• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I just got mine from AirSplat and it did NOT have the SN on it.
thats good news... only down side is they made me pay for shipping which was $26 ground... i thought it was free with these guys. either way if your model isnt serialized then mine shouldnt be either. only other thing i need is a place to buy the elastic bands just incase they break, now i know the electrical tape fix works and is cheaper but if i can get some extra bands then why not right. thanks again guys... now comes that beautiful waiting period.

Who of you has had band breakages? I had thought about offering something stronger than the stock bands when I first got my gun assuming theyd break fairly quickly. Like I said earlier, its been 7-8K rounds and I haven't had a breakage yet. I have a spare just in case that came with my serial update parts but Im starting to think its less common that I assumed it would be.

• Like 1

I have 7 spare bands and 5 spare hop buckings on hand. I guess the only other part that I would need to have on hand would be the loading nozzle.

The electrical tape fix that I proposed worked real well for me though. I probably put through a few hundred rounds through mine with it installed.

I haven't suffered from any sort of band breakage or cracking yet, and I've been using my KJ in cold weather. I can't really attest to breakage of the band from normal wear and tear because I frankly haven't put *thaaaat* many rounds through it.

I could say fairly easy that my KJ has seen 1000-2000 rounds, and the band has held up fine.

Thing is that retailers run out of KJW M4's. Also, not everyone is a forum person. They might do research online about a product but never post up about it.

So far the only issues I have really read about the KJW M4's include the following:

*broken elastic band (elastic bands hold up for thousands of rounds)

*broken detent pin/lower receiver (only a few cases reported/ preventable with cradle airsoft bcg extender)

*not enough hop at freezing temperatures (fixable with heat shrink tubing on the hop actuator)

*torn piston lid (replaceable with cradle airsoft o-ring piston)

There have been virtually no reports of the gun not having accuracy like the WE platform (which more than half the users complain about). WE GBBRS also have problems in range, accuracy, bolt lock feature, trigger mechanism, nozzles....well, pretty much just about everything.

The fixes are cheap-reasonably priced and hold up extremely well. Granted that the KJW does not kick as hard as the WE and WA systems...the gun is a performer.

I think the newer versions kick as much as any green gas powered GBBR. However the mag gas efficiency seems to be a little less because of that. The piston problem seems a better fix than the old version.

On another note: What CTR stock brands will fit the KJW? I thought I heard something about AEG stock not fitting well. I was looking at the one on Evike.

Thing is that retailers run out of KJW M4's. Also, not everyone is a forum person. They might do research online about a product but never post up about it.

So far the only issues I have really read about the KJW M4's include the following:

*broken elastic band (elastic bands hold up for thousands of rounds)

*broken detent pin/lower receiver (only a few cases reported/ preventable with cradle airsoft bcg extender)

*not enough hop at freezing temperatures (fixable with heat shrink tubing on the hop actuator)

*torn piston lid (replaceable with cradle airsoft o-ring piston)

There have been virtually no reports of the gun not having accuracy like the WE platform (which more than half the users complain about). WE GBBRS also have problems in range, accuracy, bolt lock feature, trigger mechanism, nozzles....well, pretty much just about everything.

The fixes are cheap-reasonably priced and hold up extremely well. Granted that the KJW does not kick as hard as the WE and WA systems...the gun is a performer.

Not to down the KJW anymore, but dont forget about one more.

*Upper receiver part that holds the take down pin on someone's kjw broke as well.

Other than that, I cant think of any other reported breakages.

*Upper receiver part that holds the take down pin on someone's kjw broke as well.

In that case, it was never really explained how it broke.

It was speculated that one of the possible causes was when both half of the receivers were opened for whatever reason; cleaning, inspection,etc., it was not separated completely. The upper receiver pivoted on the forward pin and maybe some flexing of that area caused the break, not from normal use. Just my guess on that break.

I forgot about that. As far as I know that has only happened to one person who has changed his front end. We don't know how he treated the rifle when the front end was installed. I don't think there has been a repeat of that particular case. It was also a serial numbered / first production run gun.

The most notable damage on the gun really only kills the reliable full auto function with the area holding the buffer retainer in place cracking. I dont know if it has happened to anyone else aside from Raven1 and I. I probably put a few thousand rounds in my gun by that time running propane. Semi auto functions like new (range/accuracy/precision)....full auto is just unreliable.

Oh....by the way. I was bored and purchased a WE SCAR :P Its coming in the mail in about 13 hours :P Not expecting much out of it....bought it to tinker with. As far as M4's go, I'm not going back to the WA system....WE M4's just has too many problems.

WA and KJW mags are not interchangable.

interesting i got mine from airsplat bout 2 weeks ago and i got #80
hey didnt you do a review on yours... your one of the mil sim junkie guys right. for some reason they my bank withheld payment for these guys so im gonna call them up to see if theyre nice enough to get me an unserialized weapon if possible.