Doesnt't the SCAR use the same system as the M4?

Is that why your KJ is for sale? waiting for the SCAR?

I have two KJW M4's. One having part of the lower broken (the piece holding the buffer retainer), and one with it in tact. I'm selling the one with the broken piece. Its still a functional rifle but without the full auto reliability. I have one of them BC extensions coming in next week from t_hum.

The WE SCAR runs the same system as the WE M4. The difference is the bolt carrier. The SCAR does not have a buffer tube for the bolt carrier to slide back into. Its bolt carrier is more like those from an MP7. I'm planning on running the WE SCAR using duster gas. I already know I'm going to be getting sub 300FPS (with .20g BBs) out of the gun but I really don't care so long as nothing in it breaks. If something does (even with duster) I'll probably just fix it and sell it.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

okay guys my rifle should be here next Tuesday, i spoke to them about free shipping and they've agreed to reimburse me no problem... my final question really is that I'm gonna be using green gas and propane only with this gun, now spring is coming up and the temps of 50-60F should be good with this gas but my understanding of green gas and propane are that at higher temps of 70-100F the gas can become a bit more damaging to the gun. now in most cases i'll be playing in woodland environments and if we're lucky this season some cqb. i know the kjw m4 is reliable and durable but would you folks recommend the use of gas at the higher temps in this gun?... the fps factor isnt something me and my friends are worried about, we play private games only. :bounce: thanks for any feedback guys.

I ust thought I would give you all an update on the lower FPS on my NEW gun. T_HUM looked at it yesterday and figured out the gas valve was "sluggish". He took it apart, lubed it up and I got an instant gain of ~100FPS. I also FELT an increase in the recoil. He then installed a VOL reducer and now I am back to 395 W/.20's. I already bought his piston cup and he is prepping me an M4 length TB.

ALSO I wanted to again thank him for the time he spent and for the work he does!!!

No sweat. If you guys are getting erratic or low FPS numbers make sure your valve snaps back freely. OGF's valve was very sticky and took a second to move back to the closed position. I had a similar problem at first, too. Only good way to get it working 100% is to take it out of the magazine and lube it liberally.

okay guys my rifle should be here next Tuesday, i spoke to them about free shipping and they've agreed to reimburse me no problem... my final question really is that I'm gonna be using green gas and propane only with this gun, now spring is coming up and the temps of 50-60F should be good with this gas but my understanding of green gas and propane are that at higher temps of 70-100F the gas can become a bit more damaging to the gun. now in most cases i'll be playing in woodland environments and if we're lucky this season some cqb. i know the kjw m4 is reliable and durable but would you folks recommend the use of gas at the higher temps in this gun?... the fps factor isnt something me and my friends are worried about, we play private games only. :bounce: thanks for any feedback guys.

I'm in Arizona and have used Strictly Propane ONLY in my KJW in temperatures of 115F / 46.1C and the gun ran and ran. Keep in mind I was Abusing the gun to induce failures and the best I could manage was a broken nylon band, broken plunger in bolt cup and a blown lower where the buffer retainer pin that keeps the buffer inside the buffer tube.

If you run in temperatures below 100F / 37.7C then you will be fine if you are running Propane ONLY.

If you are like Snoopy and prefer to run Duster then you should have a very boring and predictable long life of usage.

So get your gun off kid,,,

If you are like Snoopy and prefer to run Duster then you should have a very boring and predictable long life of usage.

Hey now! LOL! I have been using propane on these things too you know. It when the weather gets hot (75+F) that I would elect to use duster gas.

Right now its around 44 degrees. At this temp, the pressure of propane is at 71 PSI...At 70 degrees, the pressure of 134a is 69 PSI. Granted that some duster gas are actually 152a and are lower pressure than 134a....it is a good baseline for having an idea for pressure.

I ust thought I would give you all an update on the lower FPS on my NEW gun. T_HUM looked at it yesterday and figured out the gas valve was "sluggish". He took it apart, lubed it up and I got an instant gain of ~100FPS. I also FELT an increase in the recoil. He then installed a VOL reducer and now I am back to 395 W/.20's. I already bought his piston cup and he is prepping me an M4 length TB.

ALSO I wanted to again thank him for the time he spent and for the work he does!!!

it's a really good thing that u have such a great adviser and tech near you...lol...i envy you!!!! :P

oh...and i forgot to say that i think it would be awesome if like T_hum did with the install videos of the new piston and velocity reducer, someone..not me since i have NO XP in dissassembling this kind of guns, share some vids placing the buffer extension and a TBB to a Tanio...just to learn like in a DIY kind of tutorial thing....sorry if i'm asking too much but i'm pretty far and we, at my team now have 3 tanios in Panama, with a lot of great expectation for this amaizing gun to work way more AWESOME!

THANKS!

J. :)

I'm having trouble figuring out to remove the old barrel and put in my new T-hum TBB.

Can someone post detailed instructions here? Along with tools needed?

I've also had trouble with my hop-up not responding as well as I'd like, I figure I'll give that a look while I'm working on the barrel switch. Maybe a little heat-shrink mod will fix that.

Thanks in advance folks.

oh...and i forgot to say that i think it would be awesome if like T_hum did with the install videos of the new piston and velocity reducer, someone..not me since i have NO XP in dissassembling this kind of guns, share some vids placing the buffer extension and a TBB to a Tanio...just to learn like in a DIY kind of tutorial thing....sorry if i'm asking too much but i'm pretty far and we, at my team now have 3 tanios in Panama, with a lot of great expectation for this amaizing gun to work way more AWESOME!

THANKS!

J. :)

I agree. Even those of us with good AEG internal experience don't know the first step in the installation of things like TBB with this ew hopup.

I'm in Arizona and have used Strictly Propane ONLY in my KJW in temperatures of 115F / 46.1C and the gun ran and ran. Keep in mind I was Abusing the gun to induce failures and the best I could manage was a broken nylon band, broken plunger in bolt cup and a blown lower where the buffer retainer pin that keeps the buffer inside the buffer tube.

If you run in temperatures below 100F / 37.7C then you will be fine if you are running Propane ONLY.

So get your gun off kid,,,

thats outstanding news... im so glad there is finally a cheap and reliable gbbr thats out there for poor dogs like me... anybody know if tanio koba is planning on making any gbb ak type weapons, i remember seeing a video of him demoing an aks74u... i know thats off topic, and forgive me for it but im curious cuz those ghk models aint up to snuff.
sadly I think its mentioned earlier that this is his last design, so no AK or M14 etc. However, the Big Dragon GBB AK kit on EHobby is fantastic, full teel only the mags useless, and GHK mags (tho expensive) are fine.
thats great... unfortunately i dont have the cash to shell out for that right now or the confidence to drop it into a hollowed out aks body while having to file or modify the parts in some way. good answer to and off topic question i thank you, it looks like my punka** is gonna wait for ghk or some other company to make a more reliable version unless i get a better income... man that tanio koba is evil with his reliable gbb design. :D
Ill post a video up tomorrow night of how to install a tightbore barrel in the KJW. Ill do one of the carrier extension too but itlll take me a few more days.

THANK YOU MY DEAR FRIEND!!!!!!...in the name of all of us who are willing to learn the most about this kind of platform.

I salute you my friend! from a far land

J.

Range Report:

Nothing exciting to report,

Insert Gas,

Load BBs,

Shoot gun at everything not wearing Multi-cam,

Repeat!

Shot 6 mags through gun last weekend.

Shot 11 mags through gun today.

Gun Ran Like A Toyota (Just Keeps Going,,,HA!)

1 Issue to report, Magazine related:

Fill Valve on bottom of magazine needed to be removed, lubed and re-installed.

For those who Do NOT Know - Fill Valve Is 3 Pieces, Long Stem, small internal valve and external portion of valve (the part visible to the eye looking at the Bottom of the magazine)

Removed with standard screw driver bit,

Use Hands Only to disassemble the remainder of the valve,

remove long stem,

removed lower portion (or Bottom half of valve),

lube (Use RC Car Shock Oil - Holds Up Best With Propane)

Re-Assemble and you ready to rock

Keep in Mind I Am Still Using The 2 Original Magazines Purchased With the Gun.

Please Note I ONLY Own 2 Magazines!

Both Have Been Cleaned And Lubed ONLY!

All Original Seals In 6500 + Rounds Through Each Magazine

Gotta say hello to this forum too! :bye1:

Just finished reading through the whole 80 pages of awesomeness... Have to say I'm TRULY impressed!

First, some introduction... Some people might remember me from the time when my WE M4 arrived (I guess I was the first to preview/review it) and for the following months after that. Since then I've been rather quiet on the forum. My trusty old V1 WE M4 is still running, but not without upgrades. And I've encountered my share of problems too. The whole trigger group has been swapped, steel bolt stop added (that too already wearing out), tightbore and CO2 kit installed, all hopup versions tried and tested (latest working the best) etc. And now I'm finally waiting for the NPAS to arrive. All in all an interesting journey and pretty fun moments played with that gun. And a lot of tinkering... Good thing is that the parts have been pretty cheap. With the current setup it's pretty accurate. But the magazines... Ah, well... A lot of work to keep them operating properly. And bolt stop works when it likes (ie. not often). Hopup has never been perfect.

I'll most likely keep the WE at the side for some time, but it's enough to say I REALLY look forward to owning a KJW M4, after reading all the praise for this platform. It seems the KJW is finally what I hoped for WE earlier. But WE hasn't really fulfilled all the promises there were. It's a pretty decent GBBR but I'm pretty tired of all the maintenance that goes into it. Now me and a friend of mine are both considering to join the KJW/TK users pretty soon. Everything I've read so far really makes me almost weep of joy. The waffle-mags don't really bother us since we're aiming for a british SFSG setup with Diemaco's. We're planning to get our lowers laser-engraved with proper trades when we get them. And the velocity reducers from Cradle sounds really promising. Thumbs up for t_hum, Raven and others doing the hard work!!!

Now I'm gonna stick around and I'll report when I have my own KJW M4...

Edited by Lupus78
Range Report:

Nothing exciting to report,

Insert Gas,

Load BBs,

Shoot gun at everything not wearing Multi-cam,

Repeat!

Shot 6 mags through gun last weekend.

Shot 11 mags through gun today.

Gun Ran Like A Toyota (Just Keeps Going,,,HA!)

1 Issue to report, Magazine related:

Fill Valve on bottom of magazine needed to be removed, lubed and re-installed.

For those who Do NOT Know - Fill Valve Is 3 Pieces, Long Stem, small internal valve and external portion of valve (the part visible to the eye looking at the Bottom of the magazine)

Removed with standard screw driver bit,

Use Hands Only to disassemble the remainder of the valve,

remove long stem,

removed lower portion (or Bottom half of valve),

lube (Use RC Car Shock Oil - Holds Up Best With Propane)

Re-Assemble and you ready to rock

Keep in Mind I Am Still Using The 2 Original Magazines Purchased With the Gun.

Please Note I ONLY Own 2 Magazines!

Both Have Been Cleaned And Lubed ONLY!

All Original Seals In 6500 + Rounds Through Each Magazine

question... what was it exactly that gave you indication you needed to lube and reinstall the fill valve?

@ Senators2094

The fill valve was stuck in the down / actuated position.

Gas would literally flow out of the fill valve and empty the magazine in seconds. Just as fast as if the magazine was filled and one would actuate the top valve (where the hammer pin strikes) to quickly empty a magazine.

There is a small o-ring Inside the inner portion of the valve that needed lubrication. Once the valve was lubed it fills and hold gas just fine.

Currently it is filled with gas and will wait 2 weeks and see if the there is still gas in the magazine.

I have had great success with gas being retained in these 2 magazines I have. I play airball once a month and have yet to have either mag completely drain / out gas of propane in the 1 month time span between games,,,

definetly...spare mags is a most!..i was at a skirmish yesterday and tried to pin down more than 3 enemies with mi tanio and went out of ammo....the 30 rounds serve me well for three kills but then i had to finish my run with the m9 pistol and 2 25 rounds mags...today i have ordered 3 mags from airsplat...hope the still have it in stock!

all in all...I LOVE MY GUN!

Left my rifle at work this weekend and so I didnt have it handy to do the video last night. Grabbed the camera today so I could do it today at work and realized I left the delta ring wrench at home! So, Ill do it tonight when I get home. Ill post back when Im finished.

Has anyone else who bought the bolt carrier extension had any problems installing it?

Mine wont go flush against the bolt carrier. I used a rubber mallet to install it. At first it went in with some tapping, as I went along it got tougher and tougher and got to the point where I cant remove it.

Still, I am able to put my upper receiver and lower receiver together. I guess thats the important part.