• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Anyone know if the recoil tube is commercial or mil spec type? I am going to buy a magpul moe stock to complete my magpul look but dont know which buffer tube style it uses.

And oh yeah, for some reason in oder to get the moe foregrip on I had to take off the front sight and then slide it back on with the top of the grip in place. pistol grip was also a little tight.

Edited by gasrifles
Don't remember reading this when I read this thread, but does the recoil compare to a WA when you get the metal buffer weight or is it still in between the WA m4 and WE m4. Sorry if this has been answered before.

Doesn't hit as hard recoil wise as the WA - But Does Hit Harder recoil wise than the WE,,,

Anyone know if the recoil tube is commercial or mil spec type? I am going to buy a magpul moe stock to complete my magpul look but dont know which buffer tube style it uses.

And oh yeah, for some reason in oder to get the moe foregrip on I had to take off the front sight and then slide it back on with the top of the grip in place. pistol grip was also a little tight.

I'm using the MILSPEC CTR and it fits slightly loose, but still locks down with the stock lock latch,,,

AMADEM,

I took the gun out today and skirmished it with only 2 mags - the gun held up great!

The magazines were a different story, I had the same issue as well, until I took the tops off, lubed the valves and everything is good again.

118 Magazine Reloads and they finally needed lubing and are still running fine now! Very impressed with the design I must say.

Being here in Arizona and running the redi-mag with the Magpul BAD Lever I was just letting the empty mag fall into the fine Arizona sand while quickly loading the 2nd magazine. The mags don't like fine sand I'll say that. But after a couple of minutes of TLC I was back in business.

I think a good rule is to check / clean, lube the mags after 50 reloads. I went over 100 reloads but everyone here knows I am beating this gun with all I have and it keeps running.

New Development:

Lost the pin that holds my bolt stop to the lower receiver- No idea when I lost it or where it went. Very odd size as it is larger that 3/32" but smaller than 1/8". It is larger than 2.5mm but smaller than 3.0mm. So now I am stuck using a cotter pin for the time being until I can come up with a solution. Verified bolt stop operation with cotter pin and it is working fine. Bolt locks back after last round fired and I'm very happy to have the redi-mag and BAD Lever on the gun as they completely hide the fact there is a cotter pin in play. Otherwise I'd be working on the issue quick fast and in a hurry!

New Development:

Lost the pin that holds my bolt stop to the lower receiver- No idea when I lost it or where it went. Very odd size as it is larger that 3/32" but smaller than 1/8". It is larger than 2.5mm but smaller than 3.0mm. So now I am stuck using a cotter pin for the time being until I can come up with a solution. Verified bolt stop operation with cotter pin and it is working fine. Bolt locks back after last round fired and I'm very happy to have the redi-mag and BAD Lever on the gun as they completely hide the fact there is a cotter pin in play. Otherwise I'd be working on the issue quick fast and in a hurry!

Lol... so yeah, my one way to get a KJW died two days ago. The gears decided to break... I now have to buy my friends ICS for 200 dollars. I upgraded it already so it's not going to break on me like the "steel" gears from Guarder....

Did anyone get any confirmation from kjw or a tracking number when they ordered parts?

Also RedWolf Airsoft now stocks the KJW m4 as the KJ Tanio Koba M4

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=27629

And they have a 363mm twist barrel for it. Looks nice, too bad they are out of stock....maybe for christmas......

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=24045

From what I've read, the hammer mech and everything else is different completely different from the WA system.

I ordered mine from Uncompany, it's cheaper than other retailers when you calculate the 8% discount for using paypal. (Save around 20USD)

A little rant, for some reason, USPS likes to F--- with me every time I order from overseas. My KJ M4 was suppose to arrive today but they decided to hold onto it. (stating that a notice was left b/c no one was home... I was home, and there was no notice) Now the earliest I can pick it up is on Wednesday b/c of my full schedule tomorrow. ARG. (sorry, but gotta tell somebody >_<)

Anyone here think it would be possible to modify one of those RAtech burst trigger sets for these guns? Actually, what kind of trigger sets does this gun use. Is it specific, or can it use a WA? I must have missed that as well reading it if it was mentioned.

NO - Not At All Possible - Different Design Altogether,,,

Did anyone get any confirmation from kjw or a tracking number when they ordered parts?

Also RedWolf Airsoft now stocks the KJW m4 as the KJ Tanio Koba M4

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=27629

And they have a 363mm twist barrel for it. Looks nice, too bad they are out of stock....maybe for christmas......

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=24045

That is the KJW M4 made for export, the 'Official' Tanio Koba rifle will be ready at the end of next month for Japan and Taiwan Only,,,

Thanks both you guys. Is it similar to any designs?

Also, does anyone think that Airsplat has more with serial numbers? I don't want to take the risk of getting one of the other ones just because I don't feel like going through the hassle of ordering the two other parts for the more dwell time. I can machine my own metal buffer on my lathe, but is there anything other than the spring?

Thanks.

I read the thread for this, I saw that buffer spring, the stopper, and mention of a magazine spring, but is that important?

Thanks both you guys. Is it similar to any designs?

Also, does anyone think that Airsplat has more with serial numbers? I don't want to take the risk of getting one of the other ones just because I don't feel like going through the hassle of ordering the two other parts for the more dwell time. I can machine my own metal buffer on my lathe, but is there anything other than the spring?

Thanks.

I read the thread for this, I saw that buffer spring, the stopper, and mention of a magazine spring, but is that important?

You're Welcome -

I ordered mine from Airsplat and it came with a serial #. As mentioned above though call them and verify you are getting one with no serial # to be sure.

The guns with serial #s need the new - heavier - metal buffer complete with new stronger tension buffer spring. The 2nd spring that arrives with the warranty parts is the magazine spring. It is MUCH Stronger and is needed to positively actuate the bolt stop,,,,

I just got my recall parts today. I received 1 metal buffer tube, 1 buffer spring, 2 magazine spring, 2 piston cup, and a nozzle. With the metal buffer tube and buffer spring installed, my bolt catches every time now. I did not install the magazine spring, because I have never disassemble a gbb magazine before, so I am probably going to hold it off for now. It is working without the magazine spring anyway.

With the new metal buffer tube and spring, the recoil was much more and louder. It is a good thing and a bad thing, because it is going to increase the wear.

If you get the gun, before you shoot, oil the piston cup first. That will increase the lifespan of the cup.

Ok, thanks guys, again. If I get the gun, I will do all the listed maintenance and see what I can do about a serial if anything. Eh, so many places to order from. This is becoming a hard choice.

Also, are the inner barrel components easy to shift to precise spots? I think its the best option for a gas based dmr seeing as it uses VSR barrel and hop up.

Edited by phantomwarrior

I ordered my M4 and 5 spare mags last thursday from WGC, including shipping the cost came to $570. Not too bad i thought, but they still haven't shipped it, which they said they had, and now they're showing the M4 as out of stock.

Sorry, just this second i looked at my WGC order and its been given a tracking number. Huzzah!

Edited by SwatMP5man
Does that include shipping?

Mine was $342.20 with the 7.5% discount from airsoftsplat.

Yea, the 340.88 USD includes the shipping. I plan to get Stanag magazines if KJ releases them so I didn't get any extra magazines. I'm sure if I order extra mags, the total price will be higher.

That is the KJW M4 made for export, the 'Official' Tanio Koba rifle will be ready at the end of next month for Japan and Taiwan Only,,,

Yeah, I know its the export model. Just letting everyone know that they now stock it. They didn't before. I've got to say that REDWOLF is probably the best Hong Kong Retail with EhobbyAsia running a close second as far as price and selection and service go.