Guys,

Real Quick:

During the testing of the piston I ran it in a variety of conditions, lubed, dry, clean, dirty ( Arizona sand / silt ) and the o-ring held up nicely with No Drop in FPS.

In short, if you use the piston you will not be disappointed,,,

Nice!

How many rounds did you put through it per condition(dry, clean, dirty)?

Shows that it stands up to skrimishing nicely..

-Luis

Edited by Luis21
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Nice!

How many rounds did you put through it per condition(dry, clean, dirty)?

Shows that it stands up to skrimishing nicely..

-Luis

Luis,

6 magazines - Dirty

6 magazines - Dry

13 magazines - Lubed and finished for the day

(It was easier to run dirty first, clean the BCG, run dry, then simply take out BCG - lube and install)

It was during the next round of testing the lower was found to be blown out.

Also this is the piston of choice I have been running exclusively since t_hum handed me the piston to T&E.

Interesting note:

FPS increased by 12 fps when ran dry. Hmmmmmmmm???

Edited by Raven1

Sorry if this has been established already, but has anyone posted a guide on how to install an aftermarket Outer Barrel and RIS kit and which are compatible?

Essentially, I want to kit my gun out almost completely, but I don't want to waste a fortune getting everything set up and mailed to me to find it's exceptionally difficult or that the parts I ordered are incompatible.

Sorry if this has been established already, but has anyone posted a guide on how to install an aftermarket Outer Barrel and RIS kit and which are compatible?

Essentially, I want to kit my gun out almost completely, but I don't want to waste a fortune getting everything set up and mailed to me to find it's exceptionally difficult or that the parts I ordered are incompatible.

i have the guarder RIS kit which works after a slight alteration (on the kjw the silver pipe inside the fore-grip is slightly too wide.. so you'll need to file down the RIS part that fits over it slightly. i did it manually with a metal file. Took about 5 minutes but once on it's rock solid )

Apparently the seller won't sell outside Taiwan unfortunately :(

11090821948991_554.jpg

Ill post up some quantifiable results once I get the chance, but for now it sufficeth to say, TB barrels yield SIGNIFICANT accuracy results in the KJW M4.

Well T_hum this means you can make another add-on product just like that one there. haha... a nice stock tube. :) Seeming certain companies from Taiwan won't ship outside... by obvious reasons they are numb because there goes 3/4ths of their sales.

I can't wait to see what you have in store for Tight bore's.

ORRrrrrrrr We can find someone to buy off of that company and then we pay the extra to ship it out? Would be nice for us non-Taiwanese... dontcha think?!!?

BETTER YET! We need someone to buy one and then ship it to T_hum that way he can examine it. :)

Edited by stickyittoyou

Hi, my name is Egbert I got this kjw M4 GBBR last oct. 30,2009. with the original box and two mags,it was shooting fine with propane, and when I purchase this 7 new magazine in two reliable stores it is not shooting out bb's you have to cack it and shoot like a sniper rifle in order to shoot out bb's. With my two old magazines it shoots well with the new ones it doesen't so check the bolt assembly I found that the rubber band just broke,but anyway the rubber doesn't do much right so what could be the problem. It is still under warranty under Canadian airgun supply I already contacted themand they say it will take 4 to 5 weeks to have replace or work on it. Do you have any idea what could have gone wrong would it be the magazine or could it be the gun itself.

The rubber band has a definite purpose. It keeps the piston cup from over extending. Without the band the piston cup won't pull away from the hop and a new bb won't be chambered. A member named snoopy devised a temporary fix for broken rubber bands a few pages back. Repair the band and then see what happens

Chances are it could be the magazine springs, my is a non serial number gun and the magazine it came with fed flawlessly, however the 5 extra magazines will sometime "stick" just too low for the bolt to load another round without manually cocking it as you say. I got 5 new springs off KJW and they all work fine now with problems only occuring when i drop a mag in the mud.

It cost $13 for 5 new mag springs and shipping to the UK.

I would second that. Just get the new mag springs and you should be good. If it ends up not being the mag springs, then I would inspect the hop up unit for any damage, and also the air nozzle assembly, and your bolt carrier for any foul play areas just in case (though that could hardly be related to the problem).

The nice thing is there are hardly any parts in there so when something goes wrong its easy to source the problem.

Several weeks ago I made the decision to try the new GBBR platforms. I did some searching and initially was convinced I would buy the WE M4. Then I ran into some posts about the KJW M4. Along came Raven1's posts about his gun and I was impressed. Fantastic information for anyone looking to purchase this gun. I only wish someone would do this kind of extensive testing on all new guns. Kudos to Raven1 and all others who put the time in to post up their results and feelings.

So I decide, one day, to buy my KJW M4 from Airsplat and I also purchased a G&P Defender front set for AEG from Ehobby Asia. Funny thing is the front set showed up in two days. The gun took several days (That's free delivery for ya). I get an email and phone call from UPS that my package will be delivered on a Tuesday. I get home early from work because I don't want to miss getting my new gun. I arrive to find the dreaded sticker on the front door saying that I missed delivery and I would have to wait another day. NO WAY!!! So I grab the sticker, jump back in my vehicle and proceed to troll the neighborhood for the brown truck. After driving around for 20 minutes, I turn down one road and see a brown truck coming towards me. I turned around to follow him into a development and pull up along side him waving my sticker. It was indeed the right truck and he gave me my package right there. WOO HOO!!!!

I race home and open my package. Contrary to other posts about Airsplat, my package arrived in great condition and securely packed. I couldn't wait any longer. I took out the gun gassed the mag and loaded her up. I pulled the charging handle and let her slap back. THWAP! (slight tingle in the nether regions) Aim and pull. POW!!! Holy Craptastic!! POW!!! POW!!! POW!!! (Chubby). I have to shoot this thing outside NOW! I take it to my garage because this is the only long shot I have. I don't normally do this but I had to see what she could do. I was using AE .25 bio's. I took three shots through my garage, down my driveway, across the street, over my neighbor's front yard, along the side of his house to his covered air conditioning unit. (About 175ft) Mind you, I still haven't set the hop up. POW! PING! POW! PING! POW! PING! (Full on diamond cutter in my pants) I walk back in the house with an enormous grin on my face. My wife comes home later that night and I am still smiling. She is now very jealous because she knows where all my attention will be placed for a while.

The next day I decide to put on the front set. It was easy as can be. I only ended up making one cut on the lower part of the outer barrel and it worked perfectly. I installed a Magpul trigger guard and a TD Battle Grip. Everything fit fantastically! I slapped on some Falcon Ergo Ladder rail covers and KX3 flashhider. She was starting to look real sexy. I still have to get a CTR PTS and MBUS. I put a TM M4 retractable stock on for now and it fits much better than the KJW stock.

I shot a few mags and noticed that my bolt wasn't locking back after the last round. Some times it would take a couple of blank shots before it would lock back. After spending two days reading all 55 pages of this thread I realized I had a serial numbered KJW M4 "KJ00081". I emailed Clare and I'm waiting for a response.

I can't express to you all how incredible I think this gun is. Now, I know I don't have a lot of experience with gbbr's but I'm telling you that this has got me so exited, even more than when I got my first PTW (really no comparison). This is like the first time I held an Airsoft gun 12 years ago. I would gladly sell all of my collection in order to get many more KJW M4's and I might just do that. I'm looking forward to getting on the field with this weapon. Unfortunately , I need more mags and I can't seem to locate any right now. (That and I'll have to wait till spring, which is fine because I hate playing in the winter) I don't even mind the fact that most people will be able to carry more ammo than me. I just dig the realism. I'm sure it won't be hard to convince the rest of my teammates to switch to this platform.

I will definitely be ordering everything that T hum has to offer. Outstanding work on his part for really taking the initiative and making this platform even better than it already is.

I'm very excited to see what aftermarket stuff will be made for this platform in the near future. The future is very bright indeed for the KJ Works/Tanio Koba M4 GBBR.

Thanks again to everyone that contributed to this thread. Superb!!!!

BTW, If anyone has successfully installed a Magpul ASAP on this platform can you please post up a how to?

11090821948991_554.jpg

Well T_hum this means you can make another add-on product just like that one there. haha... a nice stock tube. :) Seeming certain companies from Taiwan won't ship outside... by obvious reasons they are numb because there goes 3/4ths of their sales.

I can't wait to see what you have in store for Tight bore's.

ORRrrrrrrr We can find someone to buy off of that company and then we pay the extra to ship it out? Would be nice for us non-Taiwanese... dontcha think?!!?

BETTER YET! We need someone to buy one and then ship it to T_hum that way he can examine it. :)

Hey t_hum

If ,you do decide ,to turn a few of these. Could ya please put me at the top or near the top of the list.

If someone can give me some info about these tubes and any info on how they differ from the regular tube (besides the fact that they are for the UBR) Ill see what I can do. I have a few things in line to do before this but if there were enough demand I can rearrange production.

1. Barrels (Production quality model done - pending bench testing to provide hard numerical data as to performance gains)

2. Cracked detent fix/prevention device (prototype done. Raven1 is coming to pick up two of these this week to beat the crud out of)

3. QD sling mounts - rear (design done - pending prototype)

3. UBR stock pipe? If there isnt demand on these I can still do a small run but they probably arent going to be too cheap.

Hey t_hum

If ,you do decide ,to turn a few of these. Could ya please put me at the top or near the top of the list.

I sure hope T_hum can make one of these. I believe that someone made them, reason I say that is the website is an auction much like Ebay; so T_hum I believe there are no copyright laws on it. I haven't even seen anywhere online in any way shape or form a company creating the parts for a UBR stock.

brixx-

replace the elastic band with electical tape...that will fix the feeding problem for all your magazines...

the 2 magazines you have are first run mags with weaker bb follower springs...thats why your gun functions fine with them...

having an elastic band on your gun protects the nozzles return spring from over stretching and allows the nozzle to go back with the bolt....whats happening without the elastic band is the tension of the magazine spring keeps the nozzle in the chamber...thats why your gun does not feed with the newer mag

do some readings from the forum and you'll find out a little something here and there