• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Having had a look inside the mags, do you think there is a chance of a higher capacity (maybe 50 - 100) round magazine to be made later or is it fundamentally not possible with the current mag design?

It is not possible due the the BB well is a straight up an down in the front of the magazine assembly.

That assembly houses the spring and BB catch that contacts and pushes the BBs to the feed hole to the BB channel at the top of the magazine. It is a staggered BB pattern instead of the more reliable single stack pattern. Fundamentally this is the only issue I have with the magazine, it runs great, very efficient in regards to gas consumption, very close tolerances between assemblies making it leak free, utilizes the use of a single cap screw to secure fasten all major assemblies together, makes use of 2 pins holding the upper portion of the magazine which encompasses the BB channel, bolt lock on/off mechanism and gas valve actuator. Once the 2 pins are removed you have access to the BB channel assembly.

Very easily serviced design as opposed to a mid cap or low cap AEG magazine. Yes I'm am making the statement, easier to service and clean than AEG mags,,,

Just ordered a KJW M4A1 from ehobbyasia. Can't wait. I was originally looking at the AGM, then the JG. But i wasn't gonna put money into the thing every month just so it would perform like when i got it. My friend got a jg for plinking, but I plan on gaming. Once i read that KJW was selling parts I was sold. The main reason I wasn't going to get this was that I was afraid if something broke I wouldn't be able to get parts. I know you don't really need another review, but ill post one here anyway once it shows up.

Hope this helps to get a large enough test group to convince those WA and WA clone guys that these few guns weren't flukes.

:)

KJW Update

Thursday, September 10th, 2009

0006 Hours

My apologies for not updating sooner, work has been less than cooperative,,,

Hello Raven1,

Regarding the transaction below:

Seller's Name: kjworks

Seller's Email: kjworks@ms47.hinet.net

Transaction ID: 4KX45267WN957872G

Transaction Date: Sep. 5, 2009 05:30:09 PDT

Transaction Amount: $35.00 USD

The seller has provided the following Shipment Tracking Information for your review:

Shipping Company: EMS

Shipment Tracking Number: EE003130248TW

The seller has provided the following Order Status information for your review:

Order Status: 已運送

The seller is providing this feature through the PayPal website as a means for communicating this information to you. Please note that the Shipment Tracking Information and Order Status displayed above is exactly as the seller entered it.

If you have questions about this transaction, PayPal encourages you to directly contact the seller to amicably resolve any outstanding questions you might have.

Sincerely,

PayPal

----------------------------------------------------------------

PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER give your password to anyone, including PayPal employees. Protect yourself against fraudulent websites by opening a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and typing in the PayPal URL every time you log in to your account.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

So I'm waiting for my Warranty + Replacement Parts to be arriving soon,,,

Just ordered a KJW M4A1 from ehobbyasia. Can't wait. I was originally looking at the AGM, then the JG. But i wasn't gonna put money into the thing every month just so it would perform like when i got it. My friend got a jg for plinking, but I plan on gaming. Once i read that KJW was selling parts I was sold. The main reason I wasn't going to get this was that I was afraid if something broke I wouldn't be able to get parts. I know you don't really need another review, but ill post one here anyway once it shows up.

Hope this helps to get a large enough test group to convince those WA and WA clone guys that these few guns weren't flukes.

:)

Test Group is over,

What Donut, Amadem and myself have done is all the proof you need that the gun just runs and runs well.

I'm working on getting video of the gun and how well it runs through "Hyper Violent Weapons Manipulations" drills and that will remove all doubt,,,,If People Still Have Any!

Test Group is over,

What Donut, Amadem and myself have done is all the proof you need that the gun just runs and runs well.

I'm working on getting video of the gun and how well it runs through "Hyper Violent Weapons Manipulations" drills and that will remove all doubt,,,,If People Still Have Any!

From what I've heard (from friends and from browsing these forums) people(as a whole) still don't think much of the kjw system, so Ill post a review anyway. Hope you don't mind. :D

Edited by gasrifles
From what I've heard (from friends and from browsing these forums) people(as a whole) still don't think much of the kjw system, so Ill post a review anyway. Hope you don't mind. :D

The KJW system is unlike any other,,,It Works! ;)

It is more refined than the 'Other' system and therefore doesn't kick / felt recoil isn't as pronounced due to the lighter weight of the BCG.

That's the trade off for reliability, as for me I'll take reliability and good design or over realistic recoil.

I live in Arizona where I can legally carry my 5.56 Cal M4 under the front passenger seat of my car. If I want recoil I can always just shoot my LWRC M6A2 until my shoulder is black and yellow with bruises!

But on the airsoft field, I want the gun that's going to keep me in the fight all day and spend ZERO dollars in maintenance month after month to keep playing that way - Gun or Magazines.

Congrats on your new obsession and reignited love affair with air ball,,,

Raven1 can you also show me how to disassemble the front barrel from the receiver and have access to the hop up unit. My hop up is not working and the bbs are falling out from the barrel due to this reason. I have no idea how complicated the hop up unit on this gun is and this is my first M4 ever, so help me please.

been watching this thread for a bit now and im very temped to get one over the Wa type guns but....

-has anyone used on any where other than the US,idealy in a country alot colder,as the uk temps are alot lower.

-is there anyway to reduce the fps,kits extra... the fps is way to high even on 134a gas for the uk sites.

been watching this thread for a bit now and im very temped to get one over the Wa type guns but....

-has anyone used on any where other than the US,idealy in a country alot colder,as the uk temps are alot lower.

-is there anyway to reduce the fps,kits extra... the fps is way to high even on 134a gas for the uk sites.

Im working on an FPS adjustment system. Hopefully raven1 and I can get together in the next few days and get it tested. Of course results will be posted here as well as plenty of pictures of the finished product.

I too have been watching the thread for the past couple of weeks, and will be ordering one with a few spares mags next week.

Couple of questions i've got are will standard RIS rails i.e KAC RASII rails go straight on without changing anything else?

Also, can someone provide measurements for the thermold mags, as i'd ideally like to know whether they'll fit into my £150 WAS RICAS before i buy them.

Cheers Sean

Raven1 can you also show me how to disassemble the front barrel from the receiver and have access to the hop up unit. My hop up is not working and the bbs are falling out from the barrel due to this reason. I have no idea how complicated the hop up unit on this gun is and this is my first M4 ever, so help me please.

Sure,

It's not too difficult, if you have ever taken off an AEG barrel - it is the same.

Break Open Rifle - Remove Bolt Carrier Group - Assemble Rifle Back Together With Out BCG - This Is To Facilitate Barrel Removal With Out Needing To Use A Bench Vice To Hold The Gun

1: Remove fore grip hand guards by grasping angled delta ring (it's spring loaded), pulling back ring and separating the upper & lower hand guards.

2: Use a small punch or screw driver and lightly tap the pins holding the front sight post (A Frame).

The pins Are NOT Directional and will come out from either side no problem.

Slide the front side post forward just enough to remove the gas tube - now that the gas tube is free from the delta ring.

The delta ring will be ready for removal.

3: Using the supplied tool, remove the Delta ring / barrel nut assembly it will all unscrew fairly easily.

4: Once the delta ring / barrel nut assembly is spun off and loose, just slide it forward a couple of inches out of your way.

Gently pull the barrel away from the upper receiver to separate from the upper receiver.

5. If you feel the need to remove the inner barrel.

The bottom side of the inner barrel has a 1.5mm set screw locking it down.

Be Sure To Loosen The 1.5mm Set Screw To Avoid Damage To The Inner Barrel / Hop Up Bucking Assembly.

(Inspect the hop up backing if you must, the 2 halves of the hop up bucking assembly is held together by the brass retaining ring on the front and the 2 halves separate easily.)

6: The mechanical adjustment is in the front section of the upper receiver. The Front Set DOES NOT Need To Be Removed to disassemble and verify. Just separate the upper receiver from the lower receiver to access. Consult the owners manual and it will give an exploded diagram view for better understanding.

Make sure nothing is loose and all the hardware holding it together is snug.

Not too tight as you won't be able to move he adjustment wheel.

Not much more to it than that.

To assemble do it in reverse.

Before Assembly Make Sure;

Verify 1.5mm set screw for inner barrel is tight.

Verify hardware for adjuster wheel is tight.

Couple of questions i've got are will standard RIS rails i.e KAC RASII rails go straight on without changing anything else? Also, can someone provide measurements for the thermold mags, as i'd ideally like to know whether they'll fit into my £150 WAS RICAS before i buy them.

Cheers Sean

Sean,

Standard rails will fit your gun no problems, no need to cut, file or perform any modifications.

Now below is a snap of my CT Vest, the mag pouches are made to fit Two USGI Stanag Magazines Snugly! As you can see the KJW Thermolds fit, but the Fit Is Very Tight. Also notice I usually keep the flap tucked in behind the magazines but the KJW magazines are so thick I am unable to; but pulling them out in a pouch so tight is not practical.

IMG_1530.jpg

Next up are the KJW Magazines in single Fast Mag pouch. The fit is very nice, easily stowed and held / easily accessed when needed.

IMG_1531.jpg

For those of you who go with more "commercial" gear such as the Pantac Ciras or other ACM type gear. Traditionally more commercial gear pouches have a more 'Relaxed' fit in regards to magazine retention.

Below is the Pantac double mag pouch. As you can see the pouch isn't stretched tight around the magazines and fit loosely. So loose the magazines are actually falling away from each other.

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

Single Magazine pouches are no issue either as most have some type of elastic band for added retention and will easily accommodate the KJW M4 or any other M4 magazine.

In Summary:

Double Mag Pouch - Using Eagle, Paraclete, Tactical Tailor, Coyote Tactical or any USGI Stanag Spec Pouches + KJW Thermold = No Go!

Single Mag Pouch - Fast Mag + Thermold = Go

Double Mag Pouch - Pantac / Phantom, ACM or China Made = Go

Single Mag Pouch = Go

Edited by Raven1