Dstole, excellent news on the delivery time. I know this is unlikely, but do you think you could replace a part at a time to test each replacement? The biggest issue confronting everyone with the hop up issue is just figuring our what part or combination of parts needs to be fixed. Frustrating as I have not been able to get out and do my own tests for weeks. :unsure:

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Well, I just did the hop up mod with shrink wrap, two layers of 4.8mm or 3/16? Hope that was right. Gun shoots like a laser beam (as much as a gas gun can) and I am now hitting targets 8 out of 10 times at 180-200 feet measured. Rediculohso. A decent fix until the hop up issues some are having can be isolated.

Thanks guys. Sadly, I have not figured out how to fix the ring issue. It is worrying me. It does not move when I fire it now beacuse I put electrical tape on the threads and it creates quite a bit of friction. If I want to move it though, it will rotate still XD. If I dont use the tape, it comes loose on every shot. Sucks!

Edited by Kai_Wolf

Kai_Wolf: Good to hear you got the hop working. :)

Personally, I've actually never had an AEG that could have shot more straight than my current KJ setup (after installing TB and the hop mod). Also can't think why it couldn't be a permanent fix, as it's easy to do and lasts just about forever. No need for custom parts for me.

Edited by Lupus78

Well I just received my KJW M4 CQBR today, and I'm very impressed. It shoots great right out of the box, and I can get around 2 mags worth of BBs out of it at freezing temperature here in Michigan. I'm having a little trouble getting my hopup dialed in but that's the ONLY issue right now. Range is great, although I can't find that balance between over-hopping and under-hopping.

Edited by MiA Ike

Hi All,

I am having the hop up issue like a lot of the posters on here and have tried searching for a detailed tutorial on the tape fix but since this forum does not let you search 3 letter words and that's my entire search: KJW, M4, Hop, Up I am not finding anything but a picture here and there. What's this tape anyway is it just electrical tape or is it some special tape I need to buy? I've installed the RA-Tech hopup rubber and tightbore in hopes of fixing the issue but that did nothing so I need to take it back down and try the tape fix if I can find some good info. Any help is appreciate.

Also I was thinking since the issue is the hop up arm is not pressing enough on the opening and not pushing the hop up rubber far enough in, what if I was to put a small round object on top of that opening and then tape it down to the hop up this way when the arm went down to push on the rubber the object would extend its push? This way you would not have to take down the hop up unit but just remove the barrel? Any thoughts on that?

Thanks all, great topic and I love this friggin' GBBR!!

I got myself into the KJW club about two months ago after stumbling on this thread and finally got enough funds to finish my build:

KJWM42.jpg

KJWM43.jpg

KJW M4

Cradle Airsoft velocity reducer, tightbore, and BCG extension

Madbull JP Rifles flash hider

ACM m900 weaponlight, Noveske 10 inch rail, and Eotech xps-2

Ready-mag spraypainted tan

Magpul FDE MBUS, CTR stock, MOE grip, rail covers, trigger guard, and BAD Lever.

Edited by Wutang

Just wondering if anyone here manage to conver the M4 into a M16. I'm talking mostly about the A2 fixed stock. Which one did they use? WA or AEG spec?

I know about the UBR from god knows which page but didn't read anywhere about the A2 Fixed stock.

Here is an adapter to run the real stock. I am sure some of the WE, WA stocks will also fit.

http://www.tokyo-model.com.hk/ecshop/goods.php?id=6067

Just about any AEG front set properly modified will work to.

Edited by Mini-Support

Im having issues with my RIS again. Sucks so bad. I found a classic Army Sportline Delta ring (a standard M4 one) and it fit and tightened down. I then installed all the hardware and both KAC style RIS handguard peices and now there is the infamous RIS Wobble all over the place. I have the plastic upper. Does anyone know a rail system that will mount to this and not skip threads? My UTG free floating one was meant for a real AR and screwed on nicely to the metal KJW receiver, but not the plastic without skipping. Will a G&P RAS fit the plastic bill?

Hey folks,

I was able to replace my hop unit with the replacement parts I got from Tanio Koba.

I wasn't able to do an incremental install as I don't have the time or ability to test at distance in small steps.

I replaced everything hop related except the hop bucking.

I was able to over hop .2 bbs. It was dark by time I finished, so I used tracers so I could see the effects of hop.

Sadly, I don't know if it has really fixed much, as it still seems the only place that gives me any real hop is on the final turn of the last position before it resets.

I also discovered, when playing withe the hop with the front barrel removed, that there is alot of side to side play in the hop arm. This is, without question, causing my bbs to slice.

If there was a way to make this piece tighter then I think it would make a huge difference.

I will try with .25 and .28 when I have some light and try to report back, but for now I don't think it was worth the expense.

On the other hand, the light recoil buffer (cold weather buffer) i very nice. It cycles much faster, and seems to be a well made piece of kit.

Kai - If you are able to tighten it down and the only problem you are facing is wobble, is it barrel wobble or the RIS shaking forwards and backwards making that annoying click noise? If that's the case, just add some electric tape to the front and back of your RIS, where it meets the rings so it won't be seen. It'll give you a more solid fit, and won't clack around anymore :)

That being said, now most of your front end is being held together by the friction of electric tape. That might be something to worry about. rolleyes.gif

Just a heads up, I noticed that my shots were curving sharp right consistently. I removed one layer of shrink wrap and if I increased the hop, it would do it again. I then took out the RA tech Blue hop up rubber and replaced it with the stock one and the problem seemed to stop. I cant tell if the one layer of shrink wrap is still hopping up correctly as its night, but the curving seemed to stop. I checked that the rubber was centered before isolating it as the problem.

AFAIR, there is a stock conversion for Koba M4's floating around out there. Can't remember where it is sold though. You could probably google your way to it.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/327945729/TAF_Extension_Buffer_Tube_for_M16A2.html

Yep. I'm awesome.

I feel like this was skipped over! I helped convert my friend's KJ to take a full stock, but it meant boring out the rear of the stock cap in order to put threads in it. Does anyone have this conversion yet? I'm very interested in it.