I know I don't have any credibility here in particular, though I am a regular to another forum

I can recognize an MI user anywhere wink.gif

Do you guys think it is necessary for me to buy the RA-Tech custom? Or would I be better off just buying the stock KJW from eHobby or something?

I would go the route of buying the stock one, and replacing a few pieces internally with T_Hum's Cradle Airsoft parts. I'm not sure what all RA tech puts into their custom, but if you bought all of the upgrades from T_Hum that I bought (O-Ring Piston, velocity reducer, and bolt extension) it comes out to less than the $110 extra that their custom rifle is.

Also, is there anything I should look out for when first receiving the KJW M4, like common problems that can be fixed easily. Any tips that would prolong the life of the KJW would be nice too.

T_Hum has an arrangement of parts that help prolong the life of the KJW, but most importantly just make sure everything stays clean! Also, be careful opening it, don't let things swing freely on the pins (upper receiver tabs crack that way).

Oh and one last thing, to those who are in the US, have/did you had any trouble getting in the KJW M4, or any GBBR, to pass customs without a hassle?

I've bought two, and had 0 problems with customs :). Just know that Ehobby might ask you for a customs fee if you order it from them that can hit you the day that it reaches your house, so try to order the rifle itself from a US distributor if possible.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I personally avoid Airsplat for some undisclosed reasons, I'd rather buy from eHobby if there's no problem getting through customs.

T-Hum, I took a look at your products and I'll strongly consider it over buying the RA-Tech custom. However, it seems that if I buy a stock KJW and install T_Hum's parts, I won't have a TBB like the RA-Tech one does. I heard the KJW was compatible with AEG barrels but then later found out it was only compatible with VSR barrels and pistol buckings. Can someone confirms this?

Thanks again.

They aren't on the site yet. Our new site is being worked on as we speak. Its been a huge waiting game until we could get far along enough on the new WA products and KJW magazines. Theyll be on the new site.

We can do any length you'd like up to 455mm. The 6.01's sell for $55 modified and ready to go.

You can contact me at contact@cradleairsoft.com to work out the details of an order if you decide to go that route.

Alright T-Hum, when it's time to upgrade, I'll certainly look to your products. However, that is if I actually follow through with purchasing a KJW M4, I'm a very indecisive person which has caused me a lot problems in the past...:mellow:. The KJW M4 is pretty high up on the list of considerations which also consists of a RS T56, KWA USP, KWA CZ75 and the new KWA 191's. Decisions decisions~

Back on topic, what about bucking compatibility? Does anyone know what buckings work with the KJW M4?

t_hum, I wish I heard of your products before purchasing from RA-Tech.

Just got this sucker in.

IMG_2038.jpg

Stock (black) on the left, RA-Tech (blue) on the right. Nub is a bit larger and placed a just a tad more to the rear.

IMG_2041.jpg

It was difficult get a picture of it but the RA-Tech hop up rubber has a different style of (don't know what to call it) bb contact point. The stock runs across the top while the RA-Tech kinda just protrudes from the center. Maybe this goes along with t_hum's claim on how the hop up rubber could be getting caught on the barrel opening.

Well, RA-Tech hop up rubber is currently installed in the rifle. Adjusting the hop up dial is showing adjustment on the bucking, so it is looking better than the stock rubber. Shot tests can't be done at the moment because my backyard isn't large enough to dial in hop. I will provide more details within the next few days. Hope this helps some with the hop up issue.

Edited by WTF?Shane

After several tests, I am leading to believe that the RA-Tech NPAS valve isn't made for propane use. That and with the use of a 363mm 6.03 RA-Tech inner barrel, hop up rubber, and piston head, achieving a velocity under 400FPS is nowhere near possible. Might have better luck if using the stock inner barrel. Just received the 2nd and 3rd valves a few hours ago and tested them about 30 minutes ago.

IMG_2043.jpg

Second valve after about 35rds and trying to get under 400FPS.

IMG_2045.jpg

Third valve after 30rds and adjusting to 450FPS. Stopped there because at this point I'm thinking the valve is useless.

IMG_2049.jpg

So here it is. First valve stripped after about 5 mags. Tried to Jimmy-rig it to shoot lower, but not very stable. Second broke after 35rds and third after 30rds.

t_hum, I sent you an email asking about the velocity range for your velocity reducer. I will be putting an order for one soon.

@koolaidz830952

Save yourself the money and purchase a stock KJW M4 and a Cradle Piston. That's what I'm running and it's been great to me. If you want to down the FPS for CQB/field engagement limits, purchase the velocity reducer as well from Cradle and call it a day. There's installation videos for both parts and its incredibly simple. Hope that helps you out a bit.

Shane, thanks for the post! It is giving us more info toward a solution.

I second Papaysalad's post. T_Hums stuff is great, he can link you to a installation vid, and it is easy to install. I have read several cases of Ratech parts (The velocity adjuster is the big one) having some issues. There is nothing to fail on the T-Hum velocity adjuster, it is very simple and bullet proof.

I can also highly recommend t_hum's (Cradle) parts. They're all you'll need. I've got the velocity reducer, carrier extension, o-ring piston and the modified madbull tightbore in mine. I've also made the shrink wrap mod for the hopup and the gun works like a champ.

i too have o ring piston, carrier extension, velocity reducer, and madbull tightbore. I've fielded my gun over 15 times and never had a single problem, No jams, no misfeeds, no problems on auto, this thing runs like a champ. I've done the shrink wrap mod and don't have a problem with my hop up and can actually over hop my .30g bb's

Note for those who need to order extra parts. I've ordered from clare over 3 times. This past time, instead of emailing her and waiting for a 2 week replay with prices, I just looked up the prices in TWD on the back of my manual and converted them and just added 3.5 USD for shipping (the price for shipping the past 3 times.) I don't know if they made an exception for this one time, or they recognized my paypal id but i got a response the item shipped within 48 hours of sending the money. Your results my vary.

This past time i ordered some kjw buckings to see if they will change anything.

How are the working prototypes of pmags going?

check ur spam folder i had that problem too.

You sir are awesome :D

I didn't realise that my ntl email was filtering at the server end as my spam here was empty :o sadly though the saved old spam didn't go far back. But enough that I know I can get METAL uppers shipped to the UK for $59 :D

Think I'll order a couple for me and a team mate means I can get one weighed to see how much I could ship it to the states for.

You sir are awesome :D

I didn't realise that my ntl email was filtering at the server end as my spam here was empty :o sadly though the saved old spam didn't go far back. But enough that I know I can get METAL uppers shipped to the UK for $59 :D

Think I'll order a couple for me and a team mate means I can get one weighed to see how much I could ship it to the states for.

This is great news. I'd definitely pick up one or two from you if you could do that.