Hi guys, Im looking for a RIS system for the KJW m4, and I found this pic:

MGS4011.jpg

Notice how the RIS system have a RIS cup in front. However after searching anywhere I only found the similar RIS without any indication that theres room for a RIS cup to hang on to.

Isnt the ris in the pic supposed to be a free float? So why is the RIS cup there?

Heres and example pic, look at the flat front part with no indication of attaching any RIS cup.

140.jpg

Edited by delarosa
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

If it doesn't wobble it may be because it touches the rail, and this means it negates the free float part of the barrel, as far as I can tell.

The rail you mean the ris?

So its better to not use the cup?

Another question is, Im new to this free float ris thing, how does it work actually? What I know is, it would attach to the upper receiver. But then it doesnt come into contact with the outer barrel, does this mean the outer barrel would likely to wobble a lot because theres no "support" from the ris? And because the ris doesnt touch the outer barrel, doesnt it put a lot of stress to the "neck" of the upper receiver when the hand is actually holding it when we are in the "shoot" position?

In a free float system the rail is firmly mounted to the upper receiver via the barrel nut. Some grip the nut radially while others grip it axially. The method doesnt really matter and varies for mfg to mfg. The point is they grip very tightly. The barrel is also held in by the barrel nut. It shouldnt wobble at all. The handguards dont give strength to the barrel is a non-ris setup. In fact, its the barrel that supports the grip.

I have to say I am not a fan of the free float. It could be the brand of front end I used on the KJ I just finished building but when it was set and done the barrel had a lot of wobble, about a quarter inch up and down and left an right and if I ever dropped the gun I feel like I could have bent it. I ended up fashioning a "cup" type piece for the front end to hook up the two. Don't think the free float has any real benefits in airsoft since the recoil is so minor and if the barrel is wobbling its probably throwing off your accuracy on full auto more than its helping.

Here is a couple cell phone pics.

post-31158-0-83625900-1298996774_thumb.jpg

post-31158-0-54915300-1298996783_thumb.jpg

In a free float system the rail is firmly mounted to the upper receiver via the barrel nut. Some grip the nut radially while others grip it axially. The method doesnt really matter and varies for mfg to mfg. The point is they grip very tightly. The barrel is also held in by the barrel nut. It shouldnt wobble at all. The handguards dont give strength to the barrel is a non-ris setup. In fact, its the barrel that supports the grip.

Ah ic, now I understand, thanks for the great explanation t_hum! :D

And do you have any recommendation on brand that fits perfectly on KJW M4 for the RIS like this one?

140.jpg

I have to say I am not a fan of the free float. It could be the brand of front end I used on the KJ I just finished building but when it was set and done the barrel had a lot of wobble, about a quarter inch up and down and left an right and if I ever dropped the gun I feel like I could have bent it. I ended up fashioning a "cup" type piece for the front end to hook up the two. Don't think the free float has any real benefits in airsoft since the recoil is so minor and if the barrel is wobbling its probably throwing off your accuracy on full auto more than its helping.

Here is a couple cell phone pics.

Whats the brand if I may know? Im not a fan of wobble, so I would want to avoid it.

Thanks all! :)

I bought a madbull dd ras and it fit like a charm. I modded a g&p 10.5" barrel to fit the kjw and it together they are perfect.

I recall dd ras isnt the same model as the picture, but I'll take it as a consideration thanks! :D

If used with the standard barrel, its ok right?

I've got an element Noveske free float ris and it fits like a charm. The barrel is very secure as well, I can use flash hider as a tuning fork biggrin.gif.

There are two. The shorter one is a UTG and its not a free float its very firm. The longer one is designed for a d-boys aeg but the barrel is the stock KJ barrel, the delta ring could be the problem but it feels very snug and tight.

Nice options there, but is there any brand suggestions that have ris exactly like the pic I posted?

You'll know once you remove the triangle front sight. Mine was the full length barrel which used a funky two piece design.

Ic, I'll need to take off the front first then.

We will have pricing very soon. Right now we are trying to get our costs down due to the run being relatively small. Its likely there will only be 100 made and available for preorder for the first run. Previous Cradle customers will get an email when they are made available and notification will be posted here and at other news sites/forums.

The carriers will be 7075-T6 with a black hard ano finish.

Players with the x/o-ring piston will still be able to drop them right onto the new carrier with the included piston adapter and hardware. (The factory KJW piston will not fit)

A complete bolt with reducer, x-ring, and nozzle will be available.

No carrier extension is required as the proper length has been built into the carrier body.