• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Samuel,

Gotta say, youre reports are very unusual. I dont think we have had many, if any, reports like yours. Sorry to hear it. Let us know how it gets worked out.

CO2 has a higher pressure potential. What the gas is regulated too is more important. Green Gas is approximately 110 PSI. CO2 could be as high as 850 but no gun runs that high. Most CO2 mags regulate pressure to 110-130 PSI. That extra 10-20 PSI on a hot day CAN wear down internals faster but ultimately it depends on how the rifle is built. Ive run my KJW off of direct supply air at 135 PSI. The recoil, ROF, and noise was off the charts. No doubt the gun would eventually break at those pressures. But in the short run its enough to put a smile on your face.

Unless you want to go to a non-molded pouch other than tapping all your mags for QD fittings to run a gas rig your only option is to switch to an AEG. A GBBR isn't an all season weapon, having a non-gas or CO2/HPA backup isn't just a good idea, its almost necessary.

But as others have said I've played in 55 degree weather with no issues, and shot in sub 50 (~40) weather with no problems as well. Try filling your mags inside with a propane tank and mag that has been inside for a while. If it still dosen't work go to another replica. Knowing the limitations of the platform is part of the game and if you encounter a limitation find something to fill the niche.

This is part of the reason why externally rigged GBBRs have remained in use (not to mention other aspects) and are often considered much more skirmishable than most GIM systems.

Edited by frogfish

Are you trying to answer this question

what gas were you using?

with this?

Darkstrike, it is a KJW M4.

That only eliminates CO2 and HPA, unless he's modified a mag.

I'm going to bet he was using propane as Green wouldn't be doing so hot in those temps, it is possible it is what we over here call red gas, which is not the same as the red gas sold in the UK. I know that much but I can't tell you what the differences are.

Edited by frogfish

I would never buy a Tokyo Marui gun.

I would rather go with KWA since in the U.S. there is a lot of positive reasons to choose them and they are already known for their quality control and how good their GBB pistols are.

If the next KJW M4 I get back from airsplat.com is not up to par I am going to wait until the KWA GBB M4 is out.

I would rather go with KWA for multiple reason. They are known for quality control, high quality (mabye the best) GBB pistols, and they have part support in the U.S. if something went with one of their guns.

If the next KJW M4 I get back from airsplat.com is not up to par I am going to wait until the KWA GBB M4 is out.

Im trying hard to refrain from turning this into a thread about Marui. But Ive gotta say Marui is an airsoft company Ive always had a respect for. Ive owned them and I have always regretted selling them.

About the KWA M4 - it might be good it might be terrible. They have a LOT of work to do if they intend to solve the inherent problems of the Magna design which is what they are based on. In any case Ill be extremely surprised if they get it to perform near the KJW.

If you think your KJW has problems I wouldn't touch a Magna based rifle with a ten foot pole. Head over to, and register at, www.gasguns.info and read the forums if you havent already. If you want to move away from the KJW and WA systems make sure you read up on the tinkering in store.

T

Edited by t_hum

In all honesty any airsofter who has been around awhile knows that a comment like that is only made by someone lacking in experience.

KWA AEGs are great beginner platforms, but they have their own issues. Also KWA customer service is more like a parts shop, they rarely replace parts for free, most of the time you tell them whats broken and either mail your gun so they can fix it (which they charge for more often than not) or they mail you replacement parts you purchase from them as some of their parts are unique. I fail to see how that's any different from buying an airsoft replica from any shop, including the ones overseas.

this is much the same way KJWUSA operates from the sound of things.

I will say I have also been very happy with my KJW replicas over the years, I still have a KJW plastic M9 pistol that's been rocking away for about 8 years now, and my G23 has been an amazing nail driver for the past 6 years. Only issue I had with my G23 was from a cheapo aftermarket metal barrel I got from Jungle Toy back when they existed.

They still don't make them like Asahi did, I've had several Asahi's that were dated 1990-1986, and my current primary was made in 1985.

Any how, that's waaaay OT

Been warmer around me lately, and I'm noticing the hop-up rubber swell and or sweat (or just plain being weird) thanks to how consistent the TDC mod is or was whith cooler weather. I'm not sure how to deal with it but it isn't too terrible, I notice my shot group moves about 5 ft to the left (at the extreme distances) after I bring my rifle outside, and after shooting for a bit I noticed my group move back to the right. Never noticed it before on any other GBBRs. I'll take a look at the rubber to see if it's dirty, if not...I dunno. I know everything is bolted down and seated properly, so I'm not sure what's going on.

Edited by frogfish

I would rather go with KWA for multiple reason. They are known for quality control, high quality (mabye the best) GBB pistols, and they have part support in the U.S. if something went with one of their guns.

Oh wow, I was shocked when I read that. Surely you dont know the capability of a Marui. You said KWA are known for QC and high quality of GBB pistols(maybe the best)? You defo need to do your homework. In my opinion, Marui offers the best airsoft products without question. No one in airsoft world(considering they are serious in the hobby) would undermine Tokyo Marui. The name itselfs speaks of quality, performance, durability, etc. Their systems never fail (never find one CMIIW), it always is the benchmark for most companies. Its only a shame that Marui are not following the other companies in making a GBBR. If they do, I wont think twice in getting them. Their GBB is very2 reliable if you dont already know. I never regretted buying a Marui, I did regretted my choice in selling the MP7A1, it was a beauty! My wish is for Marui to venture in the GBBR market starting with M4!

Sorry for the OT. It would be a shame if your next batch of KJW do have problems. I hope you get a good one because going to the KWA from KJW is not an improvement in my opinion. I still think KJW system is the best there is now.

I am starting to think that _Samuel_ is either new to airsoft or is trying to troll us.

Nothing wrong with being new to the sport, as we all start somewhere, but trolls are lame :)

_Samuel_

You mentioned that you have owned a WalMart spring pistol and a UTG L96. Why did you decide to make your next gun a GBB rifle?

I think that it might have been a better choice to go with n electric gun so that you could experiment with different parts, upgrades, etc.

I have found that GBB guns take much more time, energy, and dedication. They are sensitive to weather, and in the case of the KJW, you are dealing with a proprietary system that isn't shared by any other makers. This makes maintenance, parts replacement, and internal customization difficult.

If you have the option, I would recommend you replace the KJW with an electric M4 and play with that for 6-12 months. Then come back to your KJWorks. Your expectations just seem a bit high for a system you don't seem to completely understand yet (but will with time). Range vs barrel length, optic mounting, gas options, internal maintenance, external part swaps, etc, are all areas that you have asked questions about. Many of the answers to your questions will be found in this thread.

Of course there is nothing wrong with asking questions... I do it all the time, and it is why this site is such a valuable resource.

I am not trying to come down on you, I am just worried that the KJW won't meet your expectations. That would be a shame because it is a great system if you can iron out all the bugs.

I might also recommend that you try to make your images focussed so that people can see what you are talking about. The 6 or 7 images in your first post were so blurry I couldn't see what you were having trouble with. This made me both loose interest and wonder if your needs and concerns were valid, or if you were trying to troll us :)

With summer just around the corner it's the perfect time to get your M4 rockin, so hope you can get your kJW issues sorted, or replace it with something that needs a bit less TLC :)

As for TM? I live in Japan and I have owned over 20 TM electric and gas gun and pistols, so I am probably biased, but TM make the best buy it and leave it guns on the Japanese market. I know that they are over priced for most people outside of Japan, but here, there really is the sense that you can buy a TM and use it for years with no problems. The ONLY time I have had any trouble with a TM weapon is when I have tried to do upgrades, or have swapped things around. The hop-up is usually great, and the newer stuff is excellent quality. Their electric blow back series is HUGE in this country. I know that power is low for US players, but if you can afford a TM, and just use it as is, you should get many a thrill out of it.

Edited by dstole

Dstole that's all sound advice. While KJWs are the most user friendly and reliable GIM GBBRs on the market, they are still less user friendly and reliable than the average AEG.

KWA GBBRs are junk, if you think your KJW was bad... you don't know what's coming your way with the magna system. T_Hum is planning on selling CNC machined BC and BCGs for $70-$140, a cheapo element BC will run you $50 overseas, and it is only molded pot metal, an RA tech BC which is by far the most expensive (yet not very good) will run you $200. then you need to look at new bolts, and bolt nozzles, my G&P ate nozzles all the time, and aluminum ones would either destroy my hop-up rubber or cause misfeeds. In the end I got my G&P WOC semi reliable, but not something I would ever call dependable.

Alright, well I don't like Tokyo Marui since they are plastic. I know it is high quality, but you have to pay for an aftermarket metal body, aftermarket parts for the barrel, etc if you want everything to be metal like I do (other than the handguard, stock, and pistol grip on a M4).

Well, the KWA GBB M4 seems to be promising.

I am not trying to troll. I can't even get good pictures with the out-dated camera. :mellow:

I wish they made an AEGs that didn't sound like a sewing machine. The noise drives me nuts and it is like someone running there nails down a chalkboard to me. Also, I think I got a lemon still. The magazines only get about 7 shots on 5 seconds of propane fill on semi-auto fire and that is leaving about 1 second in between each shot and that applies to all the magazines! I know AEGs are probably the most reliable thing, but I would rather not buy one since if airsplat fixes it or gives me a new gun and / or magazines that arn't faulty I will easily be able to work with it.

I have one question regarding a lubricant. I have heard Super Lube works pretty well. Do you guys know of anything in it that would mess up the internals or destroy the o-rings?

Here is a link: http://www.restockit.com/3-oz-tube-super-lube-lubricant-(692-21030).html/

I have heard silicon oil is too runny and it can get into the trigger mechanism and ruin it.

If you guys didn't know, I want to get involved in mil-sim games and I am trying to simulate the weapon system as close as it can get to the real deal. What is probably the most issued rifle to the United States armed forces? I think the M4 is, but that might old information.

Edited by _Samuel_

Alright, well I don't like Tokyo Marui since they are plastic.

TM's plastic is higher quality and more robust than most metal bodied AEGs.

If you guys didn't know, I want to get involved in mil-sim games and I am trying to simulate the weapon system as close as it can get to the real deal.

No-one is going to down on you for having an AEG at a milsim game. In fact you will be in the minority with a GBBR.

Edited by frogfish