• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Curious, how has the plastic upper receiver been holding up. I remember seeing someone on here with one and I just wanted to know feel differences, quality of the plastic, and how it has been holding up under use.

It feels like any other plastic/polymer body. My buddies upper took a dump, so it's been installed on his to test it out. There was no issues swapping all the parts (hop up, forward assist, dust cover) over. Only time will tell though how it'll hold up. I'll update if anything happens.

Hey guys,

Picked up a KJW M4 locally that has been disassembled and reassembled by the previous owner. It has erratic auto fire. Sometimes you can get a good burst, sometimes it short strokes, sometimes it vents. Semi runs 100% perfectly.

My guess is its not properly assembled. Is it normal for the selector not be able to switch to auto when the hammer is down? I know you can't put it on safe with the hammer down, but switching from semi to auto should still work, no? It moves almost all the way, but then the gray trigger sear blocks it apparently.

Regards,

Alex

Hey guys,

Picked up a KJW M4 locally that has been disassembled and reassembled by the previous owner. It has erratic auto fire. Sometimes you can get a good burst, sometimes it short strokes, sometimes it vents. Semi runs 100% perfectly.

My guess is its not properly assembled. Is it normal for the selector not be able to switch to auto when the hammer is down? I know you can't put it on safe with the hammer down, but switching from semi to auto should still work, no? It moves almost all the way, but then the gray trigger sear blocks it apparently.

Regards,

Alex

There could be something lodged in your fire control group. Maybe shake it out or hose it out with some water and see if it does anything?

Cant take a pic atm but ill try to explain. The leg of the spring should sit flush with the inside of the fire control pocket. Sometimes the spring wanders towards the center of the pocket and interferes with the auto sear arm that contacts the fire selector.

Everything seems fine. Mag valves are not sticky, piston is fine, trigger group seems fine. But - the striker might be the issue? I notice that moving it up and down has quite some friction. Inserting a mag with the hammer down, and then racking it results in dryfire, the striker sticks in the upper forward position. So I have to rack the bolt carrier without a magazine in there.

Can someone guide me with disassembling the striker out of the lower receiver so I can inspect it and reassemble?

Thanks for the compliments. I really dont deserve nearly that much credit.

I dont have a video for the lower parts disassembly. Id be happy to do one if I weren't absolutely slammed with stuff to get done. Mags for both systems and the BCGs for the WA system are consuming more time that I already have to offer.

No reason somebody else couldn't do one though...

Ok some more FPS testing 3 x freshly gassed Propane mags. Mixed weight ASG Blaster BB's

10 x 0.2's

10 x 0.25's

10 x 0.3's

Results -

0.2 High 330 Low 305 Average 317

0.25 High 308 Low 285 Average 293

0.3 High 283 Low 277 Average 278

So 0.2 to 0.25 average loss 24fps 0.25 to 0.3 average loss 15fps, going by what I've seen on AEG's I'd expected a loss of 30fps for every 0.05 increase in weight. Ok so these results are not as freakishly close together as the other weeks quicky 0.2 vs 0.25 test but looking at the high vs low there was still a little cross over and interesting not much loss in average speed going from 0.25 to 0.3.

Well there you have it interesting or :Zzz: you decide, I found it interesting lol.

PS gun has been modified for under 330fps using Cradle Velocity Reducer.

Edited by weekenny

Any one found a speed loader that can work with out using the kjw "slow" loader that ships with the gun? I've tried using this gun in the field a few times and it's amazing fun (that is when when i'm feeling fit enough to cart around 7 mags + all the paraphernalia for reloads) However when its time to refill the mags it's game over (or scrabble around in the mud looking for all the various small parts whilst people shoot you in face) Any one built a speed loader for the KJW m4?

Can someone please put a how-to vid online to install the NPAS?

I can't imagine how to get it in and working.

There is a large imbus in de bc, at about the same place as with the WA. Only difference: I can't get the imbus out... It just sits there. I turn it but it won't come out..

PLEASE help me people.. :P I wanna skirmish it next sunday.