• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

In testing I found two methods work and work well in conjunction.

Figure out how many BBs per stroke your loader feeds.

On the final strokes pay attention to resistance.

I can fill the mag pretty easily. Seems like it gives less resistance than with the stock loader.

Has anybody had problems with the trigger not re-setting while in semi? I've had this problem since I got the gun, and it's been persistent throughout 3 different lower receivers... Basically when I fire a shot in semi, the trigger sticks back and I won't be able to fire again until I push it forward.

Here are some pictures of my M4 for your enjoyment:

8A9DD3E2-CA58-4217-927B-9E879D56BA5D-3732AE2F31A-D32A-4E31-BD97-BB6F1A8A7AE7-373

269B14E3-F985-4159-BC30-82B4F967679A-373

well my v1+ bolt, TDC hop, and madbull 6.03 barrel has me hitting man sized targets at 260ft with .28g BBs at 1.5J, its roughly 50F outside and that was for 90rds.

I was actually able to hit a small twig at max effective range 8/10 times.

On another note, my v2 bolt misfeeds every time I use it now.... and two mags I have leak at the gasket that joins the upper and lower halves.

Anyone have any suggestions for fixing those leaks?

Edited by frogfish

On another note, my v2 bolt misfeeds every time I use it now.... and two mags I have leak at the gasket that joins the upper and lower halves.

Anyone have any suggestions for fixing those leaks?

2 of mine were doing the same thing, so I took them all apart, cleaned the o-rings, and used the blue gasket method to seal the joints of all 6 of my magazines.

Those gaskets are easy mate strip and clean gasket and mag assemble with plenty of the thick silicon lube (stuff that is almost solid) packed round the gasket.

I'd avoid any of the methods using instant gasket as it causes all kinds of bother if it gets anywhere it shouldn't. When your mags were new they sealed so worst case new gaskets will fix them, there is no need for using stuff like in that link.

Still preforms pretty decent in the cold. I managed to get a full mag out at 350 FPS +/- 5-8 with .25s on the V2 bolt (stock internals). in 3C ambient temperature. Dunno about East side Canada cold though ha.

@Johnyew: Ya know what. I thought the same too. OOPS HAHAHAHA. But yes; That was my intended thought originally. I thought it was on discount sale myself hahaha. *Hopes shattered* lol.

Internals are nicely lubed and greased up. Minus the hop-up and barrel of course. Can't wait to do some range tests.

I come from a PB background playing mag-fed and limited ammo (I still play) and used to shoot airguns competively. This is my first gun for Airsoft. 

Never really liked the feel of AEG's and GBBR's had various issues. The TK M4 really does seem to be the starting step to properly designing a gas operated system.

I love the Thermold mags. Its like a pmag but not and its not like s a STANMAG haha.

I am looking forward to running some HSGI Tacos for these puppies.

Now to get an ASAP plate on....anyone know if they need anything changed/added? 

If I remmeber correctly there are two verisons of Magpls line of stuff and someone in the early parts of this thread needed to add an internal spacer so it won't wobble.

See my signature for Magpul ASAP installation instruction for KJW. Goodluck

Those gaskets are easy mate strip and clean gasket and mag assemble with plenty of the thick silicon lube (stuff that is almost solid) packed round the gasket.

Ok that's what I was planning on doing, just wanted to make sure there wasn't a better method out there.

Also anyone tested out the velocity reducer spacers on the v1+, wondering what combo seems to get around 1j without having to disassemble the bolt multiple times.

Edited by frogfish
It's the same piston and cup as a V1 so the same as a regular V1 I'd say.

True, but the spacers i received with the v1+ seem thinner then the other I've got.

Of course I haven't actually compared mind you. ..

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

It's the same piston and cup as a V1 so the same as a regular V1 I'd say.

True, but the spacers i received with the v1+ seem thinner then the other I've got.

Of course I haven't actually compared mind you. ..

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

Hut you and I need to get together at some point and compare notes.

Where in NC are you? Is it close enough I could convince you to come up to Ballahack in Chesapeake to me Kai_wolf and I, then give you the grand tour of SEALland?

Unfortunately, It's a little more than a 4 hour drive one way, so it'd probably have to be a weekend kinda thing.  Maybe I could bring the wife and kids along, and they could hit the beach :-)

Okay, sorry for my bookish questions, but I need some help. I plan to buy this gun from UNCompany here:

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=25261

However, I am wondering what upgrades it will need and if it is possible to easily switch between different barrel and stock types. The first version of the gun I plan to make is like the one here:

vwSBK.png

However, I have a fairly long backyard that would be awesome for long range target shooting, so I would also like to make a DMR/Sniper build, kind of like the looks of an SR-25. Has anyone on these forums done that kind of thing? I plan to look through this thread, however it is over 250 pages and I have other things like school. If someone would be so kind, could they please tell me what I need to get to make a KJW M4 like the ones pictured above?

Edited by Paul202

If you mean you want a KJW m4 to look like the picture you've posted I'm afraid you'll struggle to get a 100% match as no company produced any aftermarket receivers.

You can fit that type of rail.

You can fit hat type of stock.

You can probably fit the MAID pistol grip.

Certain BAD's will work, some with modification.

An ASAP can be modified to fit though I believe it isn't simple...

All the rest is cosmetic and bits can be added as normal.

Hope that helps, search this thread or advice on specific item fitting.

It's possible to get any G&P front end and modify it to fit so you can make look-a-likes of any of there range. There is everything from sniper builds to tanks in this thread.

Magpul parts - CTR stock, BAD lever, MOE grip, AFG.

Troy parts - 12" Rail, flip up sights.

That should get something similar.