• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

@Raven1

I was wondering if you could tell me what the fast mag pouches that you were using were or if you've found something better?

Sean,

Standard rails will fit your gun no problems, no need to cut, file or perform any modifications.

Now below is a snap of my CT Vest, the mag pouches are made to fit Two USGI Stanag Magazines Snugly! As you can see the KJW Thermolds fit, but the Fit Is Very Tight. Also notice I usually keep the flap tucked in behind the magazines but the KJW magazines are so thick I am unable to; but pulling them out in a pouch so tight is not practical.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/air...A1/IMG_1530.jpg

Next up are the KJW Magazines in single Fast Mag pouch. The fit is very nice, easily stowed and held / easily accessed when needed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/air...A1/IMG_1531.jpg

For those of you who go with more "commercial" gear such as the Pantac Ciras or other ACM type gear. Traditionally more commercial gear pouches have a more 'Relaxed' fit in regards to magazine retention.

Below is the Pantac double mag pouch. As you can see the pouch isn't stretched tight around the magazines and fit loosely. So loose the magazines are actually falling away from each other.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/air...A1/IMG_1533.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v734/air...A1/IMG_1534.jpg

Single Magazine pouches are no issue either as most have some type of elastic band for added retention and will easily accommodate the KJW M4 or any other M4 magazine.

In Summary:

Double Mag Pouch - Using Eagle, Paraclete, Tactical Tailor, Coyote Tactical or any USGI Stanag Spec Pouches + KJW Thermold = No Go!

Single Mag Pouch - Fast Mag + Thermold = Go

Double Mag Pouch - Pantac / Phantom, ACM or China Made = Go

Single Mag Pouch = Go

@SuicidalSnowman

Those are custom made Coyote Tactical Mag pouches made specifically for the KJW Magazine. If you notice the lined Kydex inserts so the tension can be adjusted. These were initially made for my PMags in the 'Bullets' out configuration but found with the specific insert they hold the KJW magazines very well. If you're interested PM me and I'll give the guys info, the pouches are value priced and he ships any where in the world,,,

As Raven1 alluded to above there could be a problem with the alignment of the two halves of the hop-up. Lock the bolt back and look at the back of the hopup unit. The two halves should be flush with one another. If one is farther forward than the other it could cause twisting of the bucking. This can be solved by taking the hop unit out and reassembling them until they are flush. Its quite easy and worth trying.

Mag Update:

Finally sourced really great American made valves. This weekend we should have flow testing done comparing our valves against other major brand's magazine valves namely GHK, KJW, WE, and a few others. Once we establish these valves are appropriate we can modify our models and get them inserted into the assembly. So, in summation, progress is being made!

Edited by t_hum

-johnyew

thanks again, it warmed up today so i had a chance to see the effects of the installed shrink tubing... it certainly is more consistant than last time and the curving has reduced aswell. i can say that im content with it. now all i gotta do is get a full length tight bore and some more mags along with a holographic sight... believe you me if any of these tinkerers come out with a better hopup arm or hopup all together im gonna be on that like stink on u know what. peace folks and happy hunting. :D

for those with bb's flying off to the side.....have you messed with the inner barrel / hopup? I just looked at mine and it looks like, if you tighten the grub screw too much, it could cause the hop up metal seperate or become "torqued".

It looked odd to me that they would put a screw right where 2 pieces of metal join together.

-oldgamefreak

nah i havent even touched my inner barrel hopup just added some shrink tubing to the arm of course, as far as screws go are you talking about the one that holds the outter and inner barrel together. i have yet to loosen that screw so i dunno. all i know is that they seem to have straightened out with the even placement of shrink tubing. i'll keep that in mind once i get my tightbore thanks

@Raven1. For example they change the innerbarrel? Do you had test the stock weapon accuracy? Possible to shoot a men with the original 450FPS on GG on 200ft?

Absolutely! 200Ft = 66 Yards which is at the Maximum effective range for the Stock KJW Configuration.

Install a custom tight bore inner barrel and make it right at 16" or 406mm and your shot groups will tighten at that distance!

In fact, my custom tight bore inner barrel is Longer than stock at 270mm or Slightly more than 10.5" and my shot groups got tighter. Keep in mind my Outer Barrel is 10.5" with out the Noveske Fire Pig installed. The inner barrel lines up with the outer barrel almost dead even. It resides just inside of the outer barrel,,,

Quick Update!

Will Have a new set of Range Reports:

KJW M4 Lower is at machine shop and is being machined to accept MILSPEC / Ino / G&P Spec Buffer Tube!

Once the gun is back to me I will assemble and begin testing, then report back on performance.

Please Stay Tuned,,,

Quick Update!

Will Have a new set of Range Reports:

KJW M4 Lower is at machine shop and is being machined to accept MILSPEC / Ino / G&P Spec Buffer Tube!

Once the gun is back to me I will assemble and begin testing, then report back on performance.

Please Stay Tuned,,,

hey raven1 wassup buddy...are you trying to tell us that there's going to be a chance to fit a real steel type of buffer tube?????...

I have a report to do...i have read this thread a lot and haven't find the issue that happened to me a week ago at a skirmish....i'll try to explain the issue....I was shooting at a opfor target and then i heard inside my tanio a weird spring like noise....i retired the mag and tried to pull the charging handle to check the chamber and then i realized that it didn't worked as usual...it didn't slide like there were something jammed inside....i tried to open de receivers to see but i saw the buffer were released and like, nor the bolt and buffer did the full cycle....as i couldn't open or move the bolt group or anything...all was jammed...i proceeded to access the spring and buffer via receiver extension and then once retrieved i saw that the bolt slipped beyond the charging handle holds it!...totally out of place...i did a really good tap push on the carrier and it went on place again...dissassembled the BCG and found that my cylinder chipped...not a big thing...i did an extensive shooting on saturday and everything worked fine....shame i didnt took pics of the incident( i never carry a cam in middle of a skirmish)...odd thing...it totally annoyed me that day.

Edited by slipknot1971

hey guys its good arnies is back up and running... last night i broke down and bought one of these

http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=29447

and a set of

http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=28264

http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=28263

i wish i was able to access the site cuz i wanted to get a 16" tightbore but i went with the rails and the hk614 sights. i figure next paycheck i can go for one of them tightbores, but now my biggest concern is whether or not im gonna have to modify my gun a bit to fit the rail system on. also does the free float feature so highly praised in the real steel world carry over to airsoft applications?

thanks in advance for any feed back you folks can give me.

Edited by senators2904

hey guys its good arnies is back up and running... last night i broke down and bought one of these

http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=29447

and a set of

http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=28264

http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=28263

i wish i was able to access the site cuz i wanted to get a 16" tightbore but i went with the rails and the hk614 sights. i figure next paycheck i can go for one of them tightbores, but now my biggest concern is whether or not im gonna have to modify my gun a bit to fit the rail system on. also does the free float feature so highly praised in the real steel world carry over to airsoft applications?

thanks in advance for any feed back you folks can give me.

i read a few pages back that raven 1 i believe used one of those freefloats..not sure...maybe i should look into it again to be more accurate about my guessing...tongue.gif