....you still have some g&p WOC m4's....challenge kits and what not. Those are money pits. People don't realize it before getting into it and before you know it...they spend bank on the gun. The entry price of $200 gets them a gun that shoots with trademarks.

Of course...there are other guns that came out...KWA/KSC lm4 in magpul, cqb, carbine variations that are built solidly (hop still

Needs work), kmp7, KMP9, FPG, AKG Then we have WE Open Bolt M4/ M16/ XM series, WE Open Bolt PDW, M14 series, G36/39 series, and the AK series. VFC came out with the MP5 series, M4's, and the popularity of the HK416 skyrocketed after the SEALs took down Bin Laden. GHK started churning out pretty good AK's after the terrible 2009 offerings...their PDW kept getting better, and now they have the G5 which is a very very very very very good performer out of the box. TM came out with their GBB MP7 and more recently the M870.

Yup, interest dipped significantly but its mainly because of more variety of guns to choose from these days.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I would agree with Snoop more than anything, and add the old fact that airsofters in general, are whores for things like trademarks and the latest and greatest styles. Let's face it, in stock form, the KJW doesn't sport any of that stuff, nor does it have the same kind of aftermarket parts support that the woc/lm4's do. And to be frank, it doesn't need it.

I am so happy with my kjw m4, that I won't ever sell it.

• 5 weeks later...

KJW's materials ARE poor, the design is great though, efficient and reliable. I wont take anything else to the field with me... but its things like this that annoy me.

93wg.jpg

h55s.jpg

wfy1.jpg

I had moved to a 2 point sling for a few games and i guess the faux buffer tube couldn't take the weight of the rifle on the buttstock, which is ridiculous.

I fixed it with some JB weld, wrapped it in electrical tape to hide it and went to a 1 point sling again....

Edited by Landa

Hey Landa,

That has happened to our KJWs over here in the Philippines as well. I broke mine when I tripped over something whilst running hard. We first discovered the buffer tube funkyness when one of our buddies tried to remove his buffer tube the way you would on any other gbb and it cracked.

The best option really is to order a replacement part because it can mess with your gun's ability to lock the bolt to the rear. (don't understand why but wobbly buffer tubes have had that effect and tightening them restores the functionality)

Edited by freon
  • 2 weeks later...