Got to try to fire a few rounds through my KJW today, but as I awoke at the filed to find it was 23F I was saddened that I could only get 5-10 shots out of a mag before it was out (didn't help that my propane bottle was almost empty). What shooting I did get to do the v1+ bolt preformed fine with a V2 lower, v1 upper and v2 upper. Excellent shot to shot consistency.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Just got the second revision of the mag loader prototype done yesterday.  Works an absolute treat.  Can easily load a full mag using a standard loader.  Ill have and ETA on these early this coming week.  But should be just a couple of weeks.

KJW Mag Loader Prototype Small

WOW, that is almost exactly what I was vizualising.  What a great looking piece of gear.  I will probably get two (at least) so I have a spare.  Who would ever want to go back to the "stick and rod" method after being able to use this. Thum this is great work  and KJW should buy this idea from you right now.   

Looking good t_hum! Can't wait!.

@Roman: The stick and rod method is a inexpensive and usable method. Which from a manu and business point works great for mass production.

Whats the lowest speed people haev achived shooting propane via VA?

Also, any thoughts on how to get propane to smell nice like Green Gas when loading it via an adapter? would maybe putting a light drop of lavander oil with the silicone oil mess anything up?

Edited by Shroker

You can get the speed down to well under 300fps I think the lowest I got was 250 when testing shims to get 330. Never tried to go lower from there.

You'll not be able to easily change the scent of the propane. The current scent is quite potent, in its natural state the gas is odourless but the scent is added for safety reasons so its unlikely a supplier will sell it without it.

@thum

Great news! Any news on the stanag conversion as well? I might be buying both of these things when available and ship it in one go.

At last, Im able to finish my setup after a very long time :D
A84A7B5C-09D3-4C6D-A460-2AF14B49FEDD-214

Base: KJW M4 CQBR V1
Specs:
- Edgi 363mm 6.03 
- Cradle Bolt Extension
- Magpul MOE Stock - Commercial model (RS)
- Magpul MOE Pistol Grip (RS)
- Magpul Trigger Guard (RS)
- Magpul MBUS gen II
- Magpul ASAP
- G&P DD Mk18 II RAS
- Tango Down Vertical Grip Short
- Outer Barrel Extension
- Troy Flash Hider
- ACM ACOG 4x32

@Robi19

These are what I used to eliminate wobble on my stock:
B1EB74E8-0FBF-485C-AB94-0E15C3E5C2A2-214

In this case, its an MOE real steel stock. Comparing to my AEG CTR stock, the gap is bigger in the MOE stock so theres a lot of wobble. 
I firstly used vynil (shown on my buffer tube), it eliminated the wobble when using my AEG CTR stock. However theres still a lot of wobble when using the MOE RS stock. You can go to the hardware store and look for an anti slip tape, and stick it inside the stock like the white tapes inside mine. Now theres close to no wobble at all.

Finally got this Tapatalk issue worked out w/ the forums...

So I haven't even had the chance to run any more rounds through mine since it originally showed up. Between the holidays, a sick 3 year old, a pregnant wife, and looking for a new job while dealing with my crummy current one, I've been a little sidetracked... ;-)

Hope to get some more test rounds through it today, and touch base w/ t_hum if I'm still running into the original issue...

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

Finally got this Tapatalk issue worked out w/ the forums... So I haven't even had the chance to run any more rounds through mine since it originally showed up. Between the holidays, a sick 3 year old, a pregnant wife, and looking for a new job while dealing with my crummy current one, I've been a little sidetracked... ;-) Hope to get some more test rounds through it today, and touch base w/ t_hum if I'm still running into the original issue... Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

Wow Hut I never knew. I honestly thought you were a 20 something year old guy who loves airsoft, and has a decent job. Best of wishes on the newborn and current ones sickness. Its never fun when the child is sick or not well, heck we just offered our help to a neighbor who had a car accident and is in a neck brace. Single Mom with 2 kids and a dog, so we are offering her the best of help. I wish you the best on the new job! Not sure what you work or you know, but those who dare win haha. Thats how we went from A crappy area with little air to one of the best areas of SoCal.

Best of wishes Hut.

Hmmm; not sure about doing the shims but good to know it can go low.
I was just hoping maybe to get the propane to smell nicer and if I would be able to just add some lavander oil in to make it a bit nicer or blend out the stinky smell haha.

Looking good people :). can't wait for my BCG to come in. I then will have two bcg's to field with incase something happens. Haven't started playing but looking forward to it.

Any recommendations on propane adapters? I just ordered a Madbull one off eBay. Not sure if its a v2 or not. I was debating between that and the Sapient one.
It would seem like the KJ can withstand propane / green gas just fine and I've run green gas in my V2 M4 now. (In cold weather that is).

I was just hoping maybe to get the propane to smell nicer and if I would be able to just add some lavander oil in to make it a bit nicer or blend out the stinky smell haha.

Any recommendations on propane adapters? I just ordered a Madbull one off eBay. Not sure if its a v2 or not. I was debating between that and the Sapient one.

It would seem like the KJ can withstand propane / green gas just fine and I've run green gas in my V2 M4 now. (In cold weather that is).

Thx guys. Yes Theme, I'm an old man playing a young mans game...

You could always add some Patchouli, and smell like an unwashed hippy ;-) I'd be careful adding anything that might have an unknown effect on rubber o-rings, etc.

I've run everything from duster through mapp in mine without a single problem, and since propane falls in the middle of those, you'll be fine running it...

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

Hahaha. True enough. 
Hmm that is a good point. I should think about how it'll effect the rubber. I guess I'll get a small capsule and put an o-ring in one. =D.

But lets say it doesn't effect o-rings. Would it have any other random side effects you think? or am I going to have to try and find out hahaha.

Hut, I hope things turn around for you regarding your kid.  Mine youngest was born with CF and a number of other birth defects.  A sick child certainly brings to light was is really important in life.

At Shroker:  Yes the stick and tube method works and is cheap.  However, KJW could make THums design out of plastic and do away with the need for the stick and the tube.  That is what I meant to say.  Best to keep that quiet though, we do not need to cost T Hum any money!! ;)  It is hard for me to carry the stick and tube in the field with me as I am constantly having it poke up in my pouches plus I am worried about breaking the tube.  This new loading device will be a boon to me!

At: Delarosa, Your KJW is a nice looking setup!  You guys are putting mine to shame! :)

We aren't doing barrels at the moment. Its a long story but the plan at this point is to not do barrels again until we can make them affordably for the entire airsoft market, ie AEG, GBBR, Pistol, etc. It costs too much to buy and then modify existing barrels and making from scratch requires very high volume to justify the up front costs.  So we opt to wait until we find the right moment to justify upfront costs.

Now that the site is live and updated its safe to assume that if it isnt on the site, we dont sell it.

• Like 1

We aren't doing barrels at the moment. Its a long story but the plan at this point is to not do barrels again until we can make them affordably for the entire airsoft market, ie AEG, GBBR, Pistol, etc. It costs too much to buy and then modify existing barrels and making from scratch requires very high volume to justify the up front costs.  So we opt to wait until we find the right moment to justify upfront costs.

Now that the site is live and updated its safe to assume that if it isnt on the site, we dont sell it.

Hey t_hum. Thanks for the reply.

I'm about 70 pages into this thread now and was curious as to how come the barrels were stopped but I figured (since you were using Madbull barrels as a pace) the cost caught up with the effectiveness of selling them.

Looking forward to the V1+ though :).

I am curious how come there isn't a piston for the V2 bolts. Are they just not as vulnerable to tearing as the V1's did? (I'm guessing this question is answered somewhere haha).

The main reason was twofold:

1. Cost. By the time I bought barrels at wholesale prices, put them in the lathe, packaged them in tubes, paid extra for shipping, etc. I was making almost no money for quite a bit of work.

2. I got the barrels through a friend of mine who owned the local airsoft shop who was kind enough to order the barrels along with those for his shop.  He recently passed away as a result of a brain tumor.

The v2 bolt doesnt have a "piston" per se.  The seal is part of the bolt and remaking the bolt was going to make it a costly part.  I knew as soon as I initially tested the v2 that it would make more sense to rework and offer a V1 variant than to put a bandaid on the v2.

Edited by t_hum

Ahhh, gotcha. Fair enough. Yeah; I looked at my piston on my V2 and it seemed a bit different from the way the V1 operated (I haven't really looked much at the V1).

That makes sense. I look forward to running your V1+ with my V2.  I may pick up a VA for my V2 bolt at some point but I think that would be a bit undeeded if I already have the V1+.
I figured instead of getting the VA for the V2 Bolt I'd just grab the whole V1+ unit. Thinking and hoping it'l outperform the the V2 haha.

That is unfortunate for the loss :(.

I can see how the cost would become unprofitable and scratch building is always expensive. However, your early services by the readings have really helped the community :).
However; it is good to know people were getting good results out of the Madbull barrels. I am sure I can find access to a dremel somewhere.