6061-T6 aluminum billet. Cost right now is TBD pending testing. Its hard to price something out if Im not sure this is a final revision (it probably isn't as I want to get firm engineering numbers for ring gland width and depth as well as source o-rings that will last a long time with propane use). Holes in the piston head are not really necessary here as a properly cut ring gland allows the o ring to exert all the force necessary for a good seal.

Pricing will be posted after I can ensure it will outlast the life of the gun and also pending permission from a Mod to post commercial-ish posts.

I will tell you though that the head seals at very low pressures right now so at high pressure I can expect even better results.

FPS adjuster is next. Should have it mostly done tomorrow. If you thought this was sexy, just wait until you see the adjuster.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

6061-T6 aluminum billet. Cost right now is TBD pending testing. Its hard to price something out if Im not sure this is a final revision (it probably isn't as I want to get firm engineering numbers for ring gland width and depth as well as source o-rings that will last a long time with propane use). Holes in the piston head are not really necessary here as a properly cut ring gland allows the o ring to exert all the force necessary for a good seal.

Pricing will be posted after I can ensure it will outlast the life of the gun and also pending permission from a Mod to post commercial-ish posts.

I will tell you though that the head seals at very low pressures right now so at high pressure I can expect even better results.

FPS adjuster is next. Should have it mostly done tomorrow. If you thought this was sexy, just wait until you see the adjuster.

Awesome man, please post some test results once you are done.

looks really good.

how is it held on?

also does any one know if a dboys or king arms casv system will fit on these I've been looking around and it sounds like the casv system is a bit temperamental about the barrel nut.

thanks in advance

If it is the G&P style barrel nut you'll have no problem,

star-kit-22-bk_big.jpg

The picture above actually shows 2 barrel nuts as the kit only arrives with one.

KJW Update

Saturday, September 5th, 2009

0540 Hours

Below is the email I received from KJ Works regarding my parts needed / order.

Looks like pulling out the big gun was the way to do it. They still don't have a dedicated English speaking person for customer service. But we were able to get er done in terms of getting what was needed,,,

Hi You Big Stud You,

The part #7.15.17.17A.35 need pay the money.

Cost $1010 TWD=32.00 USD.

Shipping fee is $3.00 USD.

And the part #9.53.74.M19 is with Warranty.

Our paypal account is kjworks@ms47.hinet.net

Thank you!

Clare

:bestgun: Wow, so this gun does awesome! I'm re leaved to know that finally a company made a worth while Airsoft GBB Rifle that doesn't need a durability upgrade for the price of it's real steel counter part... amazing, there must be a working brain out there in some corporation that figured that one out! :cookiemonster:

So... well I've made up my mind, and it's time to sell my ###### and get into the GBB world.

That is pretty interesting :huh: The prototype had a stanag style mag and the final version has a Thermold. I'm starting to wonder whether there is more to the thermold than just Koba liking the look.

the reason why they used a thermold in the end is because it had more space than a stanag mag to work on

the reason why they used a thermold in the end is because it had more space than a stanag mag to work on

Evidently, but more space to do what exactly? The current thermold mags can shoot 3 times the bb capacity for one fill of gas. Why not make a mag with smaller gas capacity and have it look like a STANAG if it were just a matter of space?

The gas reservoir is quite large in the thermold mags. When Raven1 and I had his apart it seemed like the mag is 75% reservoir. The expansion chamber took up a bit of room in the upper third of the mag. Certainly a stanag could be made with a slightly smaller reservior and only get 10-15 fewer shots per mag. The question is, how to petition KJW to make them...

And, no, I wouldnt like to see another company make them because theyre likely not going to be as amazingly leak free as the KJW mags, will lack an expansion chamber, and will cost double or more what KJW would ask for them. I guess after seeing all the options for the WA platform Ive lost a bit of faith in the majority of companies making aftermarket parts, including mags.

Edit: What will more likely occur is someone will clone the KJW design and release their GBB with stanags. Who is next to the GBB game? Dboys/cyma? With JG in the market, its only a matter of time.

Edited by t_hum
The gas reservoir is quite large in the thermold mags. When Raven1 and I had his apart it seemed like the mag is 75% reservoir. The expansion chamber took up a bit of room in the upper third of the mag. Certainly a stanag could be made with a slightly smaller reservior and only get 10-15 fewer shots per mag. The question is, how to petition KJW to make them...

And, no, I wouldnt like to see another company make them because theyre likely not going to be as amazingly leak free as the KJW mags, will lack an expansion chamber, and will cost double or more what KJW would ask for them. I guess after seeing all the options for the WA platform Ive lost a bit of faith in the majority of companies making aftermarket parts, including mags.

Edit: What will more likely occur is someone will clone the KJW design and release their GBB with stanags. Who is next to the GBB game? Dboys/cyma? With JG in the market, its only a matter of time.

Very True!

Also besides the choice of Thermold the one thing I noticed is the BBs are aligned in a staggered pattern. When going MilSim the best and obvious choice for a 30 round magazines is Always single stacked for the most reliable feeding! Other than the look of the magazines this is really the only other issue I have with the over all design of the magazine.

When I took a look I was doing so with the intent of figuring out a pmag/midcap mod. I walked away feeling like that really isnt going to happen with these mags. They are just too big when compared to a pmag or stanag and the feeding mechanism is designed in such a way I dont think expanding the capacity is possible. Its a downer but Im content to modify my shooting behavior until in lieu of midcaps (that is, until someone releases one).

Ive toyed with the idea of remaking the lower 2/3rds of the mag out of aluminum billet and making the outside shaped in such a way that it could fit into a pmag but by the time I get it designed and a produce a reliable prototype Im sure some company will have released something else that could be modified to work.

While Im not a huge fan of the thermold look, it really isnt THAT bad.