Hey guys. My V2 bolt broke a little while ago, so I'm looking to get a V1. My question is: can I get a V1 bolt from KJW themselves? I know they discontinued the V1 rifles, so maybe they stopped making the bolts as well.

I emailed them 2 times so far and haven't gotten a response.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Im not aware if KJW is selling V1 bolts anymore.

However, I do know that testing of our new BCG which is akin to the v1 TK design is going very well. Ill post some pictures and video of prototype #2 within the week.

If our suppliers pull through on a few of the small parts (custom springs, pins, etc) we should be on target for 30-45 day release.

Sure, I can give some basic specs:

-Made from 6061-T6 domestically sourced (Alcoa) barstock. We will go to 7075 if our long term tests show unsuitable wear. (We consider 50,000 rounds long term).

-Type III Hard coat black anodize. Wear marks/lines should be greatly reducer over the stock painted carriers.

-Optimized geometry in high wear areas to minimize distortion/wear/collisions common on the stock design.

-Uses Cradle Airsoft Piston and Velocity reducer. Stock V1 or V2 floating valve may be used but stock piston is NOT compatible.

-Comes with our new nylon reinforced band.

-Carrier extension is built in so no more broken lowers from the old V1 design carriers.

-Weight comparable to stock V1 carrier. Good balance of ROF, recoil, and gas efficiency.

-Last but not least, designed and machined in house at our own facility in the USA. Every piece that goes out will be personally inspected by myself.

Two models will be available:

Model 1 - Carrier and band minus reducer and piston for players with upgraded V1 bolts already

Model 2 - Complete drop in carrier with band, piston, and reducer included. Likely for V2 gun owners who want to move to a V1 design for better reliability/performance. Also an option for guys who want a second carrier for CQB/outdoors and run it at a set velocity rather than do adjustments between game types.

If i had to judge by our initial testing of the latest prototype Id say these carriers are going to be absolute juggernauts that will outlive pretty much every other part of the gun.

Edited by t_hum
  • Like 1

Yeah, we have a very close idea of what our costs are going to be and what we hope to retail it at. I still need final pricing on a couple of parts from a supplier or two and would prefer to keep pricing close to my chest until I get final POs taken care of.

Im definitely getting that bolt t hum! I will need a velocity reducer within a month and this sounds like the perfect upgrade!

Side note: anyone know where i can get the front receiver pin (Receiver Pivot Pin, part 58) and its take down pin detent and spring (part 67 and 77.)?

i lost the detent when the rifle was brand new and after several games, i finally lost the pin... I emailed kjw, but they aren't answering.... :(

I need this! Maybe there is a way to retrofit a regular AEG or GBB pin? Any help will be greatly appreciated guys... Maybe a homemade reliable solution for now?

Also, im thinking of getting a 10.5 inch barrel too... Do you guys think KJW might be able to "hook" me up with those parts too? Anyone selling one?

Landa check your junk mail, KJW replies seem to get filtered as spam.

Nope, looks like KJ still hasn't answered... I'm gonna wait until Friday, a birdie told me they answer on fridays :3

If i don't hear from them by then, i might get RA tech's "Magic Pin" and forget about a CQB outer... Apart from the fact its a front pin replacement (which i really need), my KJ has some wobble, and for 24$ shipped i think its a steal...

Not much info on it on this thread... i heard you need to file it down? Anyone have some experience with it?

Also, I would still be missing the spring and pin detent that hold the original front body pin in place.. I'm guessing i won't need those two things with this pin as it uses an allen key to expand and press the body? it just can't physically come off unless i loosen the screw, right?

T_Hum, keep me in the loop, I'd be down for two, one low power/CQB, one high power. Don't know when I'd use them as it dosen't loOk like I'll touch dry land for the rest of the year...... But I still want 'em!

Edited by frogfish

Also, I would still be missing the spring and pin detent that hold the original front body pin in place.. I'm guessing i won't need those two things with this pin as it uses an allen key to expand and press the body? it just can't physically come off unless i loosen the screw, right?

Mine flew out a little while ago. The tip of a pen and and some small spring that looked about right worked until I found the originals.

Definitely looking forward to being able to pick one up T. Ran my V2 through a training day yesterday, and the damn thing only locked back ONCE through 20 or so mags.

Meant to run my V1 for the day, but walked off w/o swapping it out. Thankfully, she still ran, but it was a PITA not knowing when the mags were empty, and having to rerack each mag...

Hut, on your V2 bolt, the area where its caught by the bolt catch has worn right? Thats why its not catching? About how many shoots does your bolt have?

Could it be possible that not just the bolt is worn bot also the bolt catch? is it steel? its unlikely right? That happened to my WE... Don't wanna relieve nightmares.