• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

I've been eyeing and emailing stores for the past couple weeks on the CQBR. I don't know why i didn't try to contact WGC first before placing my order (I guess i just trusted them). I don't really have any confidence that they'll be able to get stock in 3 weeks (or anyone to get them for that matter).

So i've been toying with the idea of just buying all of the important parts from KJW directly and then slapping my own custom stuff afterwards. But I need help in determining what are all of the little parts that I'd need.

I'd be looking to put my own:

pistol grip

RIS/hand guard

inner barrel

outer barrel

stock

piston/o-ring seal

and any other upgrade part i can get from cradle airsoft

Do you guys think this is worth it? Or would the cost of the individual parts far surpass the cost of getting a complete rifle?

ehhh plastic upper? I'm sure strength-wise it'll be fine (i own glocks so i'm no stranger to polymer)... but i'm willing to bet it will look ugly.

I'm not TOO concerned about aesthetics as this is going to be a training tool to practice for 3 gun events.

Maybe i'll just suck it up and get it stateside. I guess i'd rather pay extra and be SURE to have it rather than wait 3 weeks to find out if they will even get any...

I hope WGC gives me my money back. They were talking about giving me store credit...

I checked the other day before ordering from WGC... its out of stock there, as it is at many other places. I just replied to WGC... if they can confirm that they will in fact get it within 3 weeks... i'll just sit tight. But for some reason I get the feeling that its going to take longer *shruggs*.

Are the tabs breaking issue common or maybe just for the folks who make good rugged use out of their rifles?

Tabs breaking is probably the second most common issue after the hop up not working properly, I personally have experienced both but as I have read someone say the broken tabs could be a user caused issue due to carelessness, lettng the upper hang freely by just the front tabs.

If you plan on putting a custom front end on the gun why not get the full size model and replace the front end to convert it to a cqb, the inner barrel is always cqb length on these guns for some unexplainable reason.

I got my second one from ehobby and they force you to choose express 3 day shipping 70 bucks or so but the toal was around 330 and it was here in 3 days flat. Highly recommended.

I thought about that... but i'd be content with the CQB model.

If anything, I'd change the front end way later down the line if i ever found a front end i liked used.

I'll check out some front ends... because airsplat has the cqb for 399 shipped. If I get it from ehobby, that would be an extra 70 that i could spend on a front end...

does anyone know if KJW started shipping the standard M4 with standard usgi type mags?

I purchased one through amazon and then later contacted the seller to confirm... he said the bolt looks slightly different from pictures and the mags weren't the thermold style. He also said the box came with 3 mags.

He is did admit to being new to the airsoft realm but also confirmed that his invoice did say KJW on it.

Any thoughts?

I'm trying to get pictures of what he has...

You got a link to this KJW M4 on Amazon? Sounds like your going to get ripped off unfortunatly :(

Only are thermold mags for this RIF... Till T Hum releases his Pmags.

If I were you I would of got a Magpul'ised KJW M4 of Ehobby $400 here I would demand the original carry handle though.

I just don't get the fake bullets thing. Last thing I want to do is look for them after they have been fired.

just checked the Tanio Koba homepage and this is a model gun that doesn't shoot actual BBs. It is a collectors weapon or a movie prop. The barrel is filled and it fires shells with .001g or gunpowder in them. At over 1,000 dollars it is pretty expensive :)

Edited by dstole

The seller was real cool about it, turns out he didn't have a kjw and was mislead himself. He since takendownthe listing andgave me a refund.

I'm ready to buy stateside or through ehobby, my only dilemma nowbis whether I should wait and see what comes out of SHOT show, or just go ahead secure myself with a cqbr model.

It's just that anything that's released/unvieled prolly won't be available for long time...

Just gamed my new kjw at a game recently, and cant help but smile. Just wondering what kind of sling adapter I can use on this thing. Can I just use the ones meant for WA and grindout the bottom nub. how will it stay in place?

Hey dude...you can use this one...

http://www.kingarms.com/productpage.asp?prodid=743

or this one...(mine has this one actually)...only a minor sanding and ready to go!

http://www.kingarms.com/productpage.asp?prodid=1642

cheers!

got my cqbr!!! I"m impressed (but there's no surprise there).

I haven't gotten my propane adapter yet so i haven't had a change to try it.

My only concern right now is that my take down pins are difficult to push out. In fact, i need to use a punch just to back it out. Once it's out about half way... i can use my finger to pull it out.... but when I do... the rear pin ALWAYS pulls all the way out. Then i have to wrestle with the detent pin to put it back in (PITA).

Putting it back in is the same struggle... it looks like everything is lined up... but it just just DIFFICULT to push the pin back in.... so i have to use a punch again...

Anyone else's like this?

The pins loosen up quickly. You can also try some lube on them. After a few pulls the back will be removable tool free the front still requires a little nudge but then again how often do you need to remove the front pin, only for a full takedown really. I am glad the pins are in well you dont want them shaking out during a game and dumping all you insides all over the dirty ground.

Well... I got to try her out over at airsoft gi today (I couldn't wait until my propane adapter kit came in and these guys will let you test fire using their green gas and bbs for free!).

One of the guys was fairly impressed (he owned an inokatsu). I also got the chrono... Averaging 460ish.

I think the cradle soft upgrades will be on order soon

Which RIS Systems fits without problems? Does AEG RIS Systems fits?

I tried the search function, but nothing comes with the key word RIS...

Eh you might have to file down certain parts of a standard KAC style 7" RIS. For the best effect, I would purchase a free float RIS with a proprietary barrel nut. That way you know it will fit. However, this doesn't fit some rifle "kit" looks if you're going for a dated era.

I just wanted to let you all know that the serialized M4 still lives. I got this rifle way back on page (insert low page number here!) and its still a trooper. This was back when there was only one KJW m4, the full length M4 barrel type, and you had to machine your own 10.5"! My 00075.

25d7a371.jpg

Edited by wdahm519