The price you quoted isn't quite accurate. I won't post the actual price as my commercial poster request hasn't been sorted yet. But suffice it to say that if you had 90 dollars on hand and you bought the parts you'd have plenty left over for a night out on the town.

Sorry, rough estimate?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

On page 11 you will see the extent of wear that happened to Raven1's gun. It had a minor chip in the bolt mechanism; known to us as the "cup". The cup to an AEG user would be called a Cylinder, in this instance there was hardly any decrease in power; a little more on the gas consumption, but the gun is still shooting. I think he reached around 6,000 rounds so far. Amazing huh?

and T_HUM is making a replacement piston to remedy the piston's gasket issue, where the gasket on one side became torn off from the rest of the gasket. His testing should be under way sometime this weekend. His price for this full aluminum piston (Top Quality Aluminum that is...) will be around 80 to 90 dollars and will feature a system like an NPAS. Not exactly... due to obvious copyright infringements. ;)

We'll be shooting the ###### out of the gun in a few hours - in a very aggressive hyper-manipulative Raven1 style.

I went through another skirmish today, placing the round count up to 500, give or take a little. I ran into another issue that seemed to fix itself. When inserting the magazine and racking the bolt to fire the weapon, I noticed that on semi, the trigger would not reset and I would have to push it foward, as if something was sticking to it. Also, the selector would not switch to auto. It felt as if something was blocking it. This frustrated me and I opened the weapon to see if maybe peices of plastic from a broken part of the gun had lodged itself in the trigger set. I found no such thing and upon messing with it a bit (manually cocking the hammer back and firing it and lubing here and there), the issue seemed to go away as soon as I slapped the receiver closed once more and I have not had the issue since. This may have just been debris getting into the receiver as I took it through a swamp earlier today.

Now when I took a look at the cup seal, I noticed the wear that was posted earlier on this forum. The edges of the cup seal was torn all about, but the rifle seemed to be shooting no differently than it had earlier. Today's highs here were 74 degrees and lows just a few hours ago when I shot it was about 64 degrees. Even with the cup seal being a bit torn, I was able to empty the magazine with positive lock back no problem, tested on 5 of my 8 magazines. I noticed a slight gas efficiency change later on with a bit more venting of gas than before, but it would still lock back on the last shot. I now cannot wait for the piston head t hum. As above, I am still impressed with the performance of the rifle. Two skirmishes, one of them being rather rough of the gun (in reguards to mud and water), and the only hickup I had was from me not cleaning the rifle, which was not in game at all. So yay again for the KJ M4.

I want it so bad, and I have had it in my RedWolf cart forever, but my plans for externals come out to WAY too much. My biggest worry point is the barrel. My eventul outcome is a 10.5 inch. Anyone know when LayLax barrels come out?

LOL, I use to do the same thing. Just build up, buy the gun first; then buy piece after piece. Besides the anticipation will be well worth it instead of buying everything in one bundle. Yeah I know shipping through Redwolf is express and in the end buying it all would save money on the shipping.

I don't even have the gun yet... so you have plenty of time.

Hi, maybe im sticking where I shouldnt but seeing how T_hum in working on new parts for the KJW, I would like to know or just suggest you to think about making a Hopup chamber which would allow the owner to use AEG inner barrels and hopup rubbers, its something which can be found for Bolt action snipers and now for the WA system.

I think It would make this wonderful GBBR even better :)

Hi, maybe im sticking where I shouldnt but seeing how T_hum in working on new parts for the KJW, I would like to know or just suggest you to think about making a Hopup chamber which would allow the owner to use AEG inner barrels and hopup rubbers, its something which can be found for Bolt action snipers and now for the WA system.

The Hop-up unit would be to hard to make, seeming it is integrated.

That would be awesome.

Integrated? well, thats a let down :( finding VSR barrels is not hard, not at all, but AEGs inner barrels and hop buckings are more widely abailable, in more different lengths and cheaper, not to mention we all have our preferred brands, me for example, would prefer buying an AEG setup than VSR10 one, but thats me and my weird preferences :lol:

Anyway, I think this could be a nice debate to keep the topic going since this seems to be an awfully problem free GBBR :lol:

People want to save money by just transferring their AEG tightbores into this baby. =)

It's a nice idea, and once we get the new piston cup for the KJ M4, I guess there's nothing else that needs to be addressed. A nice little project if you have the time. Sorry guys, but I don't really care for it. The gun shoots great as it is.

The cost of the unit would most likely be on par with a tighbore. Id rather spend the money on a vsr-10 barrel and forget the hassle of swapping them. But if people really want them...

I believe that people should stick to the system that is working best for this gun rather then having the hassle of swapping parts out, the original hop-up system works fine. Instead of buying a 35 to 50 dollar tight bore barrel and then buying a replacement hop-up chamber to change it over to a AEG style. You might as well have just bought the VSR-10 barrel and it would have worked wonders over the AEG precision barrel...

I believe that people should stick to the system that is working best for this gun rather then having the hassle of swapping parts out, the original hop-up system works fine. Instead of buying a 35 to 50 dollar tight bore barrel and then buying a replacement hop-up chamber to change it over to a AEG style. You might as well have just bought the VSR-10 barrel and it would have worked wonders over the AEG precision barrel...

+1, why would you want to swap out parts when you don't even know how the stock part(s) perform?

I'm interested in getting the Tanio Koba version as well when it comes out. So I'm probably not going to do anything to this one other than fixing what's broken and give it some externals.

Yeah, the twist barrel seems to have different opinions. I would hope that if it comes stock with the TK model, then it would have everything calibrated to make it work correctly. I was reading something where you had to use lower fps settings with the twist to have it operate correctly.

Yeah, the twist barrel seems to have different opinions. I would hope that if it comes stock with the TK model, then it would have everything calibrated to make it work correctly. I was reading something where you had to use lower fps settings with the twist to have it operate correctly.

Yea, 330fps with .2bb. I don't think it's going to work on the M4 shooting at ~480fps with .2bb. Let's see if they are going to tweak it to make it work efficiently on the m4.

Hey guys,

This question was asked earlier but never answered:

Will an ACM UBR be able to be fitted to this rifle? The brass fitting inside the buffer tube makes me think not - which would be terrible, as I love the UBR. Can someone please clarify?

Thanks!

Edited by wdahm519
Hey guys,

This question was asked earlier but never answered:

Will an ACM UBR be able to be fitted to this rifle? The brass fitting inside the buffer tube makes me think not - which would be terrible, as I love the UBR. Can someone please clarify?

Thanks!

No Will Not Work,,,