Raven1 - I'll make sure to check the screws on the buffer tube. I have some loctite handy so those screws aren't gong anywhere. Should I get some loctite on where the bolt catch is, I remember you (or another member) had it lost without even knowing. Mine seem fine at the moment, but hey, never know.

stickyittoyou - Thanks, I didn't realize that it comes with rail covers too. I'll get that one then.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Phantom, you might want to add that Airsplat will ship the KJW and any order over $150 for free UPS ground shipping to the continental US.

I didn't include shipping because everyone lives in different places so it could get confusing. Also certain coupons are better than others for people so I didn't mention free shipping. Fr me, the 7.5% worked better in the end.

I didn't include shipping because everyone lives in different places so it could get confusing. Also certain coupons are better than others for people so I didn't mention free shipping. Fr me, the 7.5% worked better in the end.

Lol... for me buying it from Redwolfairsoft.com for 360 dollars w/ 1 day shipping would end up being a better idea then Airsplat's 5 day shipping for 367 dollars. Besides I like Redwolf over any of the other stores out there.

Lol... for me buying it from Redwolfairsoft.com for 360 dollars w/ 1 day shipping would end up being a better idea then Airsplat's 5 day shipping for 367 dollars. Besides I like Redwolf over any of the other stores out there.

That is true, and shipping from redwolf is guaranteed to be damage free. I had bad experience with airsplat (to those who haven't, lucky you =P).

And yea, delivery from redwolf is very fast, and I don't think USPS keeps my parcels when I order from them. hmm.

----------------------

Side note: I fix the wobble on the stock. I put some duct tape on the inside of the stock. 2 layers and now the stock is tight. If you put any more layers, I don't think the stock will be able to move. I don't plan to replace the stock with any other, so I dont mind the "cheap" fix.

Edited by MrTreble
That is true, and shipping from redwolf is guaranteed to be damage free. I had bad experience with airsplat (to those who haven't, lucky you =P).

And yea, delivery from redwolf is very fast, and I don't think USPS keeps my parcels when I order from them. hmm.

I will never buy from Ebaybanned.com again... lol; by the time 1 1/2 months came across they still hadn't sent out my Daniel Defense RIS. So I ended up getting my money back and going over to Ehobbyasia; They are a good store; I haven't had problems with them yet.

But yeah I even checked on EHobby's shipping rate on this gun and it was still a little more. For me I'm going to go Redwolf, and besides they will give me some points on my account to earn free stuff. I love Redwolf ^_^

Edited by stickyittoyou
Thanks for the pm response. The UTG Carbine size rail seems to be out of stock at cheaperthandirt. I guess I'll get it from somewhere else.

It's funny you talk about redwolf like that because yesterday after your comment and mine, I saw Redwolf looking through this thread.

LOL, yeah they probably "Google'd" themselves to see how popular they are. :P

Nah, I am sure they saw this thread and that is why they lately decided to add the KJW to their product line. I'm sure they are also waiting to see what becomes of it as well, seeming T_hum is making a adjustable part, HECK maybe T_hum could talk to them about mass production of his part and he takes a share of it. (Food for thought T_Hum!....)

More likely china or HK would copy it and give me no credit, especially when people realize that its a simple part. If my products are copied (which would be lame, but probably inevitable) I can still compete in ways they can't. Im on a different continent, I make my parts out of the absolutely highest quality material and am small enough to personally answer the phone when a customer calls.

Besides, I doubt Redwolf would care to collaborate with an American hobbyist.

Edited by t_hum
More likely china or HK would copy it and give me no credit, especially when people realize that its a simple part. If my products are copied (which would be lame, but probably inevitable) I can still compete in ways they can't. Im on a different continent, I make my parts out of the absolutely highest quality material and am small enough to personally answer the phone when a customer calls.

Besides, I doubt Redwolf would care to collaborate with an American hobbyist.

"OHhhh SNaP!" :money:

A report on using Duster gas. There is a lot of cooldown and sluggishness in blowback in full auto. The magazine becomes cold to the touch afterwards. If you want to use Duster gas effectively, the magazine needs to be warmed up. What I do is charge the magazine, then let the magazine sit on top of my cablebox for a few minutes.

Blowback can be felt nicely too when magazine is warm enough. So I take back what I said earlier when there was no recoil.

A report on using Duster gas. There is a lot of cooldown and sluggishness in blowback in full auto. The magazine becomes cold to the touch afterwards. If you want to use Duster gas effectively, the magazine needs to be warmed up. What I do is charge the magazine, then let the magazine sit on top of my cablebox for a few minutes.

Blowback can be felt nicely too when magazine is warm enough. So I take back what I said earlier when there was no recoil.

Too bad we are getting into fall time.

5.gif

My limited skills in editing, but it works. Please Don't direct link.

----------------------------

NEWS:

I just shot 5 mags on duster until the magazine was frozen. Frozen, I got it fully charged, and near the end of the 2nd load (this will make it the 7th mag), the bolt didn't cycle fully and was spraying full auto, even though I was in semi mode. I took the mag out for 10 seconds and went back to shooting, after 2 shots it sprayed out the rest of the gas. Ack, I ended up breathing a good (or bad) amount of duster gas... =\

After warming up the mags a bit (sitting on top of my cablebox), I then used some of my leftover UHC GG I found in my storage room. The kick is so much better and cycling is so much faster. I was able to get 2+ mags on full auto (just like how Amadem did in his youtube vid).

So if you plan to use Duster gas for the long haul, it better be hot where you're living. Don't expect to be able to run duster in the coming months if you're in the states.

-------------------------------

There is a new vid on the KJ M4 on youtube:

Edited by MrTreble
No ETA but its believed that the release will most likely coincide with the release of the Japan version of the gun.

According to Tanio Koba's website the magazines should be coming out by the end of October to coincide with the Japanese release of the TK M4. So here's hoping they have the STANAG magazines finished and ready for production,,,

Dom S - look back a few pages, stickyittoyou has listed prices and sites for all the places that sells the KJ M4.

And these haven't seem to "hit" the market yet because it just came out a few months ago. Give it some time, and you should see it hit sky high. Remember, the WA and WE systems came out last year, and problems still appear left and right.

Stickyittoyou - I don't think they would put up a review like that. It would do damage to their WE, WA, Inokatsu, and AGM sales if everyone bought a KJ instead of the others. At least from a business standpoint, that wouldn't be very wise to do.

Edited by MrTreble