Odd, I would replace everything with metal thought on an AEG other than the parts listed. I still hate the sound an AEG makes.

I would think more people would buy a GBBR. What is the most widely issued assault rifle in the United States military is it the M4 or a different rifle?

Edited by _Samuel_
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

_Samuel_, on 29 April 2011 - 02:19 PM, said:

Alright, well I don't like Tokyo Marui since they are plastic.

TM's plastic is higher quality and more robust than most metal bodied AEGs.

Furthermore, the 'TM is plastic' is one of the older, more overplayed BS lines in airsoft.

Their new version M4s are metal body and amongst the most solid out-of-the-box releases out there. The receivers fit very tightly together.

Their M14 release years ago had a metal receiver.

The Type89 had metal receiver.

Their new version AK line has metal receivers.

In the past 5 years, TM releases have had plastic where there should be plastic and metal where there should be metal. It is silly to judge TM as being too much plastic based on their releases in the 1990s and very early 2000s.

Even their old Thompson, released years ago, had metal receiver.

Furthermore, TM is one of the very few airsoft companies out there that releases a product that works out of the box and doesn't take several revisions of using customers as beta and reliability test subjects before releasing a reliable revision.

They are magna based clones of the KWC, and there are several reviews already out. The Magna system dosen't work well, but it's the most realistic system available, and that is something that's pretty well known.

I would think more people would buy a GBBR. What is the most widely issued assault rifle in the United States military is it the M4 or a different rifle?

GIM GBBRs haven't been around for all that long, especially skirmishable ones. The ability to have a working replica usually trumps the mechanism that operates it. You might want to actually play a MilSim game before you start making your choices on equipment (borrow or rent what you don't have).

M16 variants are the most common issued assault weapons with the US military, why?

Edited by frogfish

AEGs are more popular than GBBr simply because they are less hassle and less expensive to run. And more reliable with regard to weather. GBBrs are more fun though thats why most AEG guys (like me) don't carry a AEP pistol, but a GBB one.

You may want to look into the Marui M4 New Gen line (M4 Sopmod, M4 Socom, M4 CQB-R, SCAR). Full metal (where they should be metal), recoil, bolt stop and a more fun overall (sound, etc) experience.

Expensive though.

Well, I would want it to be the closest to the standard U.S. military loadout as possible. I heard the HK416 might be their next assault rifle.

I have one question regarding a lubricant. I have heard Super Lube works pretty well. Do you guys know of anything in it that would mess up the internals or destroy the o-rings?

Here is a link: http://www.restockit.com/3-oz-tube-super-lube-lubricant-(692-21030).html/

I have heard silicon oil is too runny and it can get into the trigger mechanism and ruin it.

Edited by _Samuel_

Frog, those prices were for the KJ parts. Our WA parts are going to be more expensive as they incorporate the nozzles which are quite complex. The complete RAtech units are around $240 and we will be below that with a much higher quality unit that is a design departure from the WA design where it counts.

They are magna based clones of the KWC, and there are several reviews already out. The Magna system dosen't work well, but it's the most realistic system available, and that is something that's pretty well known.

Thanks, if you could point me in the direction of one of these reviews I would appreciate it. I've seen KWA deny it is a WA clone so I tend to believe them until proven otherwise. I don't have much hope for it as it's been so long since they announced it, but I'm trying hard not to completely dismisss it either.

From what Ive gathered there are a lot of similarities between the Magna system and the KWA system. Theyve made some mods to comply with ATF requirements. I know two individuals that have handled and shot the KWA first hand. Ill check with them as to the extent of the similarities of the two systems.

Well, I would want it to be the closest to the standard U.S. military loadout as possible. I heard the HK416 might be their next assault rifle.I have one question regarding a lubricant. I have heard Super Lube works pretty well. Do you guys know of anything in it that would mess up the internals or destroy the o-rings?Here is a link: http://www.restockit.com/3-oz-tube-super-lube-lubricant-(692-21030).html/I have heard silicon oil is too runny and it can get into the trigger mechanism and ruin it.

The military also evaluated the XM8 and SCAR series for use by our armed forces, but none of them passed trials. The M4/M16 wont be replaced for a long time...

And yes, superlube is EXCELLENT for KJW GBBRs. You only need to apply it to the piston cup and piston. And yes, silicone oil is too runny. But SuperLube is a gel, it wont run all over the internals of your gun.

And if your KJW is still giving you too many problems, PM me and I'll buy it off you.

The military also evaluated the XM8 and SCAR series for use by our armed forces, but none of them passed trials.

Not exactly, the XM8 never made it to field testing, the SCAR did in both the H and L versions. The SCAR-L has finished it's field testing stage and I've seen recentish images of the H in theater so I don't know if it's still in use, I don't know what's going to happen after testing, someone who knows more about that can say something, probably a good question to ask in the SEALs discussion thread..

Thanks, if you could point me in the direction of one of these reviews I would appreciate it. I've seen KWA deny it is a WA clone so I tend to believe them until proven otherwise. I don't have much hope for it as it's been so long since they announced it, but I'm trying hard not to completely dismisss it either.

It was on some Californian website I ran across last night at about 3am, can't find it looking through my history shortly but if you google and sort through all the "OMG KWA GBBR" threads you'll find it. Basically comparing it to a WOC and only seeing minor differences, the big concern to me was the similarity in the nozzles as that is essentially a consumable part in the Magna system and the appeared to both be the same. As long is that is the same, the system is flawed in my eyes, and no better than a wall hanger. I have also been less than content with the KWA AEG replicas I have seen, all seem to behave no better than Echo1s or any other mid line brand yet people seem to craze after them like they are cheap TMs or something, so my opinion of the company is a bit biased in certain regards. I have been happy with their GBB pistols and want my MP7 I stupidly sold back.

Edited by frogfish

I will buy some Super Lube then whenever I get all of my stuff back. What would you put in the o-rings of the magazine and in the propane adapter? I was thinking about getting the Super Lube in the aerosol version.

Link: http://www.csnstores.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=OQE1012

Would that be a good idea or should I just stick with silicone oil?

I have been recommended Echo 1 and KSC non-biodegradable BBs. Biodegradable BBs seem too soft and I think they screw up the accuracy. What brand would you guys recommend out of those two or would you recommend a different brand in a 0.30g form for the best accuracy?

Also, do you sell STANAG M4 magazines t_hum?

Finally, could you convert the KJW M4 into a HK416?

Edited by _Samuel_

We don't make STANAGS yet.

You can't do an HK416 conversion. It requires a different receiver which doesn't exist for the KJW.

Stick to the regular superlube for the internals and use 100% pure silicone oil in the propane adapter. Though if you lube your guns internals regularly you don't need to oil your propane. I feel it gets too much junk into the hopup.

Alright, I want a CO2 version so I can shoot it inside and it would be even better in the cold weather.

Dang, I wish I could convert it to a HK416. I guess the U.S. military is going to stick with the M4 for a long time thought.

Well, what should I use to lubricate the o-rings of the magazine? I regulary lube the internals so I might just put barely any silicone oil in the propane adapter.

What 0.30g BBs are the best in the KJW M4?

Edited by _Samuel_

The magazines dont need that sort of maintainance. A drop of two of oil into the gas port every thousand rounds is all that's needed for the valves.

I think you may be overthinkinh the BBs. Almost any major brand today sold at airsoft shops is suitable. The list is excruciatingly long. Avoid walmart or non-airsoft stores for BBs. Major US airsoft retailers will have dozens of appropriate choices.

Alright, I thought you needed to lube them more than that. Could you PM a list of your old and new upgrades for the KJW M4 with descriptions, please?

So, I heard Echo 1 and KSC BBs are the best for the KJW M4. I don't think I am overthinking it since I want to get the best accuracy out of it and for that I need to have the highest quality, most accurate BBs.

Has anyone here tried Echo 1 or KSC BBs in their gun and is there such thing as Echo 1 0.30g BBs?

Edited by _Samuel_

So i did a total over haul on my kjw a couple days ago. Jp front kit, modified length falcon barrel, installed a new piston that Thum sent me. While i was switching out the parts i realized that my floating valve spring was smaller than i imagined. I took it out and it was a good inch shorter than a spare one i had. I swapped it out and noticed a jump in fps. Now i'm shooting at 400 with cradles VR with no spacers just an oring. Not only that but i'm not having any more sluggish bolt action issues.

I also have cracking on the top receiver, front pin retention holes. I'm just going to jb weld it and see how it holds.

So if you aren't getting the performance out of your gun you'd like make sure you check the valve spring as well as other things. It can get warn out will reduce fps.

As for the JP rifle kit by madbull. It does fit but it requires modifications. A slit had to be cut into the outter barrel, and the two metal pieces that hold the hop up had to be cut down so the barrel could fit. I love the way my rifle is looking now.

Alright, I thought you needed to lube them more than that. Could you PM a list of your old and new upgrades for the KJW M4 with descriptions, please?

So, I heard Echo 1 and KSC BBs are the best for the KJW M4. I don't think I am overthinking it since I want to get the best accuracy out of it and for that I need to have the highest quality, most accurate BBs.

Has anyone here tried Echo 1 or KSC BBs in their gun and is there such thing as Echo 1 0.30g BBs?

Every single one of your questions has thus far been answered in this thread, had you taken the time to read it.

Well I used my KJW in a small skirmish yesterday. It was 75 degree F day out so I was using the single large Cradle Airsoft velocity ring which put me around 350 fps with .25's. My gun was performing wonderfully all day. I could easily over hop the .25g's and I was almost out ranging the AEGs on the field. Everyone was impressed with the KJW.

I love this gun!

Search ASAP in this thread, you'll find that if you modify your lower you can make it fit, but it's no simple task.

Actually here's a link

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=171349&st=1860&p=2311646entry2311646

Edited by frogfish