News Update:

We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed the talk of these back in March a quick overview:

-Turned/milled from Alcoa 7075-T6 bar stock.

-Type III Hard Ano

- Drops in to V1 and V2 guns

- Similar to KJW V1 design so bolt catch reliability is retained

- Stainless springs and hardware

- Piston and Reducer included

Price TBD once I can optimize the machining time and setup fixtures.

Where is the "like" button on here???

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

vertical grips cause the bbs to drop down faster defeating the purpose of a houpup. red dots make u go blind, for everyone u hit it takes away a min of vision so it makes u accurate out of fear. T

Yeah man, we pretty much get it. There's no need to post 20 times about how bad your KJW is. Now, can you please go ahead and delete your account?

News Update: We are back to working on our KJW BCGs. I think we should have a production level prototype finished within the next 10 days so keep your eyes peeled. For those who may have missed th

Posted Images

Jackster,

Having the spare bolt wouldn't ever be a bad idea especially if you wanted to set it up for a lower or higher fps. What is KJW charging for their v2 bolts, anyways?

That does lead me to say though that we will have fully assbled piston cups so you can swap out cups for quick FPS changes if you don't want to adjust velocity using the rings on the field.

I think it was around $21 plus $7 shipping. But that's for only the carrier.

The velocity reducer I got doesnt exactly give me a ton of options. It drops my fps down to 311 without any ring and that is down here in the Florida heat. I wanted to get around 400-450 since that's field legal. I guess I will just have I do with the 500fps.

I'm debating cutting down the auto sear and just having semi auto. That would allow me to consider it a DMR and bump the FPS up to 550 at my field.

I also plan on trying to have s-hop done to it.

Jackster,

Quick fix for your low FPS issue. Use the thin O-ring from the stock floating valve instead of the thicker one we include. Allows higher flow for v2 bolts and gives you more adjustment range.

You'd be better off removing the auto sear rather than cutting it.

Edited by t_hum

Will do on the fps reducer.

As for the sear, can I just remove the sear without anything else being affected? It didn't look like it when I eye balled it but I guess I will try tonight.

Btw, what are the larger x-rings that were included with the fps reducer for?

Edited by Jackster802

OK guys, the KJW/TK V2 is out for some time now. Can someone, who used it for longer period of time, do some round up? Is it still as reliable as V1? Is it still worth purchasing? I'm in a kinda split-would like the reliable gun (thinking go TK/KJW, which I used to have) or going WA way (those shiny shiny magpul/vltor mur receaver parts).

OK guys, the KJW/TK V2 is out for some time now. Can someone, who used it for longer period of time, do some round up? Is it still as reliable as V1? Is it still worth purchasing? I'm in a kinda split-would like the reliable gun (thinking go TK/KJW, which I used to have) or going WA way (those shiny shiny magpul/vltor mur receaver parts).

either the v1 or the v2 are going to be hands down more reliable than a WA any day of the week. I just replied to a guy yesterday on the NC boards who had bought a King Arms, and has only fired it a handful of times, and he's having problems w/ it already.

If You can find a v1 bcg, you're golden. If not, run the v2, and buy t_hum's new bcg when it comes out. Simple as that, and peace of mind that you're not gonna have to sell you're "twig and berries" to get your WA to a place where its remotely reliable!

either the v1 or the v2 are going to be hands down more reliable than a WA any day of the week.

That's not entirely true... It's just that to get a WA based GBBR that's as reliable as a KJW you need to spend a LOT of money. Still, a KJW is going to be more reliable than any WA system in a similar price range. And WA mags are also either very expensive or rubbish.

That's not entirely true... It's just that to get a WA based GBBR that's as reliable as a KJW you need to spend a LOT of money. Still, a KJW is going to be more reliable than any WA system in a similar price range. And WA mags are also either very expensive or rubbish.

Id be willing to bet that both the rates of error/issue/catastrophic failure of a WA, versus a KJW, and the cost comparisons of getting a WA even close to as reliable as a KJW is significant enough to pretty well validate my statement. I DID spend a LOT of money on my WOC, and never fielded it, because it was NEVER reliable enough for me to be comfortable with it on the field. I sold it for a substantial loss given what I had dumped into it, and bought a KJW and have been blissfully happy ever since.

Id be willing to bet that both the rates of error/issue/catastrophic failure of a WA, versus a KJW, and the cost comparisons of getting a WA even close to as reliable as a KJW is significant enough to pretty well validate my statement. I DID spend a LOT of money on my WOC, and never fielded it, because it was NEVER reliable enough for me to be comfortable with it on the field. I sold it for a substantial loss given what I had dumped into it, and bought a KJW and have been blissfully happy ever since.

I'd be willing to bet you're right :P I wasn't trying to come across as the standard 'WA SYSTEM IZ WINNAH!' kinda guy, just saying you do have a few more choices on shiney external bits on the WA system. The KJW is without a doubt the best GBBR M4 for skirmishing purposes unless you really are a sucker for looks over function. I got lucky with my WOC, in that I picked it up second hand yet basically new with 6 totally functional mags and the full G&P steel setup. I gotta say, mine has amazed me - It's run perfectly since I bought it after a fiddle with the hop, but I picked up a WOC-X soon after and sold it after calculating the cost of getting it up to scratch, and that was without considering the fiddling I might have had to do to get it working smoothly.

Basically my point is, the KJW is the sensible, and by far the more practical option. It's just that you *can* make a WA system gun work well, it's just deciding whether the cost and much greater potential for out the box issues is worth it for the slightly nicer looks. For me it was, but I'm a tart, and I'm fairly sure I got a bit lucky with how reliable it's been 'n all.

I'd be willing to bet you're right :P I wasn't trying to come across as the standard 'WA SYSTEM IZ WINNAH!' kinda guy, just saying you do have a few more choices on shiney external bits on the WA system. The KJW is without a doubt the best GBBR M4 for skirmishing purposes unless you really are a sucker for looks over function. I got lucky with my WOC, in that I picked it up second hand yet basically new with 6 totally functional mags and the full G&P steel setup. I gotta say, mine has amazed me - It's run perfectly since I bought it after a fiddle with the hop, but I picked up a WOC-X soon after and sold it after calculating the cost of getting it up to scratch, and that was without considering the fiddling I might have had to do to get it working smoothly.

Basically my point is, the KJW is the sensible, and by far the more practical option. It's just that you *can* make a WA system gun work well, it's just deciding whether the cost and much greater potential for out the box issues is worth it for the slightly nicer looks. For me it was, but I'm a tart, and I'm fairly sure I got a bit lucky with how reliable it's been 'n all.

No sweat! And at least you admit to being a "tart" about it ;-) Besides, everyone knows Airsoft is ultimately a fashion show anyways!

• Like 1

Sellouts! Just kidding guys... There are certainly disadvantages to running a gbbr of any kind, especially when you play against the spray and pray type players w/ box mags and a death wish.

I'm not leaving GBBRs all together, I just don't like M4s enough and KJW doesn't make a SCAR. If they did I would be all over that. It's also way easier to R-Hop a WE gun because of the VSR hop up cut

Waffle toss me a link I've been looking at setting another up

http://www.gasguns.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8892&sid=8fbb6c3aebc607cb009e2a856b6d128c

It's the last post