• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Thanks Weekenny, I will look into this when I get my uppers back. Now that I know it should, I just have to figure out what the problem is on my end. The charging handle was stopping a few millimeters away from the charging handle lock point on the upper. I had to push it slightly to complete the lock up. I wonder if I have my bands on the bolt assembly correctly?    

The biggest part of the  problem was just my just accepting what it was doing without looking into it any further. I will clean, lube and check for any points of contact etc.  that may be keeping the charging handle from closing all the way. Since both of mine are doing this, and they should not be, I must be doing something wrong in common with  both in the way of lube, assembly etc.  I am red faced, but it has to be operator error.   

If you're running a V1 KJW/TK your problem might be the rubber belt not seating properly. The charging handle rocks back, but does not fully move forward. Used to have when I first disassembled and reassembled my gun.

Until I get everything back I cannot check, but I feel you must be right Nath.  The bolt is going all the way into battery, but the charging handle was just a few millimeters from closing on the lock point.  Both of mine are the V1 model, so the band seating correctly will be the first thing I check.  I am a more than a little red faced over this, but I honestly thought it was just a replica thing.  So I guess one Christmas present I will get is a new (to me) feature on my KJW M4 LOL! :D

Mine is somewhere en-route, can't wait to get it. Was going to show up some of the WA based weapons while I was in Houston. But neither I nor the bolt made the game.

Hut let me know what combination of parts get you the best results, I set my stock bolt up well over two years ago and haven't done anything other than lightly lube it since then (15,000rds + later) so I have completely forgotten everything I used to know about spacer combos ect...

On another note if someone comes across a stripped upper somewhere or knows where to get a spare madbull DD barrel let me know, as my barrel nut is essentially gorilla glued in place as the threads stripped out on it (must have been to excited to notice a cross thread).

Will do Frog. 

I did drop the bcg in the upper, and did a little dry firing, and something is definitely off.  The bolt cycles on semi, but does not on full-auto.  My suspicion is that it's the Hephaestus Charging Handle causing some tolerance issues.  When I have the chance later this week, I'll swap it out w/ the stock KJW, and try again.  I'm at work today, and am leaving tonight for Xmas w/ the family.  I'll break it down again, and go over the whole thing w/ a fine tooth comb to make sure it's set up well before I try again.

I just got my v1+ bolt. I haven't installed it yet but i noticed the hole in that the charging handle pole goes through is not alligned. IE the top portion of the piston cup and the back part of the bolt do not properly allign. What is the best way to reallign them? Seems like the piston is not centered. .

1)Loosen piston screw, asseble bolt competely. Tighten the piston screw.

2)Leave it alone because thats the way it came from t-hum

Edited by alex chang

I also installed mine, cycles and fires flawlessly though.... V2 body.

EDit: thought I'd let you know thats after one full mag, not really a true test but then again, I'm 2,500 miles away from home.....

Also T-Hum has been talking with me pretty consistently, best customer support I've ever had. I feel like this is a custom project, thats how good cradle has been.

Edited by frogfish

736752_10151213763508131_1762666982_o.jp

Got my KJ Works M4 V2 sometime ago. Haven't fielded this thing yet but I am liking it so far. I have played with it plenty at home and dry fires here and there. Swapped the handguards out for an APS AEG rails I found at my friends place and Apple Steel flash hider I bought at MILSIG. Put my Holosight and AFG on.

I am liking the feel so far. I've taken the BCG out and lubed and greased whatever and wherever there is metal on metal contact and maybe need some more on the heavier sections.

I ordered the BCG from Cradle Airsoft simply cause it was on sale and figured it'd come handy. I'm not sure if I should get a Velocity Reducer for the V2 Bolt or not if I already have the BCG.

Just starting to get into Airsoft to play inbetween Paintball and have spent enorumous amount of time research and reading about GBBRs and the KJ TK C8 really settled it. 

Is the V1+ based on the V1? (hence the name?) Sort of a little bit disappointed if its going to have that rubber band in .

Edited by Shroker

After trying out different configurations over the past 2 years, i have finally found my ideal setup.

post-2882-0-83558500-1356879827_thumb.jpg

M733 type, 11.5" outer barrel

Original KJ inner barrel

UBR stock

MOE carbine hand guard

MBUS rear sight

Ergo grip

BAD lever

Stock internals

Cradle rear bolt extender

Edited by johnyew

Yes. Don't worry about the band, its not as much a pain as you would think.

That is good to know :). 

From all the reading I had done; I would had figured the band would have been dropped. However, if it doesn't effect recoil and feel and improves the efficiency then why not right :).

I look forward to playing with this :).