Charging handles are something we discussed in our last meeting. Its certainly something we can do but it will have to wait until the carriers are done. We cant support too many concurrent R&D projects for Cradle while we have the work load we do for our other business.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Update: After running some mags through it loosely tuning the hop-up I can say that Im happy with the tdc mod. I can easily overhop the 30g bbs I use in it. I notice that some of the bbs still curve off to the left and right but I can't say for sure if thats the wind or the fps doing that. Its far more accurate than its ever been and far more predictable. Only thing left for me to do is get some furniture for this thing, and fine tune the hop-up for the farthest and most accurate distance. Thanks again T-Hum you make quality products man.

Im trying to get my head around why would KJW change their mag design... making the silver tab thinner.. I'm already getting some wear on my brand new bolt after 10 mag dumps...

it has to be the mags (5 of my 7 mags are the new design, with the thinner silver tab.) as i have no receiver gab or wobble (magic pin) and the bolt catch is in near new condition.

img0716fa.jpg

In fact, even the springs these mags have are shorter and all cooked, making the springy noise i was talking of earlier, unlike older ones which are perfectly straight and beautiful...

img0718kn.jpg

why do you guys think they did these changes? better compatibility with v2's? I'm running all V2 and having problems!

Landa,

That is what I posted couple of page back, thanks for the picture for better understanding of readers here. =)

What you need to do is to add metal epoxy on it to ensure it can push the bolt stop to its maximum contact with the Bolt carrier ;)

See what I did in mine in the picture below. Left is the first version, second to the left is the new version which I modified with metal epoxy:

DSC02436.jpg

Cj, when you did this mod, did you put a huge chunk of epoxy and then file-d it down to the correct dimensions or did you shape it as it dried?

Edit: also, does this happen to those using the old mags with the thick silver tab and V2 bolts?

img0723q.jpg

img0722ow.jpg

It seems the middle area of the bolt catch grabs the nozzle's before it can return to its position? Happens almost all the time with the old mags....

I know KJW changed the bolt catch design, as this: (got the pic from someone here...)

20j39cx.jpg

But it wasn't enough to fix the problem, as the bolt catch was still grabbing the nozzle... so they changed the mags so it wouldn't push the bolt catch so high? Lol, the effect was heavy wear on the BCG from the tiny bolt cath engagement area.

V2, what a failure... should have just reinforced the receiver tabs and lengthened the carrier, thats all. Once T hums v1 style bolt is out, I'm gonna epoxy one of my bolt catch to V1 dimensions.... and have my gun pretty much to V1 spec.

Edited by Landa

Just figured out what I did wrong, turns out I had the auto sear spring in the wrong place. My Auto works like a charm now, but my new loading nozzle has some spare between part #9 and the inside of the loading nozzle itself. Does this hurt gas consumption, consistency or anything? Should I get a cradle O-Ring piston to fix this or not? Part #9 on my piston is from RA-Tech and has barely barely notacable wear even after over 10,000 shots through it. I say shots since I dry fire my M4 too.

As much as I am a fan for KJW due to their performance / material to price ratio, they really have to sort out their finishing techniques... their choice for anodising means everything looks like a toy, I can't believe that barrel is steel and they covered it with that finish....

The blue loctite you can move the parts the red loctite fixes them in place. The blue comes in a stick form which is handy for rubbing on threads as it doesn't run where you don't want it.

But if you put it on thread and then adjust the screw for tdc mod, then it would get dry before you can get the desired hop right?

Finally going to take my KJW M4 out this weekend. Took me 4 MONTHS to get everything I needed, but I finally have it all. Going to Airsoft Extreme today to chrono and get a couple more items. Heading to Mike Force Airsoft for those of you wondering. PM me if your near that field and I will try to team up with ya. First time going there and its this weekend on Sunday.

I'm busy tomorrow but I usually help out and play at ARC (where I'm pretty sure Mike Force is having their game) so let me know next time you head out there. It's a very cool field. Do you know if you'll be playing with or against Mike Force? If you need someone to team up with, you can find my team there, S.T.A.R.T. and tell them you ran into "Kenny" on the arniesairsoft forums. McJags is the team captain (you probably can't miss him, otherwise just ask Dave, the guy who runs the field) and you can PM me for more info.

I ran my KJW M4 there last time I played and it was awesome. Can't wait to play again now that I got the TDC mod. Thanks T_hum!!

Gotcha man, been stressing all day getting my gear set. I have noticed 2 of my mags seem to be making a slight slight minute hissing noise from the output valve where the striker hits. Think one of the gas gun valve tools would fix the problem by tightening it up? Also its my first time out there and we are moving to SoCal soon so likely will hit some fields there too. If any of you guys go look for a guy with a Save Phace, with a fro and a patch that says HOTD on his chest. Thats me :P haha. Will try to take some vid of my rig soon.