• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

after testing it without the valve today results were the same. i expected gas efficiency to be crappy but the full auto still stopped on me. i dunno what the issue could be. its so annoying to think that after about 5-6 months of use with propane i have to switch to 134a. i dont know why but something tells me it could be something with my trigger assembly... its just a feeling though.

T_Hum and I were thinking of some ways to narrow down hop issues. We swapped 3 receivers , 3 outer barrels, three inner barrels etc, still could not isolate enough. Thus you have the worlds first TDC(top dead center) hopup adjustment for the KJW M4. Will be doing some testing tomorrow. What I can say so far is that theres unlimited travel of the hop arm, its very precise and offers 'infinite adjustment' and that the hop arm does not swing side to side when pressure is applied.

This mod was done to mainly address two issues:

1. infinite hop adjustment in very small adjustments

2. eliminate the entire wheel design as being an issue with hop.

dscf2409u.jpg

dscf2414f.jpg

<_< hmm wonder what other upper improvements could be made at the same time, maybe a VLTOR style upper :D

anyways

IMG_2055.jpg

IMG_2056.jpg

That's how it looks fitted. Tried again today same issue, it's intermittent but can't get it without the extension. Problem seems magnified if the gun is held with the barrel pointing down wards say 30 - 45 degrees.

Yeah, if this works and I offered it as a custom service people would have to send them in for modification. Im not sure what Im going to do yet. Ill wait for testing results first.

Weekeny, Im baffled. Sending you a PM regarding the issue so we can figure out a way to solve it.

Had a rather strange occurrence yesterday, the screw holding in my cradle airsoft piston managed to undo itself, despite being loctited in place. Originally I'd borrowed some loctite from my lab tech, who had access to every type known to man, however, I don't have that right now, so which type should I get?

Ive seen it happen a few times. Occasionally the insides of the grooves don't duburr well enough and leave a sharp edge. Taking the o-rings on and off a lot makes it worse. New parts are going to be made on a new machine in the near future that mill-deburrs each slot. If you see a sharp edge a quick buff with sandpaper can knock the burr down.

Or could you start producing receivers so then the rest of us can stop crying over wanting second full uppers? rolleyes.gif

You need to go back in the thread and read what he said about creating receivers. It's just not going to happen, you want a receiver? They are about $90 imported STRIPPED. To make ONE custom, you are probably looking at 300-400$

I'm going to try and do some testing this afternoon if I have time, if not , tomorrow.

Wowza wowza, hostility monster in the thread! :P.

I need to go back in the thread? Bud, I've had my KJW for nearly a full year now because I been reading this thread back at page 40. Learn to take a joke, I was already talking to T_Hum about it and he knew I was joking too. Sheesh, some people.

Edited by Shadow_Ocelot

Wowza wowza, hostility monster in the thread! :P.

I need to go back in the thread? Bud, I've had my KJW for nearly a full year now because I been reading this thread back at page 40. Learn to take a joke, I was already talking to T_Hum about it and he knew I was joking too. Sheesh, some people.

Your post did not come over in a sarcastic manner, mine was not hostile.

Andrew12, several pages back you said you might be able to get in a shipment of metal uppers. Any news regarding that? I'd love to make myself a cqb upper.

Yes, however they will be substantially higher priced than I had originally thought. I am trying to source another person to help import them right now, the company I was dealing with wanted $120 shipped for each one.

TDC Update:

TDC is a success at properly actuating the hop arm, however it is very sensitive. 1/8-1/10th turns are needed with the current threading to adjust hop. With my completely stock gun with 250mm stock barrel, my limit on engaging targets is Probably 200ft, after that the hop is too erratic. right now all I have are echo1 .28's and madbull .36's, the MB's are hitting man sized trash cans at 230ft but its only 5/10 times.