• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

CJ,

When I said piston cup I meant loading nozzle. Poor clarity on my part. The nomenclature on the board gets a little confusings sometimes as well all seem to have different names for different parts. We have inteded for the carriers to work with our piston only. The exception would be owners with some of the very early V1 guns that either had serial numbers or were produced in the following 4-6 months after serialized guns were made. These guns had pistons without the 4 tangs on the backside for alignment. We handle alignment with a flatheat bolt instead on the new carrier so the pistons are self-centering.

Hut, one of the major reason why the bolt does not lock using V2 bolt is the part number M6 in the magazine. It is the lever the pushes the bolt stop. I noticed that the newer magazine have smaller part number M6.

If you have your older magazine that came when you bought your rifle. Compare that magazine to the newer one, you will notice that the newer magazine have much shorter M6 in height, thus it does not push the bolt stop to the maximum. Which is also the cause of premature wear of your bolt carrier.

Solution:

1. Disassemble the magazine

2. Add height to that part of M6 using metal epoxy

3. Reassemble the magazine.

This will solve your bolt lock problem. (that is if your bolt is not yet totally busted on the part where it hits the bolt stop.)

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Thanks for the tips guys! It turns out that it actually was something completely different than the issues you all have mentioned.

Apparently, the v2 bolt catch and the v1 bolt carrier don't play nicely. Upon closer inspection, there was a small metal shaving that was hanging onto the bolt where the v2 catch had been rubbing it that was preventing the bolt from locking back. Once I removed the burr, the bolt started to catch appropriately again. Of course I swapped the v1 catch back in to avoid the issue altogether.

All that said, I'm definitely looking forward to getting my hands on the Cradle BCG!!!

Edited by Hut73

yea KJW isn't replying to me either >:( Anyways, i was trying to sleep the other night and something bugged me...

T hum, your new bolt is based on the V1's, right? will V2 lowers work with it no problem? as its my understanding that the buffer and bolt catch are different? Same with the magazines?

Also, having it machined out of nice aluminum, will other parts, like the trigger components begging to prematurely show wear? (i have been ruining my KJ for a while, and the only thing that shows any wear is the bolt at this point... i would like to keep it that way, as its an easy replacement.)

Landa,

The bolt is roughly based on the V1 yes. Its quite a bit different in some areas and very similar in others. We tried to take the best parts and keep those and address a few issues along the way.

Yes, these will be v2 gun compatible. The V2's have a different bolt catch and buffer. Its not my understanding that the mags are any different. Someone correct me if Im wrong but Ive only ever seen and handled one type of magazine. We have testers testing the carriers extensively in a variety of gun configurations so we can identify any incompatibilities and fix them before release.

Our alloy selection is based on several factors but the biggest has been finding a material that will wear well while not wearing out surrounding parts. We think that the 6061-T6 is a good choice when coupled with a hard anodized finish. Again this is something that will either be proven out in testing or shown to be an area that needs attention. Alloy changes are no big deal and won't affect our timeline much for release.

I guess the short of it is this: We are going to release something that works well and works for the largest number of people possible. We really appreciate the support the community has given us and so we feel obligated to keep providing good quality stuff from the start rather than make our customers guinea pigs with their hard earned cash.

T

Edited by t_hum

Hey guys, i bought a couple of magazines from Airsplat and something fishy is going with one of them... notice in the middle magazine the silver tab that pushes on the bolt stop rests much lower than all my other magazines:

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7556/imagejrh.jpg

What do you think of this? Should i contact Airsplat? or fix it myself? from looking at the manual, i can't see if its an easy fix? has anyone had this problem before? Maybe i just need it break in a bit?

Also, when i move the tab that selects "black fire mode" and the regular mode, i hear a load spring noise.. and i can't seem to fully load the 30-32 rds into the mag, stops at around 20... maybe it was badly assembled?

Maybe in the future we can take a look at doing something like that provided there is enough demand. These carriers, however, wont come with a charging handle.

Ive got a question for the group here:

Has anybody tested Version 1 carriers in Version 2 guns? Did you have any issues?

I know Hut posted last week that he had some sort of issue with his V1 carrier in a V2 gun. I have a V1 rifle with a set of V2 parts (catch and buffer) we use for testing. I haven't seen any unusual wear or interferences between any of these parts. In fact I took detailed measurements of the V2 catch vs the V1 and they are dimensionally identical in all but one area which should have absolutely no bearing on contact spots. In fact, it might even reduce the risk of contact. Just wanting to get some feedback from anybody as this plays into our long term carrier testing.

(I have edited this... I made assumptions prematurely and i get confused easily.. I'm pretty sure on the final edit though.)

Ok! If you guys see my last post... I was having problems with one mag, where the silver tab that actuates the bolt catch wasn't going all the way up?

Well, CJ and Hut where discussing later on how newer mags have a shorter one, part M6, well, this is true.

However, it was hard to tell at the beginning... I bought 2 mags from Airsplat. On one, the silver tab barely whent up and it wasn't enough to engage the bolt catch at all. Its the one in the middle of this picture:

img0665wo.jpg

This caused me to take it apart. At first, i thought i was looking at a faulty part. This is because the other magazine i bought from Airsplat would engage the bolt catch.. but if you read on, you will see its still shorter nonetheless. (its the one all the way on the left in the pic above... the silver tab does go as high as the rest, but again, its shorter.)

Now if you want to know which of the two mag "versions" you have, look at this part of the mag where you can see the silvery part M6. If it has a sharp edge, its the older one... No edge, but curvy, its new... both of my Airsplat mags where like this, "New type". (Left is old, right is new... notice it has no scratches yet from rubbing with the magwell :) )

img0704n.jpg

Closer look at part M6: Old is left, Right is New

img0698nn.jpg

img0699xn.jpg

Notice one has a full circle while the other (and all my other mags) have a half cut circle.

Anyways, i begun to file down the part M6 from the REALLY faulty "new" magazine, which had both the shorter part M6 and also wouldn't even push it all the way up.

img0703f.jpg

When i was done, it would go as high as the other "New" mag, and the older mags. However, its not high enough because the tab isn't long enough, you can clearly see from that picture that the tab on the new M6's is shorter.

So my guess is in order to get these "new" magazines to be both as high and as long as the older ones you need to file them down AND get some JB weld or epoxy and add the few millimeters missing.

I don't know why one of my "new" mags tab wouldn't go as high as the others... But filing it fixed it... If anyone buys more mags, ill probably be the "new" type. Check if they go all the way up, file them if they don't... and on all new mags add the JB weld/ epoxy to get them to the right length, specially if you have a V1 bolt.

Edited by Landa

Ive got a question for the group here:

Has anybody tested Version 1 carriers in Version 2 guns? Did you have any issues?

I know Hut posted last week that he had some sort of issue with his V1 carrier in a V2 gun. I have a V1 rifle with a set of V2 parts (catch and buffer) we use for testing. I haven't seen any unusual wear or interferences between any of these parts. In fact I took detailed measurements of the V2 catch vs the V1 and they are dimensionally identical in all but one area which should have absolutely no bearing on contact spots. In fact, it might even reduce the risk of contact. Just wanting to get some feedback from anybody as this plays into our long term carrier testing.

T, my gun is actually a v1. I happened to be using the v2 bolt catch, w/ the other v1 parts in it(bcg, & piston) if it makes a difference.

Edited by Hut73

I cant believe I didnt find this topic sooner lols. How has the V2 bolt been? Any differences?

Its about time considering how often I alone have mentioned it in the gasguns forums... That said, your first assignment is to read the last 50 pages of this thread before you're allowed to ask any questions ;-P

Dont have too ha ha :P Landa's been filling me in lols. Also heres a question, due to me being stupid with taking about my gun I bent my right hammer spring prong slightly, think it will effect the guns performence? I plan on getting a new one from KJW, they said they were going to send me an invoice, but a week has passed with on reply T_T