I know someone has converted this platform into a dmr with a longer inner and outer, does this rifle take aeg front ends? Or does anyone know which outer barrel is compatible with this rifle? I am thinking of getting another one of these and making a dmr out of it.

Again sorry for posting when I should be searching but the search feature on this forum is terrible with the 4 letter minimum word requirement.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

AEG outer barrels take minimal modification in order to work, simple as taking the AEG barrel and cutting it to be the same shape as your KJ barrel with a Dremel.

Inner barrels are sold by both T_Hum here on the boards and RA Tech. Making a DMR out of these guys is simple with a small bit of elbow grease :).

AEG outer barrels take minimal modification in order to work, simple as taking the AEG barrel and cutting it to be the same shape as your KJ barrel with a Dremel.

Inner barrels are sold by both T_Hum here on the boards and RA Tech. Making a DMR out of these guys is simple with a small bit of elbow grease :).

Very true. I made a SPR Mk12 Mod0 out of mine with a T-Hum M16 length TBB. I didn't keep it like that for long though, I never did the research to see how to keep it semi auto only.

Very true. I made a SPR Mk12 Mod0 out of mine with a T-Hum M16 length TBB. I didn't keep it like that for long though, I never did the research to see how to keep it semi auto only.

I had a quick look at semi auto carriers for real ARs and it looks like it might be possible to make the KJ semi only by filling down the underside of the rear of the carrier enough that it doesn't trip the auto sear. The selector switch would still be able to go into the auto position to move the auto sear into position for auto fire so if you had two bolts you could go from low fps auto to high fps semi just by changing the bolts around.

... or have i gotten confused somewhere?

I'm having an issue with my magazines venting as I shoot. It sounds quieter and affects my gas efficiency. I took the gun apart and cleaned and lubed everything last night, and today it was working much better. It was louder, the blowback was as crisp as it was when I first got it, and it was just shooting better overall. But after a few mags worth of BBs, it started venting gas around the bolt again. Has anybody had this issue and know a way to prevent it from happening?

I had a quick look at semi auto carriers for real ARs and it looks like it might be possible to make the KJ semi only by filling down the underside of the rear of the carrier enough that it doesn't trip the auto sear. The selector switch would still be able to go into the auto position to move the auto sear into position for auto fire so if you had two bolts you could go from low fps auto to high fps semi just by changing the bolts around.

... or have i gotten confused somewhere?

WA selector can be modified to Semi auto as with WE, since KJW uses AR-15 selector system it should work.

You guys think this SPR D-Boys front end would fit?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5719

Check out the larger photo, from what I remember when Ive taken my gun apart the inner barrel looks very similar. No delta ring, at least not the same type as on the stock KJW m4 but looks like it would fit.

How say you?

You guys think this SPR D-Boys front end would fit?

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=5719

Check out the larger photo, from what I remember when Ive taken my gun apart the inner barrel looks very similar. No delta ring, at least not the same type as on the stock KJW m4 but looks like it would fit.

How say you?

It requires minor modification to the barrel, but thats the exact kit I put on my KJW.

It requires minor modification to the barrel, but thats the exact kit I put on my KJW.

Thank you so much for confirming that, I am anxious to start building this monster. Whats the longest inner barrel available, I dont want it to just look like an spr but function more like one, longer inner barrel and more accuracy that is. I know RA Tech only makes a 363mm one, thats the one I have in my existing KJW M4, and a cqb 250 something. How long is the one t_hum makes? and since you've already done this how much of the outer does the long inner fill up? Does it go all the way to the flash hider? Also what kind of accuracy are you experiencing? What weight bbs?

Thank you so much for confirming that, I am anxious to start building this monster. Whats the longest inner barrel available, I dont want it to just look like an spr but function more like one, longer inner barrel and more accuracy that is. I know RA Tech only makes a 363mm one, thats the one I have in my existing KJW M4, and a cqb 250 something. How long is the one t_hum makes? and since you've already done this how much of the outer does the long inner fill up? Does it go all the way to the flash hider? Also what kind of accuracy are you experiencing? What weight bbs?

T-Hum can make you any length barrel that Madbull produces. I had a 503mm one (which is M16 length). It stuck out from the flash hider a couple millimeters, so I put an OPS suppressor on it.

Since I don't order from the states, I'm going to make my PDI barrel to fit. First I'll try with a deepfire.

I recon my M4 starts to shoot better and better, I don't know how... I bought it and it was like pure ######. Now, 1k rounds later, it shoots like a dream! Nice recoil, nice sound, nice range. It deffinately needs some shooting in.

So I have been bitten by the GBB bug again, which has me wishing I had never sold my KJW M4... hindsight aside, can I get a run down of what is new for the latest KJW? By new, I mean does this rifle now come with plastic receivers etc. I purchased mine shortly after the original 300 serial numbered units had finished beta, and most all fix-its had been employed. Is the new KJW still the most reliable platform on the market? Or has the quality and reliability slipped in the last 6-months?

Since I don't order from the states, I'm going to make my PDI barrel to fit. First I'll try with a deepfire.

I recon my M4 starts to shoot better and better, I don't know how... I bought it and it was like pure ######. Now, 1k rounds later, it shoots like a dream! Nice recoil, nice sound, nice range. It deffinately needs some shooting in.

If you feel up to the task, go for it. Though I will say its going to be a real chore without a lathe. Im not saying that to garner business but because it is a operation that demands precision.