• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Anyone else try swapping hop up rubbers to fix their hop issues? After changing hop rubbers, I noticed that I was getting much more consistency with my hop up. No more droppers and I can easily overhop .25s on the 4th and 5th setting. This hop up mystery keeps getting more

and more frustrating...but hey, this is what fixed mine.

Which hop up bucking are you using? Replacement KJW or RA-Tech?

I have yet to take the hop up out yet, but that is my theory. That the engagement point of the hop up arm is not enough, uneven or some combination of the two. That is why I was wondering if a nubbin could be added. That would allow the hop up arm to press the nubbin and not the rubber. This might create a good even contact point. Of course, that idea is shot down by the reality that the hop up on a KJW does not use a nubbin. So never mind!

I am intrigued though by the use of a square contact point on the Ratech hop up rubber. In my theory that seems like it would allow more/more even contact between the rubber and the hop up arm. OTH it might be worthless. Then we have papayasalad who swapped out the factory installed hop up rubber with a KJW provided replacement. That seemed to correct his hop up issues. That might be a clue to a cure , but until more people try it with before and after testing who can say?

I need a couple of spare parts anyway and I think I will include an order for a new hop up rubber also just to see if there is a difference.

Has anyone else had the RA-Tech NPAS valve strip on them? I had mine adjusted to shoot 390FPS for the past 2 days, then as I chrono it this morning it consistently shot 470FPS. After opening it up, I found the disk part of the valve closed shut while the set screw was still protruding like it was adjusted. Most likely gonna buy me a replacement and backup. Might even try out the Cradle velocity reducer.

Finally got to shoot somewhere further than my backyard and find out there is no or very little hop adjustment. Will definitely try out the RA-Tech hop up rubber as it looks like the larger nub would do better.

A few observations myself and a few customers have made recently regarding the hop issues...

The stock KJW barrel has a hop window width of .147". The Madbull barrels I sell are .165" and other brand AEG barrels are pushing .176". Several customers are reporting that they get better hop, or in a very few cases overhop, with the tightbores (which have that wider opening width.).

Im starting to wonder if the hop window on the stock KJW barrels is too narrow. Rather than the nub entering the barrel its being stopped by the edges of the window making hop ineffective. This could be from inconsistent widths on the barrel itself or inconsistent dimensions of the hop rubbers. For someone with a stock barrel on hand that is having terrible hop it might be worth trying to widen the window slightly to see if that solves the issue. I dont have my stock barrel on hand otherwise I would give it a shot myself.

Keep it! The WA platform falls far shorter than the KJW. You will spend that 300 Euro twice again over to have a skirmishable rifle. I am Cradle Airsoft, btw. If youre not happy with the RA-tech reducer you should take a look at the one we make. It should work without hassle for the life of your gun as the users here can attest to.

The community will have the hop issues sorted very soon I think. After that, there is no reason not to own one.

First post on Arnies~

I know I don't have any credibility here in particular, though I am a regular to another forum, and this being my first post will make me seem like an absolute n00b; so please excuse the following. I know my answer might already be in this thread, but I hope you understand the my inability to read the 100+ pages. Again, excuse me if I'm being annoying, hopefully I'll become a regular here eventually.

I finally have the funds to supply myself with the RA-Tech Custom KJW M4 and I just wanted to get some opinions from the KJ M4 experts. Do you guys think it is necessary for me to buy the RA-Tech custom? Or would I be better off just buying the stock KJW from eHobby or something? Also, is there anything I should look out for when first receiving the KJW M4, like common problems that can be fixed easily. Any tips that would prolong the life of the KJW would be nice too. Oh and one last thing, to those who are in the US, have/did you had any trouble getting in the KJW M4, or any GBBR, to pass customs without a hassle?

Again, sorry for my ability to seem like a complete n00b and be annoying.