• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Yes a Mk18 Rail will fit. No a sling plate will not work. From what I remember (and what I have) You need one that clamps on to the castle nut or tube.

Thanks for the info. Im so close to being able to buy a KJW M4. This thread has me convinced. I just need to make $700 dollars. And I have some stuff that I can sell that will get me that money.

What type of relase valve do the mags use i´m guessing 1911 type am I right?

I haven't physically compared them, but a visual comparison between the M4 release valve, and those used in the KJW M9 mags shows that they look identical. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the same across the board...

What type of relase valve do the mags use i´m guessing 1911 type am I right?

I haven't physically compared them, but a visual comparison between the M4 release valve, and those used in the KJW M9 mags shows that they look identical. I wouldn't be surprised if they're the same across the board...

Hello Gang, I was gonna put a longer inner barrel in my KJ M4 but then thought that I remembered hearing that with propane you shouldnt really bother exceding a certain inner barrel length due to the way the gas expands. I currently have a standard 363mm 6.01 TBB in it and was thinking of increasing to a 450mm one. Will there be any drawbacks to doing this or just the expected beneifits?

Hello Gang, I was gonna put a longer inner barrel in my KJ M4 but then thought that I remembered hearing that with propane you shouldnt really bother exceding a certain inner barrel length due to the way the gas expands. I currently have a standard 363mm 6.01 TBB in it and was thinking of increasing to a 450mm one. Will there be any drawbacks to doing this or just the expected beneifits?

I guess that depends if a significant increase in FPS is a drawback or a benefit for you.

Folks, questions if you know the answer:

1. Which ambidextrous fire selector will fit our KJW TK GBBr?

2. Is there any aftermarket receiver with markings for KJW TK GBBr? as far as I know there is none, but then again someone might know.

I was able to successfully install KAC ambidextrous mag release and Magpul B.A.D. lever with slight modification. Only thing missing is the ambidextrous fire selector. So if someone knows, please advise in my questions above.

Thank you!

Folks, questions if you know the answer:

1. Which ambidextrous fire selector will fit our KJW TK GBBr?

2. Is there any aftermarket receiver with markings for KJW TK GBBr? as far as I know there is none, but then again someone might know.

I was able to successfully install KAC ambidextrous mag release and Magpul B.A.D. lever with slight modification. Only thing missing is the ambidextrous fire selector. So if someone knows, please advise in my questions above.

Thank you!

You had to modify the BAD lever? I've got both the Magpul version, and the Troy version, and both fit w/o modification.

As for the ambi fire select, I have an extra RS Troy ambi lever, but there are 2 issues with it. 1. Its too wide from what I can tell, and 2. Its only semi auto. As for aftermarket gbb selector switches, I'm not sure what might fit.

You might just have to find someone who can custom engrave your lower for you. I'm thinking about having mine done at some point...

Same with hut, my BAD lever fits fine.

Anyway, I have a problem. I disassembled my receiver for painting, and now that everything is back in the receiver, I have a problem. The trigger will not reset after the round without a light push....any idea what could be causing this? It's fairly annoying, as I am ready to get my KJW back properly functioning.

Hey guys! Thought I would post an action filled vid I made of a game we played at New Year's Eve. It is a first person video of me using my beloved KJ with plenty of reloading and not a lot of venting or malfunctions in the cold. It held up well in December-January weather I thought. It was a 305 player game so there was plenty to shoot at. Great milsim event. Check it out!

Edited by Kai_Wolf
  • Like 2

I did some maintenance on my KJW recently (I've been using it every weekend) I found that the part that holds the buffer and buffer spring in place was protruding just a bit too much and interrupting the smooth cycle of my bolt. Discovered that the screw that limits its travel had worn into the part so I used some epoxy steel to reinforce it.

If you guys find that your bolt isn't cycling smoothly, this could be a culprit. To get to it, you need to:

• remove the buffer and spring
  • remove the faux buffer tube cover
  • un-screw the allen nut behind the sling plate (there are 2, unscrew the bigger one)
  • the part should come out with a small spring

I noticed that the allen screw that holds it in place is a bit too short for its intended purpose and was wearing into the buffer retainer. Some epoxy steel reinvigorated the retainer and brought it back to the proper function.

Next step: TDC mod on my hopup. She doesn't shoot as far or as straight as I want her to just yet.

Edited by freon

As indicated in my previous posts. KAC Ambidextrous Mag Release will not work with Magpul BAD Lever.

Unless you modify the BAD Lever by bending it a little. It worked on mine:

IMAG2432.jpg

Btw Hut, Thanks for the response in my 2 questions above. I do hope there will be aftermarket recievers for KJW TK. As for the ambi fire selector, I will buy the ones designed for WA and see it I can dremel my way to make it fit and fully functional. I will update you guys on it. Thanks!

Edited by Cj Radge