So do Thermolds fit in regular M4 pouches? If not I can use the AK pouches I have. I think because of the fact this gun is the only GBBR yet that has hold up to any substantial amount of BBs stock, makes it a winner for me. I mean, I'm fine with opening up and having to work on a gun, but not as soon as I get it, I want it to last long enough until I'm fine with opening, it, I prefer to open it when I feel I want to then have to straight from the box.

Also glad theres no way these thermaolds are gonna turn into TherMelts like what happened to some real ones with FA

Whats a good place overseas to get one, the only stateside place I found is Airsplat, and to be honest, their service is sub-par, and I would rather go elsewhere.

Edited by l85 guy
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

They should do, They're not much thicker or generally bigger than normal mags, are they? They've jsut got a couple of extra ribs, adding a few mm overall thickness. And they'll still hold 30 rounds (in RS, I mean), so length is the same.

So, I'm going to go out on a limb and say yeah, they'll fit in an M16 pouch.

Great stuff. My fear is that there aren't enough reviews out there and this promising looking platform will get swept aside by all the noise from the WA, WE and AGM offerings. What is the MTW by the way?

Ahhh

I wouldn't worry about WA/WE platforms fans noises. WE had this disadvange to be the first GBB on competitive prices to WA, coming to the market with its own design. I don't mention G&P WOC or AGM as they are based on WA platform and should be considered in the same category. However if KJW platform is good and reliable it will find it's way. So nothing to worry about.

Whats a good place overseas to get one, the only stateside place I found is Airsplat, and to be honest, their service is sub-par, and I would rather go elsewhere.

WGC and UNco are both reputable Hong Kong retailers that have it in stock at a price of $289.

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...W-GBR-M4_srch_1

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=25261

Do any other owners have a total rounds fired count / durability report to offer? :detective2:

Edited by elrey
clarity
WGC and UNco are both reputable Hong Kong retailers that have it in stock at a price of $289.

Do any other owners have a round count / durability report to offer? :detective2:

Thanks!

As for the capacity, I am getting the reoccurring answer of 30rds. Fortunately mags don't seem too expensive. The WGC place has them for $36

Do any other owners have a total rounds fired count / durability report to offer? :detective2:

I don't want to go way off topic here, but after looking through this thread among others. I still have no definitive answer. I see you posted some links for shops. I bought an WE M4 before the stop in importation; I know the importation of WA and WE M4's were stopped by the ATF here in the states. Are KJW GBB M4's still going through? If so what other company's are still getting M4 GBB's ATF compliant? Thanks "K"

Well after reading this thread im glad to see this guns performance

I had a chance to shoot one at a recent game here in Oregon, and that same day i shot a WE Scar, and i have to say the kjw was more impressive. Donut was that you at Grid18:2 ? it was indeed a neat gun to shoot

thermomolds are the sex too!

I don't want to go way off topic here, but after looking through this thread among others. I still have no definitive answer. I see you posted some links for shops. I bought an WE M4 before the stop in importation; I know the importation of WA and WE M4's were stopped by the ATF here in the states. Are KJW GBB M4's still going through? If so what other company's are still getting M4 GBB's ATF compliant? Thanks "K"

I haven't herad anything about this, if so, that sucks. whats their reasoning to singling out the GBB M4s?

As far as I've read, it's because the receivers are extremely similar to RS lowers, and can even stand up to a few rounds of firing on other RS parts. Keep in mind that makes it bad considering it's auto lowers...

While WE can have an RS upper put on the WE lower and fit a RS mag. They will not and can not cycle a RS upper at all. They could be gutted and at great expence and machine work be made to fit RS tirgger group. Now this may lead to unregistered lower out there; This is the first problem the ATF has with them. The buffer tubes will thread on a RS upper, all be it they would quickly if not fail instantly. The other problem with the WE and WA the ATF has is the buffer tube/stock is unpined. Some states like NY must have pinned stock laws on AR's. It would be "possible" to switched out the buffer tube on the RS with a WE or WA; It is now a RS part being shipped into states labeled as a toy, thus violating the state law. The ban will not start, it has been in place for weeks now.

I'm not sure if these guns meet the ATF points for a ban, that's why I ask.

Are shops still getting them in the States?

Edited by Special K
While WE can have an RS upper put on the WE lower and fit a RS mag. They will not and can not cycle a RS upper at all. They could be gutted and at great expence and machine work be made to fit RS tirgger group. Now this may lead to unregistered lower out there; This is the first problem the ATF has with them. The buffer tubes will thread on a RS upper, all be it they would quickly if not fail instantly. The other problem with the WE and WA the ATF has is the buffer tube/stock is unpined. Some states like NY must have pinned stock laws on AR's. It would be "possible" to switched out the buffer tube on the RS with a WE or WA; It is now a RS part being shipped into states labeled as a toy, thus violating the state law. The ban will not start, it has been in place for weeks now.

I'm not sure if these guns meet the ATF points for a ban, that's why I ask.

Are shops still getting them in the States?

I stand corrected. As far as I have heard, some shops were able to get them when shipped in parts but I'm not sure if this was a legal method or if this is still possible. Large scale importing, to my knowledge, has stopped. I asked a few places when I thought about getting a WE M4.

@l85 guy: The KJW does not have enough of the RS similarity to have this problem, nor do the WA systems. KJW should be safe for import.

Here's some pics of disassembled Buffer (B. Tube, B. Retainer, Selector Pin etc.)

As the Buffer Tube(part #50) was loose as hell since I bought the gun, so I decided to fix it.

78741390.th.jpg

In fact part #50 is fake Buffer Tube beacuse the real, gold one(part #68) is inside.

It is hard to find the big screwdriver to unscrew the part #52 so I used the spine(top of the blade) of the kitchen's knive.

All have to do is screw up the gold Buffer Tube (part #68). But not to so hard cause will have problems with close the Upper Receiver.

62612924.th.jpg56876014.th.jpg42345613.th.jpg88417527.th.jpg

I tried to mount all the Buffer stuff from he RS but it's to wide so goodbyte to my RS Buffer(only Buttstock fits but with loose)

dscf3514h.th.jpg

Curiously the Buttstock from WA fits tighter than the KJW's one :D.

Notice the Take-down Pin(+ Spring) is secured with screw (like in the WOC).

37550751.th.jpg35261447.th.jpg50067811.th.jpg

Edited by Amadem

ah *suitcase*, I'm getting one of these! After seeing the Youtube videos of the full-auto performance it's really a given. I'm as milsim as it gets; hell, I am in the military, but super accurate internals to RS are just not as important as performance.

YOU CAN ACTUALLY PLAY AIRSOFT WITH THIS GBBR!!!!!!!

Looks pretty good, but Im not a fan of real caps, thermolds or Pmags... :( It would be awesome to be able to use short lowcap/midcap stanag mags...

Anyway, for the moment this is the most reliable platform on the GBBR market as It looks... :)

Keep the info coming :D

keep in mind Plastic is a better choice when it comes to resisting temperature change, aluminium will certtainly change temperature with extremely low heat capacity.

Sorry, I didnt explain myself correctly, I dont lilke their shape, not the material, If performance is good, I dont care if the mag is made of plastic or alluminum, If they made a short STANAG mag made of pastic this replica would get many points in my book as being so easy to use AEG and VSR parts It can be a great candidate for a summer DMR :)

Can this rifle withstand CO2? :rolleyes:

Edited by Isamu