Thum, you know I am always down for your KJW parts. Put one in for me as well!

Also, just installed my RA tech rubber. With .25's, I notice a definite difference. My gun no longer has the super abrupt drop it did before after 30 feet. I am noticing, though, that I am having trouble over hopping .25's. I also was not able to fill my mags up as it was just residual gas as I dont have my new propane adapter yet. Well see what happenes when my plastic receiver arrives.

Also, quick question. Will using a plastic receiver make the gun work better in the cold due to the plastic not becoming as cold as the metal? Much like the plastic GBB pistol vs metal in cold weather effect.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I would be very interested in the new bolt, but need dollars first!!! Ughh.

My only question now about the hop issues is why my rifle would just start to show the signs of it now, when before it didn't. It sounded like some people had problems with their hops right out of the box, while others seemed to have it all of a sudden? Mine is losing it bit by bit, but I still have yet to attempt any type of shrink wrap or other mods.

So the RA tech rubber already ripped??

Tried shooting in the day time. It seems the blue rubber still does not hop up enough, nor does me rotating the dial give me ANY difference in hop up difference. The only setting that worked is the very last one where it isnt even clicked in, it is just that long solid rotation before returning to setting 1 of the hop up. That overhopped .28's but anything less made them drop 40 feet or so. I wonder if the dial has anything to do with this.

Oh god.. I just fixed my hopup, without any replacement parts. :P

I replaced the stock outerbarrel with an AEG CQB barrel (G&P), I pushed the rubber down about 20 times (down, like the hopup would do). After that I put the hop on setting 5 and now it's shoots about 40-50 meters, dead on.

Strange.:wide-eyed:

I noticed that Ehobby asia is carrying the KSC M4A1 now. I would think that model is VERY likely to get seized if shipped to the US. KWA has not gotten approval yet from the BATF to release their "non police" version of the M4A1. So I can understand Redwolf's caution.

As T_Hum noted though several vendors carry the KJW stateside, and a used one might also have a lot of upgrades already installed as a discount. There are options, this gun is worth a little extra trouble. :)

Sure, I'd be interested in a used one with upgrades but I haven't been refunded my money yet and I'm starting to get worried. People claim that Redwolf has great service but I have yet to receive a reply after asking for a refund which they said they would give me. I'm giving them an extra day due to time zone differences. If I end up getting store credit however, I will probably just buy a WA 1911. It seems like Redwolf is the only retailer who has the one I want.

What really bothers me is the fact that Redwolf wouldn't send a KJW M4, it clearly is not a real AR. I mean, it has a rubber band on it's BCG which is composed of two pieces, one being a PLASTIC front end.

Darn ATF~

The ATF is being very strange about gbb rifles as of late. They modified a company's (I believe the WETTI model) to fire a round off. Granted, they had to heavily modify (i.e. almost rebuild the gun.....) to make it do so, so they have been ridiculous about other gbbrs. I believe this to be the reason why KJW does not want to ship metal uppers. Who knows though.

Why the airsplat reluctance? I've had good experiences with them. I haven't heard any horror stories but maybe I haven't looked hard enough...

It's not anything like that, it's just that it will cost me more than it would have from Redwolf. I was looking at $425 shipped with 3 extra magazines, now it will be around $480. I've ordered from Airsplat 2 or 3 times without any problems as well.