• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

You can order them anytime via email: contact at cradleairsoft.com or a PM through the boards here.

Currently they are made from 6.03 madbull barrels with the modified cuts to fit. Cost is $45.

They will be up on the new site which, unfortunately, is still in the works. Turns out Ive been a pretty busy guy lately and am behind on a few things. Progress is being made on the magazine though!

You can order them anytime via email: contact at cradleairsoft.com or a PM through the boards here.

Currently they are made from 6.03 madbull barrels with the modified cuts to fit. Cost is $45.

They will be up on the new site which, unfortunately, is still in the works. Turns out Ive been a pretty busy guy lately and am behind on a few things. Progress is being made on the magazine though!

Barrel length?

My KJW TK M4A1 arrived today.

Ordered from Uncompany arrived in 11 days to Romania (Airmail shipping).

I'm really happy with it, looks much better the CTW that i received today also.

Probably in this evening i'll fill some gas in the mag and shoot some bb's (indoor, outdoor is - 19 grades Celsius.)

Also, i'm waiting the first game with it.

Bye.

Edited by dview

Thanks Kai_Wolf, i'm sure i made a good acquisition buying KJW TK.

Previously i had one AGM M4 GBB but after 1-2 months i sold it, the mags ware way to heavy (the AGM ones) and i saw that i had to put more money in it to make it playable.

Anyway, i have to wait till the weather will be better here (right now is -14 grades Celsius and its a heavy wind), and also, to receive the other spare mags and the conversion parts that i ordered (i want to make a CASV Vltor look like) and i will put some pics here.

Sorry if it was posted, but you guys know any easier way to reload the mag (not with the "kit" that GBB comes with)?

Thanks.

Edited by dview

Although I've yet to get my hands on one, if its a top loader which I think it is, the best option is to get a speedloader and put your thumb on the other side of the loading point and keep it pressed firmly up against, sadly that's probably what you've been doing so the only real option is to erm, buy more mags XD

Saturday, January 23rd, 2010

0745 Hours

Temperature 28F / -2.22C In Snowy-Windy-Over cast / Sonoita, Arizona - 5,000 Feet in Elevation

Propane Gas Used - Coleman Propane Fuel - http://www.thegreathardwarestore.com/Produ...&click=2744

Firing Mode Rapid Fire Semi Auto - 1 Magazine

Firing Mode Full Auto Fire - 1 Magazine

Gun State:

Magpul B.A.D. Lever - Cradle Airsoft Piston - Cradle Airsoft Aluminum Velocity Reducer - Using 'Echo 1' .28 BBs, Cradle Airsoft 6.03 Tight Bore 280mm Length for 10.5" CQB Barrel

Major Mistake On My Part

Driving out to the AO I stowed my vest in the back of an open air truck bed (The back of the truck of a Chevrolet Silverado) it was raining and then snowing on the way to the AO. I had mistakenly left BOTH of my propane bottles in the dump pouch of my vest. Thus, Both tanks were nearly frozen as we arrived at the AO. The duration the tanks were exposed to first the rain, then the snow was 2.5 hours. Once at the AO it was difficult to fill the warm KJW magazines that rode along with me in the warm cab of the truck.

Chrono Testing:

Magazine 1:

1 through 6 shots 339 FPS

Shot 7 292 FPS

Shot 8 267 FPS

Shot 9 249 FPS

Shot 10 249 FPS

Shot 11 249 FPS

Magazine 2:

1 through 5 shots 349 FPS

Interesting To Note The Huge Drop In FPS Due To Cool Down!!

Shot 6 255 FPS

Shot 7 239 FPS

Shot 8 239 FPS

Shot 9 Magazine Empty

Cool Down Effect Was MASSIVE! Magazines were Extremely Cold To The Touch. Sadly I was unable to use the KJW for the duration of the day.

High temperature for the day reached 41F / 5C

Magazines Placed In Warm Truck Cab

Please Note:

Magazines and propane canisters placed into warm truck cab, in the open, on the rear seat. Played from 0830hrs until 1200hrs, returned to truck and let a friend shoot the remainder of the first magazine in semi auto fire. Locked back after last round.

2nd magazine filled for a 4 - 5 second shot of propane, remainder of bbs shot in full auto fire. Firing cycles quick initially, slowing near the end due to cool down. Magazine locked back after last round

Initially Loaded Magazines with 32 BBs each

Several people at the game noted their hop up bucking had ripped due to the cold, it was marked by irregular bb flight paths with No Consistency from shot to shot.

I have yet to play in weather this cold and due to my absentmindedness was unable to use my KJW M4.

My Apologies To All,,,

Total Magazines Expended Today = 2

1 BB Load To 1 Gas Fill

Total Issues / Incidents Encountered = 0

Total Bolt Locking Back After Last BB = 2

Total Magazine BBs Expended = 578

Total Round Count = 11,518

Edited by Raven1

Raven, I looked at the game pics yesterday and could have sworn I saw you using an AEG. Now I know why.

Propane expands anywhere above -44 deg F. Obviously the closer you get to that number the less it expands. Playing at or below freezing just isnt practical with gasses that cause cooldown.

Raven, when you speak about ripped hopups... are you talking about KJW M4s or other airsoft guns?

Also, since you're using a velocity reducer, what velocity is it set to?

I am speaking of the other airsoft guns, I did not use the KJW as my propane was unusable from being transported in the back of the truck. As it was first wet from the rain, then as we drove into the snow the tanks had zero movement of liquid propane in them when agitated.

A high amount of AEG hop ups had ripped during the game.

The Velocity reducer is set to the Factory KJW which is No Reduction At All - Just Like Your KJW M4 IS Right Out Of The Box!

@Phenom @MrTreble @PianoBlack

My KJW M4 lower also had the hole in the magazine well where the magazine release assembly passes through. Never found it to be an issue.

Having since replaced my lower with a New Lower. I can report that the New(er) Lower Does NOT Have the hole in the magazine well and that the magazine release assembly is Not Exposed,,,

@t_hum

This what the day was like most of the time, windy, over cast and snow!

IMG_1243-640.jpg

As stated the gun shot well in spite of the super cooled propane charged into the magazines, How Ever the cool down was quite dramatic!

Edited by Raven1

To those whose hop up is not responsive, try adding a layer or two of heat shrink tubing to the lever that pushes against the hopup rubber. In my case, two layers reduced the arm's side by side 'wobble' and I can visually confirm that the hopup is working as it should be.

To those whose hop up is not responsive, try adding a layer or two of heat shrink tubing to the lever that pushes against the hopup rubber. In my case, two layers reduced the arm's side by side 'wobble' and I can visually confirm that the hopup is working as it should be.

Did you just lay the pieces in there or did you attach them with an adhesive?