Sign in to follow this  
Donut

KJW M4

You'll need the V2 piece that goes between the lugs and holds the hop arm in place as its narrower to account for the wider lugs.

Could you specify which part number is that?

Thanks for replying Cj. Im currently ordering new parts from kjw, in the mean time I'll stick to the ziptie. Anyone else have any inputs regarding prevention of upper receiver breakage or the magic pin? Thanks.

I've got g&p magic pin.. it's a little bit longer (maybe 1-1.5mm then the original pin) but it fits nice and does the job.. well, it did for me, don't know why it wouldn't do the trick anywhere else

I've got g&p magic pin.. it's a little bit longer (maybe 1-1.5mm then the original pin) but it fits nice and does the job.. well, it did for me, don't know why it wouldn't do the trick anywhere else

So does it reduce tension on the back pin? Like if you tighten the magic pin, and remove the backpin, does the receiver open up like usual or theres noticable friction between the two?

i have RA tech's magic pin... its as long as the stock one, the only thing i had to do is file the head of it a few MM so that it would pass the indentation in the lower receiver where the take down pin detent and spring are housed.

I think it does take of some pressure, but I'm guessing its given to the front tabs, lol. What it does is it pushes the receiver together...

G&P Barrel vs KJW

IMG_3062.JPG

Similar enough from the top to house the hop properly and a grub screw to secure it. My hop was snug in the G&P barrel but I used the grub screw as well.

IMG_3063.JPG

On the bottom you can see the slot to allow clearance for the loading nozzle on the KJW, simply cut this into the G&P barrel the material is soft so its easily done.

IMG_3066.JPG

Tank front end fitted.

IMG_3067.JPG

A V1 bolt dry brushed silver for a metallic look, I was bored waiting for the paint on the upper to dry.

IMG_3068.JPG

AEG tank stock modified to fit securely over the brass buffer tube. This took ages with a dremel.

Overall I'm pleased with how this little project has come on, it started as a very tired V1 rifle lots of marks and scratches, poorly maintained, missing pin detents plenty of slop. But now its getting there will hopefully get to play a game on Tuesday with it to see how it performs. Complete with mag it's still just lighter than the stock rifle with no mag. Currently shooting 324 with a stock valve with a spare shim and o-ring from my CQB's cradle reducer. Was lucky enough to get a cradle piston off a mate who'd ordered it in error for his V2.

• Like 1

hey guys, ik stupid question, but how can i order a tightbore from thum? i've tried contacting him through cradle before with no reply.

Tim, I just sent you an email. It usually takes me 48 hours on the weekend to reply.

Anyone has any idea how long is the stock cqbr version inner barrel length?

I forgot to include the outer diameter of the inner barrel. If anyone could help me measure the length and outer diameter of the stock inner barrel for cqbr, it will help a lot, I lost mine :( thanks in advance.

hello again, another question. since t_hum is out of stock for the madbull barrel, i was wondering if the kj could take kc 02 barrels. if not, does anyone know where i can find a 363mm barrel in stock?

Aaaaaarrrrrggghhh first run out with the tank and it was shooting great till the bolt jammed in the buffer tube, seems that the x ring on the cradle piston had swollen and the nozzle wouldn't go over it. Odd my other is great, T have you upped the x ring size slightly?

Weekenny how log did it take you to do the Tank stock? Did you just bore it out to fit over the buffer tube? I kind of want to do the same thing and make a Honey Badger looking cqb gun.

Yeah same lube as the other one. Which is fine, perhaps not enough tho since this one was is new. Will have a proper look first chance I get.

It took a couple of hours with a dremel to take out enough material to get it over the brass tube. Drilled and tapped the under side for a grub screw to help secure it. I put a bit of locktite on it too. The G&P outer buffer tube the just slipped on over the brass one with no mods.

Hello

I have an M4 KJW V2 that i buyed it 3 months ago, and shot about 500 bbs and now i have a problem with the Nozzle Recoil Spring, the spire that holds the nub its borken, for the moment i took out another spire and i made it work, for the second time, because happend already after 300 bbs shot, can you please tell me where i can find an original Nozzle Recoil Spring, or if the Prowin or Element Recoil Spring for WA is compatible?

Thank you all.

Edited by Alex Ispas

It has to be bought from KJW themselves, but don't worry about it, you can use it without a nozzle return spring. I used mine a whole day, almost 1,000 thousand rounds without it, no problem... i don't know what the long term effect could be.