Check the valves on the magazines. With the magazine empty press the valve in and then release it. It should return almost instantly and not feel sticky when pressing it in. Sticky valves are the biggest cause of bad gas efficiency.

I have 4 magazines and already checked that. It's ok.. but still 20 bbs fired , low and slow recoil after 10bbs...

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

@dotty I had no trouble mounting a variety of hand guards on to the KJW. I installed a m16 length front end and with the triangular cap for the hand guards, m16a2 and m16a1 hand guards fit perfectly as well as the heat shield for my m203.

For any who saw the picture Bleumaglite posted, I'm trying to convert a KJW m4 into a GBBR M16A1. I installed the front end and flash hider no problem, I have a m16a1 pistol grip on the way, and a RS full stock.

I tried modding an AEG full stock, DO NOT ATTEMPT. You'll just butcher a perfectly good stock with no hope of ever mounting it solidly. The initial assessment and the reason why everyone has been having so much trouble with the RS stocks is the buffer tube thread incompatibility. I'm proposing to leave the original buffer tube on the rifle. I plan on taking the end cap off the tube and drilling a hole in the center for a bolt. There's about 4 cm of clearance between the end cap and the farthest back the bolt can go, so I intend to put a nut and washer and get a matching bolt to replace the upper mounting screw for the RS stock.

This is also true, about 2 weeks ago we tried an AEG stock. We ended up butchering it, and we have an RS stock on the way, updates in the upcoming week.

Kix, your M4 is stock inside (no t_hum parts), maybe its the piston cup that causes it?

Hi tom :)

I have no t_hum parts installed yet. ( sent yestarday an email, waiting)

It's stock, just a custom prometheus barrel installed.

Thanks for the tip, now I'm sure it's piston cup. Kinda unusable now ( I used the gun w/ propane ), I tryed to refurbish it, heated w/ a lighter and rebuild the mushroom. It's working now, with a lot of silicon grease, but it's for another 1000 or so bbs i suppose. (now I'm at 5-6000 bbs total , all with propane & 1 can of GG)

I will install t_hum piston ...

Well, I took the gun out again for a skirmish and it seems Im not receiving any venting at all. I relubed the cylinder with the Super Lube silicon grease and shot it and it wass back to normal. This is with the chip in the cup. Amazing! So Im happy it is still working. I am noticing some issues with my mags being dirty since ive never cleaned them before. I need to go and clean them soon.

Well, I took the gun out again for a skirmish and it seems Im not receiving any venting at all. I relubed the cylinder with the Super Lube silicon grease and shot it and it wass back to normal. This is with the chip in the cup. Amazing! So Im happy it is still working. I am noticing some issues with my mags being dirty since ive never cleaned them before. I need to go and clean them soon.

mine keep firing well too...chipped cylinder and all...as for the lubing in the cylinder....are you lubing it in the inside of the cylinder????...just to clarify dude...lol...blink.gif ...smile.gif

mine keep firing well too...chipped cylinder and all...as for the lubing in the cylinder....are you lubing it in the inside of the cylinder????...just to clarify dude...lol...blink.gif ...smile.gif

I am lubing specifically the O ring of the cylinder and the cylinder itself, not the outside of the cup.

Hi tom :)

I have no t_hum parts installed yet. ( sent yestarday an email, waiting)

It's stock, just a custom prometheus barrel installed.

Thanks for the tip, now I'm sure it's piston cup. Kinda unusable now ( I used the gun w/ propane ), I tryed to refurbish it, heated w/ a lighter and rebuild the mushroom. It's working now, with a lot of silicon grease, but it's for another 1000 or so bbs i suppose. (now I'm at 5-6000 bbs total , all with propane & 1 can of GG)

I will install t_hum piston ...

What dimensions is the piston cup ? Would a Koba USP piston cup work?

Dangit, threads like this need recaps every 20 pages, I'm only on page 30 sad.gif

I really gotta look into getting one, likely magpul it, I've got the bug. But first I gotta finish this thread to even know if its worth it!

I read/savored this thread over the course of 4-days, but I had already purchased the Tanio Koba designed KJW M4 after reading all of Raven1's postings at gasgun.info (GGI). I just finished this thread this past Saturday...

The rifle is definitely worth the purchase; coming from someone whose only experience with GBB's stems from owning a WETTI Dark Dragon pistol. The M4 is my first rifle. With that said, I cannot compare to any of the other platforms on the market.

I also own the T_Hum piston and velocity reducer upgrades, a must for my region of the United States, as most of the fields I would potntisally play at require lower fps limits etc. I may also buy the BCG extension, which relieves the stress on the buffer tube detent...not because my receiver is cracking from use, but because I am seeing a defect caused by my overtightening the brass buffer tube while trying to reduce the buffer tube sleeve/stock wobble issue I was having.

I have 1,000 rounds of .25's through my rifle so far, with no issues. Standing and shoulder the rifle, I was able to hit a 9" (22.86 CM) disc repeatedly at 125' (38.1M). Weather is also warming, so I am noticing a distinct stiffer kick when the rifle is fired...truly brings a smile to my face!

For the record, I LUV the Thermold magazine look!

I purchased my rifle from Airsplat for $369, plus 4-spare mags at $39ea. The rifle is non-serialized version. Finish the thread, and find a place to buy...I do not believe you will be dissappointed in the least.

Sorry for the stock image of the rifle, I know it is kinda boring and all, but "plane-Jane" will do till I can introduce her to MOE...

IMG_2610.jpg

Edited by DRAGON64

Glad to hear you've joined the club Dragon. Be sure to post up some pics of her when she is all dressed up.

Kai, how's the gun holding up so far? I know I have been gone for a while; has T-Hum put out anything else? I keep checking his web page here and there, but the site hasn't changed.

Have read the thread 2 times now....

Must have missed the answers to my questions :

- can I use an AEG barrel nut (i.e. do I have to use the AEG Noveske barek nut or the GBB-one)?

- can I fit the thermold mags in a fastmag holder?

@ Raven1 : any news on the conversion for the RS buffer tube?

Have read the thread 2 times now....

Must have missed the answers to my questions :

- can I use an AEG barrel nut (i.e. do I have to use the AEG Noveske barek nut or the GBB-one)?

- can I fit the thermold mags in a fastmag holder?

@ Raven1 : any news on the conversion for the RS buffer tube?

As far as the AEG barrel nut, yes. Both of my front sets are G&P AEG.

Kai, how's the gun holding up so far? I know I have been gone for a while; has T-Hum put out anything else? I keep checking his web page here and there, but the site hasn't changed.

Hey! Welcome back! My gun is still holding up just fine! I have all of T-Hum's parts in the gun right now and it is working perfectly, even after a good am

ount of skirmishing and abuse.

Currently there are only four parts T hum has available

Just the TB barrel, extension to the BCG, reducer, and cylinder.

@Ian24

Regarding the RS Buffer Tube Mod:

It has turned out well, I am waiting on yet another Mod before I will start testing.

The Selector Switch is being machined to be an AMBI-Selector.

Once I get that back from the machine shop then I will assemble the lower and test the gun.

Also waiting on my RS Magpul A.S.A.P Plate as well to finish the assembly of the Buffer Tube Mod.

I haven't forgotten about posting info, just have not had any soluble data to post as of yet.

As always guys thank you for your interest and I will post up a full range report / How To Guide when it is fully ready to go.

The mags will work with the version 3 FastMags as well. I got mine from ebay banned and they work just fine. You have to give them a bit of an extra push to get them all he way in, but they will sit in there even after a good shaking, running, etc. I have them mounted on my belt and on my bandoleer. Both are fine.

@Ian24

It has turned out well, I am waiting on yet another Mod before I will start testing.

Very interesting, although I am a 'righty' I shoot lefty, and an Ambi-selector would be nice. I suppose if I worked with Real Steel, I would have to teach myself to shoot righty due to the location of the shell ejection port...

Nevertheless, looking forward to the update.

@Ian24

Once I get that back from the machine shop then I will assemble the lower and test the gun.

Also waiting on my RS Magpul A.S.A.P Plate as well to finish the assembly of the Buffer Tube Mod.

I haven't forgotten about posting info, just have not had any soluble data to post as of yet.

As always guys thank you for your interest and I will post up a full range report / How To Guide when it is fully ready to go.

And would it be a mod that can be done by every machine shop, or will it be a service that will be offered by Craddle airsoft as well?...