Just did an indoors test on fps on my chrono. Converted from meters/sec to feet/sec. (Note: both cans are almost empty so I could only get a half a mag of shots out of them)

70 Degrees F, UHC GG, Tokyo Marui .20g bbs

70 Degrees F, Duster gas (clean Dr / difluoroethane), Tokyo Marui .20g bbs

---------------------------------------

Interesting note, with the flashider off, an outer layer of the outer barrel can be taken off. There's a hole on top of that section, which could suggest that a pin or screw holds it in place under the front sight.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Great, thats really good, thanks Mr Treble. I could probably expect all the other gas m4's to perform in a similar way. Now i know this isnt really the place, but some of you may know anyway. If i were to get an adjustable buffer, how exactly does this work? does it work in a siimilar way to an npas? Will this help to lower the wear on my gun if im using it with green gas, and use this to lower the fps? Thanks Guys

Dom S - look back a few pages, stickyittoyou has listed prices and sites for all the places that sells the KJ M4.

And these haven't seem to "hit" the market yet because it just came out a few months ago. Give it some time, and you should see it hit sky high. Remember, the WA and WE systems came out last year, and problems still appear left and right.

Stickyittoyou - I don't think they would put up a review like that. It would do damage to their WE, WA, Inokatsu, and AGM sales if everyone bought a KJ instead of the others. At least from a business standpoint, that wouldn't be very wise to do.

Wait... I listed prices?! lol... wrong person it was SPEED= <- He get's the credit

AHHh Correction on my part. I think the AATV guys on youtube should then. :P That will get the people riled up.

Found this on Youtube. A REVIEW! YAY!... in ENGLISH!

Edited by stickyittoyou

Sorry, it was phantomwarrior. =)

And yes, AATV should definitely do a vid on it. I find the vids done by the guys at redwolf hard to watch at times. Too much references to you know what, and I'd be damned if the main guy actually talks like that in life. Video editing needs some work as well. =P

------------

The one point I have to say about the KJ is the pins that hold the internals together are not as tight as they could be. You could even push some of them out with a toothpick. The takedown rear pin has gotten looser, but still need something to push it out. Other than that, I am definitely impressed with this KJ M4. I have gone through over 300 rounds and no problems thus yet (though the reason could be the fact that I keep mine well lubricated at all times)

Sorry, it was phantomwarrior. =)

And yes, AATV should definitely do a vid on it. I find the vids done by the guys at redwolf hard to watch at times. Too much references to you know what, and I'd be damned if the main guy actually talks like that in life. Video editing needs some work as well. =P

------------

The one point I have to say about the KJ is the pins that hold the internals together are not as tight as they could be. You could even push some of them out with a toothpick. The takedown rear pin has gotten looser, but still need something to push it out. Other than that, I am definitely impressed with this KJ M4. I have gone through over 300 rounds and no problems thus yet (though the reason could be the fact that I keep mine well lubricated at all times)

Totally, yeah that review I found

it's from a Canadian Store... so GOOD NEWS CANADA! YOU GET THE KJW M4 available to you SOON! :D
Great, thats really good, thanks Mr Treble. I could probably expect all the other gas m4's to perform in a similar way. Now i know this isnt really the place, but some of you may know anyway. If i were to get an adjustable buffer, how exactly does this work? does it work in a siimilar way to an npas? Will this help to lower the wear on my gun if im using it with green gas, and use this to lower the fps? Thanks Guys

No need for the adjustable buffer, spend your money on something useful like more mags and green gas. The buffer for the KJW\TK M4 is specific to this system and ALL Other buffers will not fit as they are too large.

This is listed on the TK Website as something Tanio Koba insisted on. In his own words he stated he wanted a brass sleeve for better wear and more lubricity properties of the brass tube on steel buffer (YES the buffer is Steel) for added reliability during cycles. He also went on to prove this during his testing and didn't stop until he hit his target of 10,000 rounds of trouble free operation. Interesting thing to note: Tanio Koba used the same round count for the BCG assembly testing as well.

I'm beating a dead horse here but it needs to be stated - You Buy The KJW\TK M4 For The Design and Reliability Of The Action - Get In The Game - Stay In The Game,,,

Hey Raven1, remember you said there's a screw in the buffer tube that might come loose. Is it underneath the buffer tube, a tiny one? Or is there another one?

Yep, underneath the buffer tube - the tiny one. That's the only one that is exposed once you slide the stock all the way off.

That little guy came loose on me every once and a while until a little vibra-tite was used on it. Screw is staying put for now,,,

Hi Raven1, Donut, Amadem, and all! Thanks for the review and sharing your experiences.

After some deep research, I ordered a KJ M4 for $375 and hope to get one within this week. Until now i still love my WE m4 very much, after using it for almost 9 months with around 8000 bbs, i spent only $50 for replacement parts, Co2 Kit and charging handle. After changing the broken brass nozle with the Co2 Kit the result of fps is quite consistent at 540-545, and the bb's fly path is also impresive.

Previously i plan to buy another WE M4 but with marking (HK Version) or WOC RAS but then i decided to better buy KJ/TK m4 after reviewing this thread thoroughly.

Edited by Break100
Hi Raven1, Donut, Amadem, and all! Thanks for the review and sharing your experiences.

After some deep research, I ordered a KJ M4 for $375 and hope to get one within this week. Until now i still love my WE m4 very much, after using it for almost 9 months with around 8000 bbs, i spent only $50 for replacement parts, Co2 Kit and charging handle. After changing the broken brass nozle with the Co2 Kit the result of fps is quite consistent at 540-545, and the bb's fly path is also impresive.

Previously i plan to buy another WE M4 but with marking (HK Version) or WOC RAS but then i decided to better buy KJ/TK m4 after reviewing this thread thoroughly.

Well I'm glad that you came to the conclusion. I have yet to buy one, but I WILL in the near future. At first I wanted to get into the whole entire "Buy a lower end WA, upgrade it; and THERE! I have a working awesome gun for ... however many shots" I soon came to realize that it wasn't worth it; roughly 400 dollars in upgrade parts just goes beyond how much the gun is really worth... and just by the parts being in does not up the quality.

Gah, now I am debating selling my kitted out VFC SR16 iws to get one of these, or at least a later one with trades. It looks so promising.

Lol, good luck with that! :D I'm thinking about selling my ICS to get one of these, but I still need an AEG just in-case something fails. (WHICH WILL MOST LIKELY BE MY SKILLS!... not the gun)

Edited by stickyittoyou
Well I'm glad that you came to the conclusion. I have yet to buy one, but I WILL in the near future. At first I wanted to get into the whole entire "Buy a lower end WA, upgrade it; and THERE! I have a working awesome gun for ... however many shots" I soon came to realize that it wasn't worth it; roughly 400 dollars in upgrade parts just goes beyond how much the gun is really worth... and just by the parts being in does not up the quality.

Lol, good luck with that! :D I'm thinking about selling my ICS to get one of these, but I still need an AEG just in-case something fails. (WHICH WILL MOST LIKELY BE MY SKILLS!... not the gun)

Oh of course. I still have my new Cyma CM 50 for the colder days, but this rifle seems so promising. As much as I would hate to give aaway my baby, I would love to have a reliable gbb m4. I had a WE before, but it was taking a lot of work to get reliable.

Good timing on the question Kai Wolf ^_^

From Airsoftnews.eu

Tanio Koba: M4 GBB is coming! When first announced, Tanio Koba's GBB M4 generated a lot of buzz. Apparently KJW's version was basically a testbed platform. Koba's version will be available mid March 2010, and will feature adjustable HopUp, negative pressure valve system and several other interesting features. Basic data: lenght 782 mm, weight 3000g, magazine capacity 38 BBs.. Price is set at 73,290 YEN (560.47 EUR).

That's 816.895 USD !!! Seems like there will be trademarks on it from the looks of the pic on airsoftnews.

Good timing on the question Kai Wolf ^_^

From Airsoftnews.eu

Tanio Koba: M4 GBB is coming! When first announced, Tanio Koba's GBB M4 generated a lot of buzz. Apparently KJW's version was basically a testbed platform. Koba's version will be available mid March 2010, and will feature adjustable HopUp, negative pressure valve system and several other interesting features. Basic data: lenght 782 mm, weight 3000g, magazine capacity 38 BBs.. Price is set at 73,290 YEN (560.47 EUR).

That's 816.895 USD !!! Seems like there will be trademarks on it from the looks of the pic on airsoftnews.

NPAS.... HAH! T_HUM! Let's see your first.

Perhaps that price is just an estimate, with a huge margin of error. I think you're paying that price for the trademarks more than anything. The current M4 runs so well already, I wonder what "interesting features" other than the NPAS.

It's almost as much as an inokatsu, but it comes with a magazine (inokatsu doesn't) and it can go thousands of rounds on GG without failing, the price is justifiable-ish.

This reminds me of the KSC Glock series, with some labled "Japan version" and some "Taiwan version". I have owned several "Taiwan version"s KSC Glocks, and they work the same as the "Japan version", so I don't see a reason spending the extra 50 or so bucks just to get that "version". I think it's almost the same in this case with the M4.

Trademarks are a must on my pistols, but for rifles, I don't even notice the trademarks (or lack of them).

NPAS.... HAH! T_HUM! Let's see your first.

Still waiting for parts from KJW (through Raven1). Ive been making a new chromoly BCG for the WA system this week. However, as soon as I have what I need in hand Ill put that on the back burner. Shouldnt take me more than an afternoon to make the parts and see if they work.

After buying a second hand AGM to serve as the testbed for that project its amazing how back they suck compared the the TK design. At times I want to say to myself, "This stinks, I shouldn't even be bothering", but I do because the challenge to make the platform usable is just too tempting.

Edited by t_hum

Hey guys, I know it may have been asked before, but I am only asking to be sure. What would be a recommended RIS rail for the KJW to make an old school sopmod block 1 type? (Aimpoint, stock sight blade, ect). I dont have the money to spend on a new barrel with the block 2 style ris and so I figured Ide sell my King Arms CQT sight and go for an aimpoint. I wanted a block 1 rail system that wouldnt wobble. Anyone have any experience there? Also, is there any way for a buffer tube sling adapter to be installed? I read somewhere on the forum that it couldnt be done so far.

Edited by Kai_Wolf

Isamu - I agree, unless the "interesting features" includes realistic recoil, ability to use red gas, and make you go deaf unless wearing ear protection, that price tag is too high. Or maybe the NPAS can adjust from 100fps - 600fps on duster. :D

Anyone whose looking at the KJ M4 but hesitant, you guys could wait. I mean, there is bound to be some good stuff coming out for it by early next year. Anyone seen the vid of the AK47 GBB that was shot by Tanio Koba? I would like to see that one come out soon. If that is anything like this M4, there is a lot of money to be made (since the GHK one is kinda rubbish)