Its an interesting concept though my inclination is to say its a step in the wrong direction. IMO, one of things that makes the KJW so much more reliable than the other systems out there is the bolt. They have moved the bolt cup to a piston design and now itegrate the cup into the carrier and use a side lock plate. My guess is that Tanio Koba was not involved in this revision which I think would speak volumes. Ill hold final reservations until I test one but my guess is that the sidelock plate is a failure point as well as the bolt catch area which, it would appear, is just like the other designs out there and uses no reinforcement or pin.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

EDIT!!!........I did a missuse of the term "detention pin"...when i'm addressing the "detention pin" in the previous post, i really mean the rear & front assembly tabs in the upper to field strip the gun...:flamed:

If its not too much hassle could you post a pic or measurement of the thicker part for comparison?

Appreciate it :)

Well, I just got my plastic upper back from Thum today. It was the first to have the TDC mod done to it (plastic receiver that is) and Ive just assembled it and shot it with .20's and WOW. Total game changer in performance. Im getting a slight spread due to the bb's being so light, but Im going to be put some .28's through it soon and see the difference.

Well, I just got my plastic upper back from Thum today. It was the first to have the TDC mod done to it (plastic receiver that is) and Ive just assembled it and shot it with .20's and WOW. Total game changer in performance. Im getting a slight spread due to the bb's being so light, but Im going to be put some .28's through it soon and see the difference.

Awesome news kai, question!...it was too difficult to accomplish the mod in the plastic one?..cause my CQB Tanio project has a plastic upper and i want to perform the mod.:unsure:

Does anyone can provide a guide to disassemble the lower of the Tanio???...I need to do some deep cleaning and that would be awesome to have a guide so i could not break something trying in a bad way...thanks!

Edited by slipknot1971

The process I used was the same as I use with the metal ones. It just requires very sharp tools and a little more patience as the plastic is more likely to deform and deflect the drill as the modifications are being done.

Well I go out to the airsoft field for the first time in VA and who of all people do I run into.... Kai_Wolf.

His hop is producing similar results to mine, so this I think we can say mine is not just a fluke. However now that I know there are two in the area I would like to sit down, run a few weights of BBs through our weapons and see what kind of performance we can crank out of these things. Looking forward to playing a bit more with my KJW, had a bit of a hit calling issue with the kiddie crowd today so I ran something with more mag capacity to counteract it.

Edited by frogfish

I was also able to test .28's in the gun during Frogfish's visit to the local field. As it was supposed to do, it shot straight with impressive range. Most definitely in the 200's of feet. I did test .43's to see the consistency and I was still able to overhop them. When using them, there was absolutely no lateral variance I could see at all and same goes for the hop up. It would go in the same place over and over. That just shows I suppose, how consistent the hop up system makes the gun.

Hello...does anyone else here have tried this on the KJWorks????...i did try it yesterday 'cause i found a video on y-tube of a guy called "daedalus" using it with his WE m14 EBR....and damn!...that's some serious recoil power increase...it's really hard to aim and shoot in full auto using this...I played under the rain and i wished i had a camera behind me just to record how the water on the gun sparkled all over with each shot...and a scope cam to record how the rifle completly goes crazy on the red dot sight with full auto shooting....AMAIZING!:o

post-65785-0-67810100-1309801676_thumb.jpg

Edited by slipknot1971

Hello...does anyone else here have tried this on the KJWorks????...i did try it yesterday 'cause i found a video on y-tube of a guy called "daedalus" using it with his WE m14 EBR....and damn!...that's some serious recoil power increase...it's really hard to aim and shoot in full auto using this...I played under the rain and i wished i had a camera behind me just to record how the water on the gun sparkled all over with each shot...and a scope cam to record how the rifle completly goes crazy on the red dot sight with full auto shooting....AMAIZING!:o

That's MAPP and it's quite a bit more powerful than propane, careful though ... at room temperature the thing can have over 200psi in pressure ( depending on brand ). I have this at home but only use it in winter when the temperatures are relatively low/safe to use it and the WE M14 already has quite the kick already anyways :P

So i seriously discourage people on using it during the summer since it can cause the dreaded "flying parts everywhere" syndrome :P

That's MAPP and it's quite a bit more powerful than propane, careful though ... at room temperature the thing can have over 200psi in pressure ( depending on brand ). I have this at home but only use it in winter when the temperatures are relatively low/safe to use it and the WE M14 already has quite the kick already anyways :P

So i seriously discourage people on using it during the summer since it can cause the dreaded "flying parts everywhere" syndrome :P

:D Indeed...i pressume that the syndrome it's absolutely going to happen with my country summer temperatures...too damn hot!...but it was a nice try with the weather more friendly(cold)...Thanks!...i'll stick with normal propane as usual.:P

:D Indeed...i pressume that the syndrome it's absolutely going to happen with my country summer temperatures...too damn hot!...but it was a nice try with the weather more friendly(cold)...Thanks!...i'll stick with normal propane as usual.:P

Well if the temperatures there are anything like around here, during the summer we usually have 35~40+ºC, MAPP really isn't a choice ... for giggles we tried running some MAPP on my KJW P226 on a hot day ( surprisingly the mag held the gas ) and we almost got hit in the faces with the slide that went flying out of the gun :P

Well if the temperatures there are anything like around here, during the summer we usually have 35~40+ºC, MAPP really isn't a choice ... for giggles we tried running some MAPP on my KJW P226 on a hot day ( surprisingly the mag held the gas ) and we almost got hit in the faces with the slide that went flying out of the gun :P

Pretty same heat here in Panama....yesterday with the rain was like 25 or 27 degrees and funny thing i have the same pistol you have...KJW SIG P226...and it hold well...but i already advised my friends that it's a really strong gas...and too hot for our rifles in summer or any sunny day whenever it happen....:waggle::P

I use Guarders power up gas(220psi/16kg/cm2) mixed with Guarders green gas(140psi/10kg/cm2).

post-68418-0-42333800-1309821437_thumb.jpg

Last local game here it was about 20C. I only use semi and the rifle worked fine. I could feel an encrease in recoil but not a "monster" recoil in my opinion.

Is the bolt in TK/KJW light if you compare it to other GBBR rifles?

I have never tried the WE M14 myself but what I have heard from friends it got a pretty heavy kick straight out of the box just running on propane.

I don´t think the magazines have any problems handling more powerfull gases. I filled up one of my mags with Guarders 220psi gas weeks ago and it´s still holds the gas without any leaks.

A quote from Redwolf airsoft:

Although not officially sanctioned by KJ, some enthusiasts have found that the magazine can in fact take CO2 (charged using a Madbull CO2 adapter) to acheive even eye-popping velocities.